Yali

Sadhguru undergoes emergency brain surgery after ‘life-threatening bleeding’

333 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

No different than a materialist workaholic like Elon Musk or Mr Beast.

The end-goal isn't a materialistic outcome though. It isn't making more of a difference to promote an intellect-oriented focus on non-duality and 100s of videos repeating the same things. Having a profound crown level experience of reality, talking about it for 1000s of hours and reversing the experience of formlessness to form due to the nature of substances is not a more holistic approach, it is reversing the nature of spiritual progress because stimulants still limit things outside of the experiences they induce (they're not sattvic)

After experiencing Isha's practices and 5-MeO-DMT years prior it is very clear to me that substances come with detrimental, limiting effects. Holistic transformation requires activity on all levels, physical yoga is a means to an end and you have to cater to materialism to some degree in a relative, materialistic world

If you stepped outside of this and attended any Isha event you would easily grasp any of what Isha, or what Sadhguru subtly imparts into the world asides from any experiential realizations wrought by 5-MeO-DMT

This article propounds upon the place that non-duality and a crown level of spirituality has in the world, there are realizations to be had outside of this which are related to purifying grosser aspects so that your progress is grounded and not limited to the "highest" levels of experience

Similarly, if you just show people where that tinge of ecstasy is, people may start walking just that and miss out on everything else. As I said, if you are well established and there is a tinge of ecstasy, it is fantastic. But if you only seek that, it is still fantastic but a bit too fantastic and you may move from reality to lala land. You may be a little lala  – wonderful for you – but it needs to be rooted in this world because there are things to be done here too. - https://isha.sadhguru.org/en/wisdom/article/sahasrar-chakra-inebriation-ecstasy

Instead of sharing an opinion just for the sake of having one, it would be helpful to experience some of what Isha has taught outside of any first impressions from videos or articles.

56 minutes ago, Jayson G said:

There are a few things which I can't fully contest but I am suspicious about. Like the 4 hours of sleep thing. Weirdly enough, there is literally a genetic condition which brings down your sleep quota to only about 4 hours, so maybe he actually has that, so that's actually more believable. But there was one time where he talked about how he healed his ankle just by sitting with it or something, like a sped up healing process.

Through classical Hatha yoga or any of the yoga that Isha teaches you'd experience something similar, your sleep quota going down is related to how at ease your body is and its connection to the larger body, Hatha yoga is about aligning yourself with the sun and the moon and achieving a level of physical rapport with the rest of existence. Hatha yoga is not exclusive to Isha either, but it isn't unexpected that this community has a limited understanding of the importance of yoga in our day and age

There is an exhaustive list of things that this forum do not understand due to the nature of spiritual progress through substances, crystallizing yourself here is a mistake and I'd urge every single one of you to experience anything that Isha has to offer first and foremost. One easy topic to extrapolate with is sex, if you're experiencing a level of subtlety of body by working at and purifying things through any potent Hatha yoga or any requiring initiation such as in Isha's, you'd connect the dots in articles like this - https://isha.sadhguru.org/en/wisdom/article/body-memories-washing-of-runanubandha, explaining the body's accumulation of memory and the detrimental effects of promiscuity

There are many dimensions to spirituality outside of non-dual experiences of oneness, love and God, and we require the grounding of purificatory practices that deal with very real aspects of our subtle physiology like the five elements (bhuta shuddhi), the pranic/genetic body (hatha yoga) and further to nothingness or shoonya, to apply our non-dual experiences and understandings to the rest of the world in a holistic light

Edited by Phrenic

@bammy32

3 hours ago, bammy32 said:

"Doctors discovered that for the last four weeks, Sadhguru had been ignoring a severe headache and giving himself relentlessly to his gruelling schedule, which included Mahashivratri. On 15th March, an MRI showed massive bleeding in the brain. However, Sadhguru refused to cancel his commitments including his session at India Today Conclave which he attended under the effect of powerful painkillers and sedation.

On 17th morning, Sadhguru had to be rushed to hospital where it was discovered that he had life threatening swelling in the brain.

After going through an emergency surgery on 17th, Sadhguru is now making steady progress and is recovering extremely well.

Neurologist Dr. Vinit Suri of Apollo Hospital said “We were joking with him that we have done what we could but you are healing yourself. The kind of improvement we are seeing is beyond our expectation. He is now extremely well. All his brain, body and vital parameters are normal and he is making a steady progress.”

Yes he's going to get better, I prayed for his recovery!😊

Give the guy a rest

It is very tough to undergo any sickness or surgery

We all make mistakes and when we do we prefer compassion to righteousness

👁CONSCIOUSNESS👁

☀️INFINITY_GOD🌞

🌎LOVE❤️                         💎TRUTH⚔️

46 minutes ago, Understander said:

@ExplorerMystic

Spiritual people are also full of themselves like others—even more, I would say.

Yes there is BS in Spirituality , Science , Religion. There is tendency in mind to hinge / Attach with something for grounding. It doesn't like to free fall and explore the depth thats where Guru , Media , Politicians, corrupt leader etc come in to picture.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Phrenic said:

The end-goal isn't a materialistic outcome though.

