Anirban657

Self-esteem Self Help

17 posts in this topic

I recently realised that my low self esteem is the root of my social anxiety, anger issues, depression, addictions and my laziness. I am a driven teenager but I have a lot of stuff to work on with personal development and self help products. 

To improve my self esteem I am currently reading the book "The Six Pillars of Self Esteem" and doing the exercises. But the techniques look "too good to be true" and confusing. But I will do this too the next 21 days at least. And if this doesn't work I will find the some other way.

How do I really raise my self esteem?

"Becoming 'awake' involves seeing our own confusion more clearly"-Rumi

Life is about experiments.

Good all in on the book, make the exercises.

If they work amazing, if not try other thing!

Patience is a skill that we (me included) should implement in our lives.

I myself have low self esteem too which probably started somewhere around middle school. The practises that are in the Six Pillars are pretty helpful if you know where to look. Once you have finished the book you should do the course that's on the end. Then, if you notice you really lack at a certain pillar/point, make that a big focus. Look for stems that complement your troubles will increase your awareness at that certain issue. If you find out a profound way that helps you I'd be happy to learn about it, I'm interested to look into self esteem problems further aswell.

Good luck!

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

@Anirban657 I recommend doing the 2 hour exercise.
Set a timer that rings every minute for 2 hours straight. You can do this while watching a movie or smth.
Everytime it rings, you pick a thought that feels good to you:
Im epic
Im amazing
Im beautiful
Im a great individual
I am so fucking divine and appreciated
etc.`
Try every time to have an original new thought (thats the most challenging part).
After those 2 hours you should be feeling somewhat better, and have a little idea of where you wanna shift, form having "LSE" to thinking about yourself as this "epic fucking pussyslayer hardcore lovenut who is unstopable"... for instance =D

What this is going to create is an energetical describency between your "desired" state of being and your "current" state of being.
The work comes in when you start cutting down the distance between the two. So don't be alarmed when you start feeling horrible, it is you shifting yourself to another reality of yourself. It is work, it is the most important work you can ever do. But the payoff is huge. The alternative is hell.

Good luck! :-) May love be with you along the way (or better... may you choose to perceive it, for love is with you always and forever! <3)

Edited by Martin123

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

1 hour ago, Martin123 said:

@Anirban657
After those 2 hours you should be feeling somewhat better, and have a little idea of where you wanna shift, form having "LSE" to thinking about yourself as this "epic fucking pussyslayer hardcore lovenut who is unstopable"... for instance =D
)

Nice! I'm looking forward to feel "fantastic amazing, drowned-in-pussygrabbing, president of my united self, rich, loving-tripping-best-time-of-my-life-independent hardcore attracting best at what there is to best at and who has eternal love that shines through the internet through other side of cosmos and divine being mr-nothingness-himself-is-blessed-extrasuperblessed-becauseImamazing-godlovesmethemore-I love God the more he loves-the poor children in Africa and North-Korea, I'm sure he ment well-loverboy". xD

Sounds like a great exercise! Will try it out :)

11 minutes ago, art said:

Nice! I'm looking forward to feel "fantastic amazing, drowned-in-pussygrabbing, president of my united self, rich, loving-tripping-best-time-of-my-life-independent hardcore attracting best at what there is to best at and who has eternal love that shines through the internet through other side of cosmos and divine being mr-nothingness-himself-is-blessed-extrasuperblessed-becauseImamazing-godlovesmethemore-I love God the more he loves-the poor children in Africa and North-Korea, I'm sure he ment well-loverboy". xD

Sounds like a great exercise! Will try it out :)

THATS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL AND CREATIVE ANSWER!
Thank you
Youre amazing
I love you.
Thank you.
Thank you.

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

@Martin123 Thank you for his exercise, I'm gonna do it myself also. Also I would like to thank you for the emotional healing guide you put up. It is really profound and amazing, I'm gonna follow through with that aswell! You're an awesome person man!

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

On 4/27/2017 at 7:56 AM, My_Name_Is_Mud said:

I don't know if this will work for everyone, but for me, when I'm feeling down I create fake accounts on message boards and use them to troll people. On one medical forum everyone thinks I am dying of brain cancer. I get a lot of sympathy. On an anime forum everyone thinks I am a teen girl from Japan (I get a lot of male attention and free gifts lol), and on another forum I've tricked people into thinking I'm an abused Swedish woman trying to escape an abusive relationship. You just gotta find your niche and go for it, and mold who you are based on the kind of attention you seek. 

Just like now?

@Anirban657 I have a question for you. Do you feel as though you have to be accepted by others around you? Think about it seriously.

www.hersandhislove.com

When I think of self-esteem.

I think of Mr. Woodcock.

Also, Leo himself most likely has some amazing things to post in this thread.

Edited by CuteYTDawg

@sheenp24 I feel like I have to be accepted by myself. 

"Becoming 'awake' involves seeing our own confusion more clearly"-Rumi

Making compliments about other people works great for increasing self-esteem :)

@egoeimai If it's genuine, seeing other people smile or happy then makes you feel good too. If you don't know what to say it always a good opener for conversation. You can't really do anything wrong by complimenting others, they like it, you start interaction and from there you learn ;)

Edited by Principium Nexus

On 2017-04-26 at 5:56 PM, Dead_Mouse said:

I don't know if this will work for everyone, but for me, when I'm feeling down I create fake accounts on message boards and use them to troll people. On one medical forum everyone thinks I am dying of brain cancer. I get a lot of sympathy. On an anime forum everyone thinks I am a teen girl from Japan (I get a lot of male attention and free gifts lol), and on another forum I've tricked people into thinking I'm an abused Swedish woman trying to escape an abusive relationship. You just gotta find your niche and go for it, and mold who you are based on the kind of attention you seek. 

You're a monster

On 2017-05-07 at 4:05 PM, Dead_Mouse said:

Sorry, bad joke. I won't quit my day job.

Okay, your parents kept some secret from you: Santa is an imaginary character, everything about sex, everything about money, all of their awkward moments that they suffered through at your age and don't know how to advise you about because even theu didn't figure it out, the fact that they had no clue what they were doing when they had you, the fact that they are still just improvising life, etc.  If your parents are the first thing you know, their voice basically becomes God's voice, and you interpret the world based on the skillfulness with which they taught you to handle things.  Do you hear "Hi!" as -oh no not social interaction- or do you hear it as -yay new friend!-?  This porbably reflects your parents biases.  So start paying attention every moment throughtout the day, and know that at every single moment you have the power to become aware of what makes you feel down (and is probably just a mechanical response from your upbringing), and what feels like love (something you can learn to do more skillfully and more curiously).  We are not just going for meager comfort.  We are going for what feels like Love.  Love.

Edited by h inandout