Search the Community

Showing results for 'Nothingness'.


Didn't find what you were looking for? Try searching for:


More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Forum Guidelines
    • Guidelines
  • Main Discussions
    • Personal Development -- [Main]
    • Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
    • Psychedelics
    • Society, Politics, Government, Environment, Current Events
    • Life Purpose, Career, Entrepreneurship, Finance
    • Dating, Sexuality, Relationships, Family
    • Health, Fitness, Nutrition, Supplements
    • Intellectual Stuff: Philosophy, Science, Technology
    • Mental Health, Serious Emotional Issues
    • High Consciousness Resources
    • Off-Topic: Pop-Culture, Entertainment, Fun
  • Other
    • Self-Actualization Journals
    • Self-Help Product & Book Reviews
    • Video Requests For Leo

Found 6,985 results

  1. @tedens I follow Isha's path which i shared my experiences many times in this forum over and over. Isha path involves everything from creating a blissful life, health, material success, to moving into deeper states of detachment and nothingness, and then the last stage is about samyama which is purely to dissolve yourself. Once sadhguru initiates you into samyama it will unleash a lifetimes of memory to dissolve you very fast. Life will begin to roll on fast forward. "Once you sit with me, one foot of mine will always be in your life, it's heavy and it's on the throttle (laughs)"… "Life on full throttle" #sadhguru. That's his favorite quote Sadhguru'a methods are really beoynd logic. It's really an amazing path, complete path and very comprehensive path. I didn't go to the samyama program so I'm still not on the path of Mukti. I don't feel ready for this. I enjoy immensly my progress just as it is. Never grown so fast in my life. When the time comes, when i feel ready for samyama I'll go for it naturally. So i don't have anything to tell you really Sadhguru says a desire for samyama or Mukti can only come for happy people. For those people who experienced this life in great meassure and now want to go beoynd. That's the whole effort of the first programs. To create a blissfulness inside you and to live life intensly so that the desire to go beyond would arise in them. then there's the last program designed just for that purpose. "Suffering will not seek" #sadhguru
  2. @Nahm i understand that I'm consciousness ever present, ever perfect, etc... I'm not arguing with you at all. All you say i agree. But you simply don't know anything about karma. That's why it's a pointless conversation. @AstralProjection somethingness is always limited. all the magic powers, all immortality is something and somethingness is always limited. There's no other way. It's unbrakeable logic to say only nothingness has no limits. It's impossible for this to be false. Yeah i was hard on him but i wish i was even harder because his full of bull. No.... Advanced spiritual masters dont disagree with themselfs. Only fools and phylosophiers like tom come up with random statements which make no sense. He even uses words like "I think"… "i guess" "that's my opinion" like that... He's just a random phylosopher. A guru is not a phylosopher, guru knows life inside out from experience. What a guru says is not ant opinions it's a fountain of truth. There are scriptures written thousands of years ago by realized beings and since then nothing changed at all, nothing new has been sayed. Everything that could happen here and beyond is all written down and it stayed the same until now . If two spiritual masters disagree then one of them is a fake guru who knows nothing at all. Basic logic... Either you know the truths of life or you're speculating about life and are unwilling to say idk. Truth is the same for everyone. If both know the truth they will not argue.
  3. You have a long way to go. Look at the ascended angels they are not nothing, they work through the power of God. Gods will becomes their will. Do you want to see someone that attained immortality his name is John Chang, or electric eel man. And even this guy admits that we have undreamed of powers. And I assure you that these powers are are not nothingness. John Chang - Mo Pai Nei Kung I know about Tom Campbell he's a highly advanced astral projector and ex-NASA physicist. As you advance spiritually you realize that even advanced teachers disagree with each other on some of the more abstract spiritual ideas. Don't hold that against him. He's doing the best he can with what he's learned spiritually.
  4. That's impossible. Once you're aware that you're limited, you will want to brake that boundary. No one can be satisfied living in bondage, the desire is always to become limitless. Thats the ultimate law of consciousness. It's never satisfied until it become boundless. You can never find full fullfilment with any experience. Because every state is limited doesn't matter how beautiful it appears to be. Only nothingness has no limits. To be limitless one has to become nothing, cease to exist forever, cease all cycles of birth and death. It's a longing that every human being has. That's not how it goes. People who are suffering they don't seek mukti. They only seek pleasure and happyness. They want fancy nondual experience, to be free from the torture of the mind. But they don't want to dissolve no no no Only those people who tasted this life totally. Who are blissful always, only for those people a desire to cease to exist arises in them. A desire to become boundless arises in them. Untill then every spiritual seeker just pretends to seek liberation when in fact they just wants happyness and be free from suffering. When you reach happyness then the next desire becomes cease to exist, become boundless, Mukti. "Suffering will not seek" #sadhguru
  5. Sounds good man. When you do a day of meditation try this practice at some point along the way. You may find it highly effective. Just the fact that you are watching your thoughts is a huge step in the right direction. It's surprising how many ppl go through an entire life never questioning what are thoughts or where do thoughts come from. Try taking that one step further. Not only observe thoughts as they arise but follow them back to their very source. This is where you will discover the ground state of being. The infinite nothingness. Have fun!