Doesn't really matter. Since he's as addicted to his work as Elon Musk.

Saving people spiritually is also a kind of illusion. Going to Mars vs teaching yoga, it's all the same rat race. The notion that the world needs you to save it is a grand illusion. I would hope Sadhguru sees through it.

If you stepped outside of this and attended any Isha event you would easily grasp any of what Isha, or what Sadhguru subtly imparts into the world

I have attended an Isha event. And what I saw was spiritual brainwashing.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Ishanga

2 hours ago, Ishanga said:

People will just hate because this is the only way they can feel any sort of intensity in their life, so they find someone to hate, see them in a certain way then let the hate take over, it makes their heart beat... They have accused him of most everything, stealing kidney's, destroying an elephant corridor, killing his wife, again once You try to do something big in the world, haters will come forth, its part jealously, envy, boring lives, and stupidity all combined into one.. 

Oh yeah I remember the accusations, nasty. However it keeps karma busy and the devil happy to serve itself more dark souls.

1 hour ago, Yali said:

The point is that a lack of health will lead to suffering no matter how enlightened you are.

I think that does need to be said because many people are under the illusion that enlightenment will lead to the elimination of suffering, but that's simply not the case so long as you're surviving as a finite self.

@Princess Arabia

I didn't see Sadhguru said he was suffering. No one said accidents, health problems or brain injury or whatever ailments won't happen to enlightened people. Not one single thing in these reports about Sadhguru said he was suffering. Check your assumptions and ideas about what's happening in this case because they are not what's being said. If you can quote me something that you've seen or heard Sadhguru said that he was suffering, I'll retract my statements.

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

2 hours ago, Ishanga said:

Whenever someone does and tries to do something big in the world, automatically there will be haters, this is how You know Your doing it right:)

Love this.

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

31 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Saving people spiritually is also a kind of illusion. Going to Mars vs teaching yoga, it's all the same rat race. The notion that the world needs you to save it is a grand illusion. I would hope Sadhguru sees through it.

Dude why the shit talk on helping people alleviate their suffering? 

This is absolutely needed and if there weren’t people who cared to do this you would be completely lost spiritually. 

Don’t forget you are standing on the shoulders of giants and how much they contributed to your spiritual knowledge 

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

No different than a materialist workaholic like Elon Musk or Mr Beast.

???? 

They are TOTALLY different. 

Mr Beast is making millions on exploiting peoples dopamine systems, and creating mind numbing, low level, low value, bare existential entertainment. 

Sadghuru is helping people awaken to higher values like Love Peace and Joy. Many are probably improving their health and relationships in the proccess

How are you going to say this of all of people? 

Is your life purpose course basically garbage now? 

This is the exact reason the psychedelic path sucks, it turns people into bitter, nihilistic depressed zombies

The path of yoga and meditation is so much more rewarding 

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Helping people in any way is as much as an illusion as tending to your own life, your dietary needs, or even posting on this forum. Limiting your experience with non-dualistic loops shows a lack of understanding in more illusory/relative levels of life. Of course it is an illusion, and so is feeding yourself properly, caring for your kids or earning a living. Whilst we are embodied we help people as an extension of ourselves, and our lives and karma are a reflection of our embodied responsibilities whilst we are here and interconnected with the world at large. Our relative lives are still important so long as we are here to live them, if not why put up this game of talking?

The whole stipulation of coming full circle is realizing that life's karma is to uplift ourselves and therefore others, so unless we're deciding to leave our very existence is a natural response to life. Sadhguru's lifestyle is a result of his response to life or reality as an extension of himself, and by practicing a form of potent yoga and purification you open yourself up to that kind of connectivity. It isn't that he's mentally motivated to saving others, any less than a flower is motivated to bloom. The article I linked talks about the place that non-duality has on the path and how it can lead people towards a disconnect from grosser aspects of their own karma/life, inducing higher levels of consciousness does not mean that there are not relative and more materialistic forms of responsibility which are as just as integral as anything perceived as higher. This is why Isha and Hinduism as a whole emphasizes purifying grosser aspects of your subtler physiology, without a holistic approach non-dual consciousness, and especially stimulatory induced non-dual consciousness, can create disconnect from grosser aspects of life and create top-heavy psychological loops to uphold itself

One big problem here is being self-convinced that people like Sadhguru are not experiencing states brought about by 5-MeO-DMT, and whilst you may have attended a single introductory Isha event, there are countless people who have passed through the Actualized pipeline and come out at the other end of the psychological tangle. In the same vein as needlessly claiming there's infinite states of consciousness after emptiness, substance intake creates psychological loops that take away from deeper states of emptiness/shoonya, which would lead towards more sensitive states of consciousness, subtlety and responsiveness to life on all levels, not just those that lock you in a state of non-dualistic, psychologically reinforced transcendence as God

Your videos are very helpful on a psychological level by providing pointers towards non-dual experience and this is reinforced by experience with substances, but it need not be experienced as stimulatory self-referencing loops which can potentially later translate to psychological loops. Correctly initiated, potent yoga is far more scientific, subtle, purificatory and will open you up as just as much to those experiences. To come full circle again is to really admit that you know nothing, not to stick to a path or plant a flag in the ground for the sake of security

Edited by Phrenic

Posted (edited)

Maybe his body's accumulated too much crap living in a bad ecology of India

Edited by Hello from Russia

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, BlessedLion said:

Dude why the shit talk on helping people alleviate their suffering? 

