Socrates

Terror Attacks

24 posts in this topic

This is when politics start to become relevant. Leftist political-correctness has instigated the death of many. This has to do with satisfying basic level needs. How is Europe supposed to move on when terror attacks are now just a part of everyday life? How can a mayor get away with sayings like "Terror attacks are part and parcel of living in a major city"? When your basic survival needs are threatened i dont think anyone intellectually stable can argue that it needs to be solved. Someone needs to take the responsibility. If we are not even thinking about talking about it, who will? 

Edited by Socrates

I don't watch the news or really keep up on world events, but let me guess, there was another major bombing somewhere recently. :(

Looked it up, wow.  Don't know what to say.  8 year old was murdered. Tbh, I don't look into this stuff too much because it just makes me so sad.  Deep, visceral sadness.  I feel helpless to do anything about these sorts of situations.

Here's something you might appreciate:

Edited by Annetta

@Annetta Yes it did in Manchester. When bombings start being the new normal, it is alarming. 

Edited by Socrates

@Socrates What would you suggest that people do on a small scale, the individual, to help change the course of the world?  If you had a choice, what steps would you take?

Wow... 

Times like these I wish I understood more about politics and the world at large.

Edited by Annetta

Oh, it's the "leftists" who instigated it you say? Have 'rightists' played no part in it?

Do you have any solutions you can offer or were you only going to air your political gripes?

2 hours ago, Socrates said:

@Annetta Yes it did in Manchester. When bombings start being the new normal, it is alarming. 

Welcome to earth. This is nothing new unfortunately. 

Ego's run amok.

I have a hunch. The voices of ego, anger, and insanity are loud but, the voices of humbleness, kindness, and reason tend to stay calm and collected. The idea I have are people who are loud with their kindness and reason. People who changed our world for the better were kind and humble they still knew how to find a way to make themselves loud enough to listen to their messages. When we embrace voices of kindness and happiness when it gets amplified enough we can at least give that the most attention and deprive the ego and anger driven people from what they crave the most.

I was also thinking that we can write RIS on the graves of people like who do this kind of damage to our world. RIS would stand for Rest in Sh*t. Do that so the other person who thinks when he does something nasty will know he wont be remembered or cared about. Once these kind and reasonable voices are amplified enough and reach out to people hopefully those other voices of ego and anger will be ignored by most other people and it'll hopefully make the world a better place to live in...

This is just a hunch. 

The best thing - imo right now - is not to get drawn into the narrative and drama the media makes up about it. Of course it is sad for everyone affected. But it is also sad that such things happen every day outside of the western world. It might help to pay attention to the underlying dynamics that cause things like this.

9 hours ago, Socrates said:

Someone needs to take the responsibility.

That's the error of the century !  We always push it on "someone." But that someone doesn't exist. We are puppets of an invisible system. We don't know who is governing us anymore. Who has the power to do anything ? When somebody tries to take power, it is snatched out of their hands by the very society that wants these things to change. Nobody can have ultimate control. Anybody who tries to gain control has to eventually let go because his own survival is put to risk. Look at Milo for instance. He talks about such things very openly. So what does he get in return. He has to be accompanied by security everywhere. Even the person who might really want to  do something about all this is eventually  targeted, demonized and then stripped of all his power and rendered incapable and helpless. We live in such strange times that even a comment from a president might lead to his impeachment. This is a disaster already. The problem is not that there are no resources to deal with this. The real problem is that everything is so politicised these days that it is almost impossible to take a single action without massive backlash which leads to the action being aborted. There should be freedom of speech and freedom of action. The media gives a massive empathetic coverage of such incidents as though it really cares about the public. At the same time when somebody tries to take a strong stance against such things, the same media engages in name calling, constant criticism and judgment. The same media enjoys every opportunity to bring that person down. The media in some ways is the biggest enemy of our times. 

If somebody wants to take responsibility then he should at least be allowed to take responsibility and do what is required. 

We're puppets of an invisible system.

Edited by Loreena

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

I live close to Manchester.

When I heard the news, I wasn't shocked by it. It's happening so often nowadays. 

As sad as it is, let's not pretend these attacks are random. The British government have a history of

being some of the most notorious terrorists around. Along with their friends, the American government. 

"The tables will turn, we can but stall them, every empire on this earth has fallen." - Akala (British Rapper).

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki

9 minutes ago, The White Belt said:

I live close to Manchester.

When I heard the news, I wasn't shocked by it. It's happening so often nowadays. 

As sad as it is, let's not pretend these attacks are random. The British government have a history of

being some of the most notorious terrorists around. Along with their friends, the American government. 

"The tables will turn, we can but stall them, every empire on this earth has fallen." - Akala (British Rapper).

How do u know If they wont attack in random countries???? 

What you focus on grows, be the change you wish to see in the world :)

Don't buy into that media manipulation bullshit, its only a big game of puppet and puppet masters.

10712756_567103716748909_2598419974996723293_n.jpg

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@Loreena but remember.. the invisible force is the sum of individual actors. the one who thinks dictatorial action will change the world becomes the devil the world hates... just like when we tell ourselves we shouldn't eat the cookie all we accomplish is anxiety. allowing time for the communities to rally together to change for the better is all it takes. it will come - notice how much has already happened to get us the blessings we take for granted.

when we have the influence to inspire others into good action, then we seize the opportunity to change the world. when we don't, we must be satisfied with changing ourselves for the better.  best to act to what we can affect, and accept what we cannot if only for the time being.

@Annetta I know this wasn't directed at me but thanks for posting this song I love it I've been playing it all day since I heard it! I just added the full album this is from (evil friends) to my Spotify 

4 hours ago, egoeimai said:

How do u know If they wont attack in random countries???? 

I don't know. Yeah, they might. 

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki

@egoeimai Haha. Then let us focus on the poison in our own selves, and not call the kettle black ;-) 

― Shunryu Suzuki