  6. @Monkey-man Being in a non-dual state doesn't mean much. You can experience or "be conscious of" nothingness, unity, god, whatever. However. Your mind is conditioned. You have plenty of karma. Even people who've had the changes in perception that get called enlightenment can have plenty of psychological issues. You may say everything is one, or see it to some extent, but your behaviour can still be self-serving in many ways. Purification doesn't just happen with an enlightenment experience, or spending time in a non-dual state. It is a long process requiring a certain drive and openness. You can reach a non-dual state and close off, pretend everything is perfect and that you have no flaws, and that there's nothing more to do, remaining stuck like that indefinitely.
  7. @Dima logach I've been doing it since Leo released the video about it last year. I still consider myself a beginner. However, I have had some amazing, deep experiences from the concentration that have partially transformed me and given me real long-lasting hits outside of the yoga of personal peace and contentment. Furthermore, I feel like I have cultivated a healthier connection to the divine and permanence of mystical states. It feels more comprehensive than a lot of zen buddhist stuff I have done before, but maybe I just needed a bit more cultural/semi-religious context to feel satisfied, as well as more complex body techniques. I also love the spiritual lore that goes along with it! Om kriya babaji. Praise babaji. May he help us find the divine within. Also love the chakra/prana/karma work. I know kriya will transform me totally if I keep it up. But I feel like I really need to find a trustworthy teacher by now, but J. C. Stevens' book kinda put me off. Any ideas on where to find a good teacher in the UK? There's an isha yoga center near me, should I just go to that and see? Also, happy mahashivaratri everyone - anyone else staying up and upright all night? May you enjoy the vastness of nothingness, as I am on this darkest night. May shiva, the first guru, obliterate us all into the nothingness, his greatest gift.
  8. Yes, I am not Rupert Spira, I am communicating something INSPIRED by him, not exactly the same per se. I would be surprised if Rupert Spira used maths to communicate his ideas. It is not his spiel. Truth shines differently through different light bulbs. I see the 0 allergy again. 0 is merely a symbol meant as a pointer. Mathematical 0 is nothing but a pointer. It is not the nothingness itself. The nothingness itself doesn't exist by default - that's what it points to - non existence. Take away awareness from Me and you get non-existence. That this is impossible is due to the fact that I am the awareness, so you CANNOT take away what I am from what I am. For me this equation is helpful aid in self inquiry. As a vehicle.
  9. I knew yesterday that it was finally my time. I was gonna smoke some weed alone, which I have never done before, and surrender completely. I went outside and sat on a bench and smoked my joint, my ego had a lot of bubbling and I laid down on the bench. My heart began pounding faster than it had ever pounded and I completely surrendered to the fact that I was going to die. I stopped holding on to anything, and the world that I thought I new crystallized into complete nothingness and everything was at the same time. I saw everything as it was and spent eternity in this place. Then suddenly I was back laying on this bench outside. I got up and went home, knowing that none of this is real. You wake up to the fact that all of this is just a play of consciousness. There is no control and no one controlliling, only experiencing. Everything is intimately interconnected, everything is pure experience, there is nothing to worry about and no one left to worry. Everything is appearing on the screen of consciousness. It is the eternal play of infinite possibilities. It is freedom.
  10. @Wisebaxter "focusing" and "letting go" are actually the same in this instance. We are focusing on the nothingness of letting go
  11. Yup When self-inquiry shows the temporary dissolution of ego, that is precisely what's known as a 'glimpse.' It cannot be accurately described, so some people call it infinity, and some call it nothingness, and some call it spaciousness. The I feeling is followed to get to the glimpse, which is simply a recognition of one's nature. It's called a glimpse because it seems to come and go, but actually it never comes or goes. This is making it too complicated. It's quite simple: if you're dissatisfied, if you're searching, if you want something (including enlightenment) and don't know how to get it, there is the illusory I, whether you think so or not. So you have to inquire into to whom this dissatisfaction appears. if there's effortless peace while being able to function in the world, then that is the true "I." It's not a question you ask like a factual question expecting some answer. It's focusing on the feeling... you do know that you are. You are aware of this "object within the field of consciousness." That feeling -- hold that feeling. And then ask what it is you think you are holding. You will find that if you think you are holding something, it is not the I. Because you are aware of that something, and you cannot be something of which you are aware. So then again try to hold that feeling... and again and again and again until you understand just how it is that you know that you are.
