Yali

Sadhguru undergoes emergency brain surgery after ‘life-threatening bleeding’

333 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Ishanga said:

Whenever someone does and tries to do something big in the world, automatically there will be haters, this is how You know Your doing it right:)

Cant blame them though.

Screenshot_20240321_163216_Reddit.jpg

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

Posted (edited)

Maybe it's worth distinguishing that enlightenment is about transcending and becoming one with the light, stepping beyond the tangible world, whereas spirituality is about embodying that light within the physical world, respecting both its beauty and honouring the laws of nature that form is bound to. 

Elevating your consciousness doesn't erase the physical reality you're rooted in. It might unlock certain innate capabilities, but it doesn't free you entirely from your genetic blueprint and the limits the structure of physical reality has upon you. State of being doesn't obliterate the structure of reality you experience those states within.

We can't cut our connection to the tangible; human form is the vessel through which the intangible (formless) expresses itself. Our bodies are the canvas for the spirit's expression, our bones are a structural framework to support various states of existence. Without physical form, experiencing the transcendent or any state of being would be impossible.

The mantra meditation of 'you are not the body, you are not the mind'  gives the false impression that you can un-need what you need as a incarnate human rather than honouring the form you're incarnated into. More accurately, it's that you are not JUST the body, or JUST the mind, but a spirit that animates the body and the mind. Spirituality isn't about disassociation from the physical domain but integration with it. 

Edited by zazen

11 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Really? Why? Your profile says you’re in India, so could you provide why would a large number of Indians dislike Sadghuru.

People in the left mostly, atheist, western medicine apostates etc dislike him. Its not a large portion but its a good portion.

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

37 minutes ago, Davino said:

In the end, his life balance still leans towards the positive side.

I never said otherwise.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

10 minutes ago, zazen said:

Perhaps it's worth distinguishing that enlightenment is about transcending and becoming one with the light, stepping beyond the tangible world, whereas spirituality is about embodying that light within the physical world, respecting both its beauty and honouring the laws of nature that form is bound to. 

Elevating your consciousness doesn't erase the physical reality you're rooted in. It might unlock certain innate capabilities, but it doesn't free you entirely from your genetic blueprint and the limits the structure of physical reality has upon you. State of being doesn't obliterate the structure of reality you experience those states within.

We can't cut our connection to the tangible; our human form is the vessel through which the intangible (formless) expresses itself. Our bodies are the canvas for the spirit's expression, our bones are a framework to support various states of existence. Without physical form, experiencing the transcendent or any state of being would be impossible.

The mantra meditation of 'you are not the body, you are not the mind'  gives the false impression that you can un-need what you need as a incarnate human rather than honouring the form you're incarnated into. More accurately, its that you are not JUST the body, or JUST the mind, but a spirit that animates the body and the mind.

Sadhguru doesn't promote "Enlightenment", he doesn't like talking about things that are outside of most ppls experience, but everyone has experienced peace, joy, sadness, boredom and such things so he publicly functions at that level of intellectual discussion.

I am not the Body/Mind mantra Isha Kriya practice, I would say is just about being in touch with what You really are, not about living there and leaving the body and disappearing, he wants "Under Cover Yogis", ppl out in the world being the light, not massive amounts of ppl living in isolated places like his ashrams, he needs ppl there to do some work but he goals I think are for the avg person to come to some simple realizations!

Sadhguru is a Devotee of sorts, Devotion is another way to Realization, it means "Devoid of Self", so he's a devotee to all those that are seeking..He doesn't care much I think of what happens to his body, he works like crazy because things have to get done its that simple, he doesn't do it to be an Example, but to get as many ppl Conscious as possible.  Leo and others have their ways of doing this, to each their own, no one is in a race to see who's the best or worst, but things have to change on this planet or we are doomed!

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Posted (edited)

p.s. IMo and research, the ppl that volunteer are not slaves, they can leave whenever they want! Plus today ppl are way too complacent, lazy, bored, which is why the population of the world is going thru so much suffering, loneliness, depression, anxiety, etc , at the ashrams and other places in Isha the ppl are high energy, happy, full of aliveness, and they are not there by force, they are there because they have been transformed, the practices and such have brought them to a place of high intensity life, and they want to serve and/or help others get there too, so they are Devotee's as well, for a time they are Devoid of Self, and doing what has to be done to make the World a better place, plus its a spiritual practice of sorts, they are burning off their karma as he says (I know Leo will call BS on this, but what does he know about it???), to put that down and say its a form of slavery SAYS ALLOT!!

Edited by Ishanga

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

He was in such incredible pain that none of his techniques would suffice and he needed the help of science and technology.

He was in such incredible pain that even he couldn't bear it.

This should enlighten everyone as to why it is compassionate to allow assisted suicide at times because there's only so much anyone can bear, regardless of there level of mental discipline.

12 hours ago, Understander said:

I'm glad I stopped listening him. I don't envy his followers.

Why did you stop? Just curious. I never followed gurus but sometimes their advice was helpful.

Sadhguru's followers never really annoyed me as much as Teal Swan followers. 

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, Phrenic said:

The end-goal isn't a materialistic outcome though. It isn't making more of a difference to promote an intellect-oriented focus on Through classical Hatha yoga or any of the yoga that Isha teaches you'd experience something similar, your sleep quota going down is related to how at ease your body is and its connection to the larger body,

I can verify this. Nowadays I sleep about 5-5.30 hours, I´m doing about 1h 30 of the teachings, Is been almost 2 years of daily work to get to this level though.