This is absolutely needed and if there weren’t people who cared to do this you would be completely lost spiritually. 

How about teaching spirituality in a way where the teacher doesn't kill himself with work?

That would be the conscious way.

Workaholism is a problem regardless of whether it is material or spiritual.

The crazy schedule Sadhguru keeps, keeps him from savouring his life.

All this goes to show that many of the traps of materialism are paralelled again in the field of spirituality. Brute forcing your way in spirituality can be as problemic as brute forcing your way in materialism.

Edited by Leo Gura

Taking a break from your work is vital.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Posted (edited)

48 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

How about teaching spirituality in a way where the teacher doesn't kill himself with work?

That would be the conscious way.

Workaholism is a problem regardless of whether it is material or spiritual.

The crazy schedule Sadhguru keeps, keeps him from savouring his life.

All this goes to show that many of the traps of materialism are paralelled again in the field of spirituality. Brute forcing your way in spirituality can be as problemic as brute forcing your way in materialism.

It seems as though it has been very effective if Isha has 9+ million volunteers. Sadhguru often mentions in his books that the Brahmacharyas worked up to 24 hours a day, and he himself slept 5 hours a night

It isn't hard to see that potent yoga might allow you to use your body in a superhuman way, and he only seems to have had a handful of serious emergencies documented throughout his entire life. There's a degree of complacency to account for if he genuinely has the purported capacity to self-recover

I also highly doubt he sees helping people on a psychological victim-rescuer level. Many many people are not ready to experience non-dual states, and this is where a more proactive material approach becomes relevant as an expression of grosser aspects of life. This is written all throughout Hinduism and also why practices that deal with grosser dimensions are relevant

Edited by Phrenic

Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, Phrenic said:

It seems as though it has been very effective if Isha has 9+ million volunteers. Sadhguru often mentions in his books that the Brahmacharyas worked up to 24 hours a day, and he himself slept 5 hours a night

That's called religion.

Islam has 1 billion followers. So what?

Sadhguru is exploiting those people for free labor. Classic cult tactic. If their labor is so important, how about paying them?

Edited by Leo Gura

Just now, Leo Gura said:

That's called religion.

Islam has 1 billion followers. So what?

If I have to do your research for you and pull up testimonials, case studies on shambhavi mahamudra and attend an advanced programme for you too then what's the point?

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, Phrenic said:

If I have to do your research for you and pull up testimonials, case studies on shambhavi mahamudra and attend an advanced programme for you too then what's the point?

Religious people have spiritual experiences too. So what? I am not arguing that yoga doesn't work.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

25 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Religious people have spiritual experiences too. So what?

Many of the practices taught in Isha exist way outside of its scope, one of the case studies I'm linking explains that Shambhavi Mahamudra is a combination of breathing exercises that exist in many Hindu teachings. The Hatha yoga pradipika, nadi shuddhi, kumbhaka to name a few

Spiritual foundations tend to be non-profit and have volunteers, and people volunteer for specific campaigns regarding Save Soil, Cauvery Calling and so on. I've volunteered for Inner Engineering programmes in the past as a point of contact for practice corrections, and I did it because Shambhavi was very helpful in my life, and there are case studies for this introductory practice that you can look into - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5871312/https://innerengineering.sadhguru.org/research

There are people on your forum that have testified towards Isha's practices helping them too

Religious people have spiritual experiences too. So what? I am not arguing that yoga doesn't work.

On the outset Isha can very easily look like a cult, Yogananda's kriya yoga teachings were taught through a Christian lense at times and he often used religious terminology. All of the money gets funneled back into the foundation as a non-profit, but there have been times where Sadhguru has collaborated with celebrities for money during COVID. With the level of involvement they have and the programmes they run worldwide it is easy to see where the money goes

There are Hatha yoga instructors that take it up imparting yoga as self-employement, and all of the advanced Isha programmes are conducted for free past the introductory programmes

Edited by Phrenic

Posted (edited)

24 minutes ago, Phrenic said:

Spiritual foundations tend to be non-profit and have volunteers, and people volunteer for specific campaigns regarding Save Soil, Cauvery Calling and so on. I've volunteered for Inner Engineering programmes in the past as a point of contact for practice corrections, and I did it because Shambhavi was very helpful in my life, and there are case studies for this introductory practice that you can look into

Again, so what?

There is no good reason for Sadhguru to work these people to death along with him.

When someone works more than 8hrs per day for free, that's not "voulenteering" anymore, that's exploitation. That's disingenious spiritual horseshit.

If you're so spiritual, start by paying people for their labor rather than exploiting their admiration of you. This is legit cult behavior. Exactly what Scientology does.

No one is going to awaken working 8hr+ a day for Sadhguru. If Sadhguru wants to be a workaholic that's his business. But it's shameful to then goad your followers into that same lifestyle.

Edited by Leo Gura