  12. The impersonal Self (no-self) cannot experience an absence of Self. It is self aware (self knowing), self existing, with no need for anything other than itself to know itself. Absolute Nothingness is simply the absence of the objects of perception such as the external world ,universe, body, mind, thoughts, feelings,sensations,etc., Self only ever experiences Self, with or without objects. Including the imagined "conscious" personal self or "ego". Pure Consciousness is prior to the thought based/imagined (i.e, non-existent self) which claims itself to be conscious. What is aware of the nothingness,in which That itself,cannot be described as neither something nor nothing?
  13. @winterknight Just curious, ever had or heard from anyone directly - having an infinity, or ‘nothingness’, ‘glimpse’ from self inquiry, or other practices? Or just primarily the feeling / realization? Thanks! Love this thread btw, much appreciated ♥️
  14. Lol. You're full of bull no offence The state you're talking about is called Mukti, Nirvan, Moksha. It's a state of total dissolusion. Total dissolusion can happen only if you dissolve all karma. There's is whole system in Bhuddhism and techneques how to do that. There are interesting other methods to do that also. Like Khala Bhairava. It means ultimate suffering. It's when your guru at the moment of your death makes you experience a suffering of a thousands of lifetimes in one moment to dissolve you and liberate you. Still you see. It's about dissolving karma. There could be other methods I'm aware of but basicly unless you dissolve all the karma there's no escape for you to become absolute nothingness. Your explanation was weird. Maybe it's true idk I'm not the expert. But doesn't feel very scientific and logical.
  15. @Highest I don't understand these terms nondual world and dual world. My theoretical understanding is either you can be in nothingness and cannot function from that state. So necessarily one has come out of nothingness to function in the world. ?
  16. @Ethankahn Absolute Nothingness is not without experiencing on a sensory level. No sensory, no experience. What you talking about is a future thought, and idea, a concept. That is not real. Simply does not exist. Simply, is impossible to verify that.
  17. to admire the beauty of consciousness, to use creativity to solve the worlds problems, to make some money and survive, to give my life a immaterial purpose, to challenge myself, to discover higher potentials within me, to make a career out of helping others, to create a hero's journey, to show others that life can be more than just getting a 9-5 job, to create purpose for other, or to help them find purpose in their lives, to work in a team to create ,to find practical solutions, to start up a business envoking high values, to motivate others, to enjoy my life, to find a sense of fulfillment, to do something with my life these are the reasons on which my life purpose is built is this egoic? because enlightenment shows that nothing is wrong and that instead i should be focusing on purifying myself and having a direct experience of nothingness/ finding the "I" in self inquiry and putting this first instead of going on a wild goose chase, this is the question i find that leads me to ask myself am i in the right or wrong to pursue a life purpose
  18. I can’t sleep so I will write about something I became conscious of some 30 min back. Only GOD IS. Do you see? It came like an insight, only the non-dual One IS. This includes Everything: Infinity, nothingness, all of existence and life. Everything. Only the non-dual Infinite One (God) is. All of reality and existence and experiences is God. What can I say, it just clicked: There is only God, only God alone IS. I became directly aware of It and at the same time I became conscious that It (God) is the only existent, the only thing (or rather no-thing) that IS.
  19. @Mikael89 That’s however not how I know that I am God. I’m directly aware and conscious that I am God, this came about from several NON-dual experiences and awakenings, both sober and high. The God I’m conscious of is Everything: Infinity, finite, nothingness, everything. The God I’m conscious of is a metaphysical fact, I’m conscious that only It alone exists and is everything, whatever it is. You can doubt that I am God, that comes from you still living in illusion and not being conscious. I know what I am and nothing can change that.
  20. @Hellspeed Experiences are things. So, if you're still experiencing it, then it's not Absolutely Nothing. You also just said that it is cold. Absolute Nothing is neither hot nor cold. It has no temperature. I believe you're experiencing what you say, but what you're experiencing doesn't sound like Absolute Nothingness (at least what I refer to as such).
