mmKay

Do we teach him a lesson ? ( You choose )

28 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Story time. You choose how this ends.

Today I went to my local Mediamarkt ( European Best Buy)  to return a speaker I had bought over a week ago that turned out to be crappy

The customer support girl ( around my age) was kind and helpful. She struggled reviewing the big box as everything was tightly packed so I helped her out. Once we were finished,  I got the receipt that I'll  be getting my money back soon

A few seconds later, her manager comes by the corner and barks at her "have you checked checked the box " ( with a bad attitude and talking down at her). She submissively explained that she has , after he kept yapping that " later he doesn't want to hear nothing from her about needing help checking nothin"

This happened  in front of me. I almost said something but I'm pretty non-confrontational . It's one of my personal weak spots and it also caught me off guard.

Anyways, I shake my head, get out and walk around window-shopping at the mall that's next street. A few hours pass , and as I begin to head towards my van I notice it's pouring. Heavy rain. I didn't bring an umbrella so I wait untill It gets better for one second and make a run for it

As I hop through weird paths in between cars, looking out for big puddles not to soak my fake Converse shoes, I notice a small cloth coin purse laying in a pool of water. it looked like an armband and I almost didn't pick it up. But I did because I allways find shit everywhere ( until today I may have found around 5000€ of sh*t in my life , absolutely by chance and obviously not stealing)

I get in my van. I open it. It has soaking wet 15€ ,  and an ID, drivers license and other documents. I don't know the name but the face looks familiar, no idea why. I Google him.

" Mediamarkt Electronic Department Manager pops up on LinkedIn". His address is 55km from here.

I get an ah -ha moment. I had found the wallet from that f**ing douche that was rude to my cashier before.

Your turn to play martyr and exercise Karma. I don't care personally. Do I give it straight to him? Do I write him a sassy note? Do I throw it in the trash? Do I send that note to his mom? Do I ask the cashier what she wants me to do? Do I spend the 15€ on scratch-offs? Do I commit cyber-crime with his ID? ( jkkk)

Again, personally I don't care but he did rub me the wrong way. Dude seemed to be the typically sociopath manager. And I literally was thinking about him when I had found it, pretty nuts movie sh*t

If you don't come up with anything I'll have to ask reddit 🥴 don't be boring

Edited by mmKay

World's #1 Spiritual Twerking Coach 🍑

Posted (edited)

Put it back in the puddle if you don't wanna go through all the hassles of going to him to give it to him. 

That's how you teach him a lesson. 

Edited by Sabth

Does he read the Actualuzed.org forum. 

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time.

The problem with teaching a lesson is about it being to indirect and vague. He most likely wont make the connection between it being missing and him treating others bad, it actually could very likely just make him mad, and treat other worse for the time being.

If you want to help him via a lesson, and i suppose you would have to frame this very diffrently.

How about grace?

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Keep the 15, trash the rest. Never think about it again.

13 hours ago, mmKay said:

Story time. You choose how this ends.

Today I went to my local Mediamarkt to return a speaker I had bought over a week ago that turned out to be crappy

The customer support girl ( around my age) was kind and helpful. She struggled reviewing the big box as everything was tightly packed so I helped her out. Once we were finished,  I got the receipt that I'll  be getting my money back soon

A few seconds later, her manager comes by the corner and barks at her "have you checked checked the box " ( with a bad attitude and talking down at her). She submissively explained that she has , after he kept yapping that " later he doesn't want to hear nothing from her about needing help checking nothin"

This happened  in front of me. I almost said something but I'm pretty non-confrontational . It's one of my personal weak spots and it also caught me off guard.

Anyways, I shake my head, get out and walk around window-shopping at the mall that's next street. A few hours pass , and as I begin to head towards my van I notice it's pouring. Heavy rain. I didn't bring an umbrella so I wait untill It gets better for one second and make a run for it

As I hop through weird paths in between cars, looking out for big puddles not to soak my fake Converse shoes, I notice a small cloth coin purse laying in a pool of water. it looked like an armband and I almost didn't pick it up. But I did because I allways find shit everywhere ( until today I may have found around 5000€ of sh*t in my life , absolutely by chance and obviously not stealing)

I get in my van. I open it. It has soaking wet 15€ ,  and an ID, drivers license and other documents. I don't know the name but the face looks familiar, no idea why. I Google him.

" Mediamarkt Electronic Department Manager pops up on LinkedIn". His address is 55km from here.

I get an ah -ha moment. I had found the wallet from that f**ing douche that was rude to my cashier before.

Your turn to play martyr and exercise Karma. I don't care personally. Do I give it straight to him? Do I write him a sassy note? Do I throw it in the trash? Do I send that note to his mom? Do I ask the cashier what she wants me to do? Do I spend the 15€ on scratch-offs? Do I commit cyber-crime with his ID? ( jkkk)

Again, personally I don't care but he did rub me the wrong way. Dude seemed to be the typically sociopath manager. And I literally was thinking about him when I had found it, pretty nuts movie sh*t

If you don't come up with anything I'll have to ask reddit 🥴

Leave it on the floor. 

Posted (edited)

The idea of you getting back at this guy should cause you to reflect on your own character. You think being nasty to a nasty person is going to make them sweet like morning flowers? 

Nah,

Shitting on the floor is always gonna smell like shit no matter who does it. Instead, is there a way to use that shit to grow a field of flowers?

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

Posted (edited)

Return the purse to the owner or to the store staff. They'll give it to him.

Edited by UnbornTao

Keep the money and throw the rest in the trash.

just give it back brother, don’t get infected by his disease

12 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

Does he read the Actualuzed.org forum. 

Considering he is a “f**ing douche,” I’d think he most likely does. 

Maybe we should shove the culmination of multi-millennia old insight up our asses instead. 

Posted (edited)

23 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

he most likely does.

I had to take a second look at this 'cause I expected the word "doesn't". Was this an err on your part or did you mean to say does. If so, are you calling Actualized forum users douchebags. 

Edited by Princess Arabia

If you are asking me, hate breeds hate. - Look in the mirror, you are considering a hateful act because of how he treated another. So what happens next in this pattern? 

Which part of you, do you want to experience or magnify?

We talked about the thief, the good Samaritan, the bystander, and a few other options. 

@mmKay In the grand scheme of things, what you choose to do is mostly irrelevant: it will soon all be forgotten by everyone involved. Flip a coin. This is going to sound woo woo, but you finding the guy's stuff was no accident. It happened so that you can look inwards and confront yourself. The outside world is mirroring your inside world.

All stories and explanations are false.

5 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

Considering he is a “f**ing douche,” I’d think he most likely does. 

Why are you saying these things?

◭"89"

All these time that had passed in the forum , you could have returned it to the police and be done with it. Rather than keeping it till now. @mmKay 💁🏻‍♀️~

23 minutes ago, Sabth said:

All these time that had passed in the forum , you could have returned it to the police and be done with it. Rather than keeping it till now. @mmKay 💁🏻‍♀️~

Wrong move. The cops would just interrogate and question you for disturbing their coffee breaks and nap time. Checking to see if you have warrants and asking for personal information. Who wants all that aggravation. Just mail it to the address on the ID with no return address. Simple.