Having said that, I was quite disappointed yesterday when I heard the news, precisely because the doctor said he took painkillers and sedatives, when his whole selling argument for inner engineering is 'Be your own chemical factory'.

By the way, I commented this in my isha whastapp group and everybody stepped on to me. Such a cult-like behaviour again. I thought this people were more conscious than average but no, sheeps as in any other organisation. God damn it what is wrong with humanity 🤓

Edited by Javfly33

Never idolise a guru/spiritual teacher. The role attracts narcissists.

I notice that they find subtle ways to make people reliant on them and mess them up so they can "repair" them and say they are responsible.

It wouldn't surprise me if this guy was just another narc cult leader, the most obvious one I ever saw is Teal Swan.

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

If you can quote me something that you've seen or heard Sadhguru said that he was suffering, I'll retract my statements.

@Princess Arabia If you read the article linked to this post, you would know that Sadhguru was suffering from severe headaches for several days. He then checked himself into a hospital, where massive bleeding in his brain was detected.  

Edited by Yali

6 minutes ago, ZenAlex said:

their advice was helpful.

That's the trap that we all fall into, and then you start to confuse the guru's promoted spirituality with your lifestyle.

19 minutes ago, ZenAlex said:

Why did you stop? Just curious.

Because he, like others, sells lifestyle but calls it truth, and that can become very delusional, which religions already do.

The solution is so simple. It's making yourself independent of any guru or spiritual teaching or community.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The entire notion of socializing is BS.

Please explain to me how, I’m sincerely curious.

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

55 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

his whole selling argument for inner engineering is 'Be your own chemical factory'.

No amount of spiritual practice will make you free from your genetics and chemistry.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Javfly33 said:

Having said that, I was quite disappointed yesterday when I heard the news, precisely because the doctor said he took painkillers and sedatives, when his whole selling argument for inner engineering is 'Be your own chemical factory'.

You can find lots of his videos that he states you should be in charge of your chemicals and basically whatever you want to experience with your body, he always says all these practices are to free you or distance you from your genetics and elevate your consciousness, 

This was shocking for me too to hear that something like this happened to him and more shocking that he took painkillers and sedatives, 

Plus you can find much more radical claims about his capabilities in his exclusive vids, 

There's something wrong or Sadhguru is not truly what he portrait himself to be, I dont know.

BTW there's no doubt that there are some true genuine super conscious yogis out there, they have been around for thousands of years but most likely you won't find them in youtube or Instagram but in mountains, meditating 24/7.

Edited by m0hsen

Working yourself to death is not setting a good example. He has become what he was preaching against, but in a spiritual way. So I guess we are cool. :D

Also I don't get why they posted the video of him on the hospital bed. That's setting yourself up for being a meme. They should have seen this coming.

He was working overtime for some hindu rituals despite doctors warning him not to. He should have seen better and could have avoided all this. 

With that said, I don't like people are criticising him not in good faith, but to get back at him in some way or another. This is nothing to get at him so badly. There is no reason to set him upto superhuman standards. He is human afterall. Being hospitalised is fine. Just don't make a huge deal out of it. 

2 minutes ago, Bobby_2021 said:

There is no reason to set him upto superhuman standards. He is human afterall. Being hospitalised is fine. Just don't make a huge deal out of it. 

You haven't studied him enough.

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Davino said:

However, Sadhguru refused to cancel his commitments including his session at India Today Conclave which he attended under the effect of powerful painkillers and sedation.

I do think he was under severe pain to say the least. His brain was bleeding inside his skull and then they drilled his skull open and made surgery. I'm sure he is under pain and most surely also suffering from it.

Pain vs suffering are two different things. "Most surely suffering" is your thought.

Edited by Princess Arabia

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

31 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

No amount of spiritual practice will make you free from your genetics and chemistry.

Well that is depressing. Don´t you think If you elevate your consciousness radically you can conscious create inner chemistry?

@Leo Gura For example, I remember some years ago in an LSD trip I became so conscious I was infinite reality that just to see what I was capable of I started snapping my fingers and with each I snap I consciously created inner feelings, from stimulation, to peacefulness, to stillness, it was pretty crazy. That was pure Consciousness, pure Power. 

If one gets to such a level of realization why not? Obviously is debatable Sadhguru has gotten there, seeing the latest news, I´ll give you that. 

18 minutes ago, m0hsen said:

You can find lots of his videos that he states you should be in charge of your chemicals and basically whatever you want to experience with your body, he always says all these practices are to free yWou or distance you from your genetics and elevate your consciousness, 

This was shocking for me too to hear that something like this happened to him and more shocking that he took painkillers and sedatives, 

Plus you can find much more radical claims about his capabilities in his exclusive vids, 

There's something wrong or Sadhguru is not truly what he portrait himself to be, I dont know.

BTW there's no doubt that there are some true genuine super conscious yogis out there, they have been around for thousands of years but most likely you won't find them in youtube or Instagram but in mountains, meditating 24/7.

Yeap, the more I know about him the more incongruent things I catch about him. Probably the more you are engaged in the world the less the things he sells are possible to accomplish. 

Yeah, that´s the point, as a striving or goal what sadhguru offers is beautiful. But has himself even accomplish it? Doesn´t look like. He´s too engaged in world activities as Leo said. 

Posted (edited)

26 minutes ago, m0hsen said:

This was shocking for me too to hear that something like this happened to him and more shocking that he took painkillers and sedatives

This shows the fantasies you guys have about this work.

There should be nothing shocking about this.

Edited by Leo Gura