  21. By experience i can say, this reality or name it incarnation is the highest stage of consciousness; why? Because one can experience nothingness. The formless paradigm is just a projection on the basis of being. To shoot for the formless as priority is to be dead. Pure nothingness experienced through your being is something. Being dead is something else, there is no more experience through your being, there is no more identity, is only cold and chaos. Those who have died in can tell, they are envious in a way of the living. Because being dead re-incarnation is just a belief of the living. There is no re-incarnation, there is new life only, always. But those on the logic side can argue this all day, it has no meaning. There are no 2 beings out there alike, only conditioning by external sources and external beliefs. All this was created, (the afterlife) for those who have not awakened, to give them a sense of purpose. Those who already know how to rejuvenate the body they just laugh in the darkness, because the majority of humanity has no clue that is possible to reach a kind of immortality in this body, they think they will be bored, lol! But little they know that the changes of the body/mind can go to infinite growth. I speak about this banned or insane things because i'm experiencing it.
  22. What do i mean by '' Absolute Nothingness '' ? I mean the lack of the very thing that is a constant, consciousness. The finality of being dead forever, having no form, no proprieties forever is Absolute Nothingness. No sensory experience/r, just pure nothingness. Absolute infinity / Absolute nothingness are polar opposites. Absolute infinity has phenomenons, proprieties and even an ability to generate this thread, but it does not include a self negating attribute to it other than recycling ( death ) . You can actually escape the absolutely infinite wheel by turning yourself towards Absolute Nothingness. Ego death is not enough, this reality is only one set. You need consciousness-death. All of this can be done from the comfort of your bedroom.
  23. I found this eerie quote from a book(I find it eerie because of a video I've seen). "You are not you--you have no body, no blood, no bones, you are but a thought. I myself have no existence; I am but a dream--your dream, a creature of your imagination. In a moment you will have realized this, then you will banish me from your visions and I shall dissolve into the nothingness out of which you made me In a little while you will be alone in shoreless space, to wander its limitless solitudes without friend or comrade forever—for you will remain a thought, the only existent thought, and by your nature inextinguishable, indestructible. But I, your poor servant, have revealed you to yourself and set you free. Dream other dreams, and better! Strange! that you should not have suspected years ago—centuries, ages, eons, ago!—for you have existed, companionless, through all the eternities. Strange, indeed, that you should not have suspected that your universe and its contents were only dreams, visions, fiction! Strange, because they are so frankly and hysterically insane—like all dreams: a God who could make good children as easily as bad, yet preferred to make bad ones; who could have made every one of them happy, yet never made a single happy one; who made them prize their bitter life, yet stingily cut it short; who gave his angels eternal happiness unearned, yet required his other children to earn it; who gave his angels painless lives, yet cursed his other children with biting miseries and maladies of mind and body; who mouths justice and invented hell—mouths mercy and invented hell—mouths Golden Rules, and forgiveness multiplied by seventy times seven, and invented hell; who mouths morals to other people and has none himself; who frowns upon crimes, yet commits them all; who created man without invitation, then tries to shuffle the responsibility for man's acts upon man, instead of honorably placing it where it belongs, upon himself; and finally, with altogether divine obtuseness, invites a poor, abused slave to worship him! You perceive, now, that these things are all impossible except in a dream. You perceive that they are pure and puerile insanities, the silly creations of an imagination that is not conscious of its freaks—in a word, that they are a dream, and you the maker of it. The dream-marks are all present; you should have recognized them earlier. It is true, that which I have revealed to you; there is no God, no universe, no human race, no earthly life, no heaven, no hell. It is all a dream—a grotesque and foolish dream. Nothing exists but you. And you are but a thought—a vagrant thought, a useless thought, a homeless thought, wandering forlorn among the empty eternities!" I remember watching this video a few years ago which led me to this quote
  24. No i'm only slightly happy when i'm goal orientated because of fears of not learning enough information to later make a big enough impact at current, and then feel i'm getting towards my full potential ever so slightly. i can drop that and go back to being, not for extended periods of time. I.e ill look at reality directly and realise what an amazing thing it is, or just realise the nothingness in things and watch videos on animals. During this rest period i exhibit everythings good and what not, but ultimately the world is goal orientated, no matter what way you look at it and so are systems and therefore i feel if i'm not doing anything especially at my age (23) then i'm wasting my life.
  25. @Wisebaxter Throw away all of these concepts from your inquiry: "focusing, awareness, nothingness, Adyashanti, meditation, technique, 'no thought', void, quietness, etc..." Consider that the inquiry is like a radio interview, or a TV show. Who is watching?