Key Elements

Insights into the path to nothingness (no-self)

62 posts in this topic

I found a very interesting diagram:

the-ten-worlds-of-buddhism.jpg

If anyone would like to share some good insights into this, please do.

If you could share some info that most ppl don't know, that would be great.

Here's something interesting:

bo·dhi·satt·va

/ˌbōdiˈsätvə,-ˈsət-/

noun

(in Mahayana Buddhism) a person who is able to reach nirvana but delays doing so out of compassion in order to save suffering beings.

Question is: What do we do in life to achieve full "Buddhahood," peace, no-self? Maybe, perhaps, one way to do it is to realize that we are everything and reduce suffering (through life purpose or something), and also just "Be" while going through the process. 

6 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

Well, good luck with that. 15.000 humans per hour gets born into the world.

What you said here reminds me of this story:

According to this clip, to me, she's an example of a bodhisattva. The children that she helped could grow up and help others in some way to help reduce suffering -- ripple effect. 

However, it seems to me like what's missing in her life is, she may not have realized the no-self (everything is one) since she's not teaching it in some way.

@Key Elements video was amazing

I've done a little bit of contemplation before on this matter and why people would come out of void/ infinite somethingness - it appears to me that if you split back into an ego to complete a specific life purpose that you have created. Your thoughts would be tailored to that and you wouldn't be in infinity anymore. Its like you've selected a specific group of people instead of accepting anyone. Where as buddah hood i think that if you look at buddah or jesus they accepted everything in the now and had no inert intention. therefore it is also like the prohets aswell. they were just being their mind body thoughts and soul. 

None the less, there is no difference in the path you choose so per say as we all know its an illusion even the truth (only to some degree that it is currently at the moment in now-time) . so it becomes the choice of what you would like to do as your life purpose. If you do not choose in the now and for example, i thought about building schools in africa to improve their spiral dynamics problem then this is my choice to be a bodhisatva at this present moment and i would focus my thoughts on that. I am still not doing it for myself to feel good in any way (i.e from ego) but my spritual ego has chosen this as my spritual dharma. (if i decide to carry along with it)

so buddahood is just doing whats in the now. 

my predictation as spritual ego is that eventually if we had a society all at buddahhood it would be one amazing society for oneness but that itself is almost 10,000- 20,000 years in the future! in my opinion we are well offf it! so in conclusion buddahood is the current true nature of a human being at present time. Nothing dictates there are not higher stages and my opinion is there will be in the future. We are just a long time away from it and living in the now. Therefore it's simply a choice ..... boddhistava or buddahhood? 

let me know what heads or tails you made out of this

kind regards

I think one of the greatest insights is the insight of foresight. The ability to see what enlightenment will bring. Meditating and self enquiry seems very pointless to someone who does not see what is hidden behind the Vail of knowledge. It is possible for a person to predict the future accurately with very little information to base their predictions upon. 

Look up "low latent inhibition". Someone with a lower level of latent inhibition has a very finely tuned ability to "read" situations. Detectives and criminal investigators have to practise increasing their field of awareness and decreasing their level of latent inhibition. I have no doubt most (if not all) of the people involved with spiritual work have lower latent inhibition.

For me it got to the point where I could start to accurately predict the future as well as accurately predict extra contexts of the present. I think the best way I could describe it would be like the matrix. In the real world the matrix is just information floating across a screen in a linear format...just different expressions. But reading the matrix like this can show very fine details and you can work with it a lot better than treating it like an acrual place. Christian mystics can look into the future and see information based on laying their hands on people (feeling into their vibrational tuning and reading what is there)...and I've seen this first hand myself. The reason I think this "insight" is one of the most important ones is because it is one of the first obstacles one must overcome to reach a decision to dedicate themselves to god and spiritual practises. With no foresight there will be no motivation. I was tripping on LSD 2 days ago and this grew about 10 times stronger. So yeah that's what I think is important

Sorry i forgot to mention the end bit 

bodhisatva - consciously living in falsehood 

buddahhood - consciously living in truth

Boddhisatvas are enlightened by your definition. Which would be dropping body mind identification.

Nirvana is not the realisation of no self. Dropping of the identity fetter happens at the beginning of stream entry.

Buddhahood is the complete purification of all bodies, emotional, subtle, causal without room for the slightest impurity. It’s the same as avatarhood.

Edited by Arhattobe

Boddhisatvas are enlightened beings yes, they just choose to accept themselves as they are, 

I think all these enlightenment, jesus consciousness, buddahood, moksha, allah are basically just realising that everything is nothing and then from there you have a last choice, what you wish to do with your thoughts knowing they are also part of the illusion 

you can either go with them in the now this is complete purity or nirvana etc and those words above (be the foundation foothold itself for yourself as oneness) 

or 

you can choose what to identify back with but on a spiritual path to raise consciousness and release suffering... in this way you have to tailor your thoughts accordingly (build foundations foothold for others as oneness)

9 hours ago, Key Elements said:

(in Mahayana Buddhism) a person who is able to reach nirvana but delays doing so out of compassion in order to save suffering beings.

@Key Elements

"Holding at the satguru's feet is the borderline between knowingness and no-knowingness"    A Bodhisattva?

But wouldn't someone who reaches full Buddhahood then teach through silence? The silence of no-knowingness or true emptiness can be a great teacher. The guru of gurus. They would be the embodyment of true emptiness. 

Question is: What do we do in life to achieve full "Buddhahood," peace, no-self?

Die while remaining alive to the body. 

Question is: What do we do in life to achieve full "Buddhahood," peace, no-self? Maybe, perhaps, one way to do it is to realize that we are everything and reduce suffering (through life purpose or something), and also just "Be" while going through the process. 

The sutra path in Mahayana buddhism is said to last eons. The vajrayana path in Mahayana buddhism is said to last up to 7 lifes depending on the specific vajrayana path.

But since they believe in rebirth it is unclear at what stage someone is in her/his present life. The progress in this life will show.

Edited by ground

Please do not pay attention to my empty words if you are following Leo's teaching !!
Sometimes my empty words may appear too negative, too rational, too irrational, egoistical or even like trolling because my path is a non-path and is nothing but deviation and incompatible with all teachings known.

Thanks for all the replies. I read them all.

For those of you who addressed me, when I looked at the diagram, I saw the four final phases like Spiral Dynamics:

Learning + Realization + Bodhisattva + Buddhahood = Nirvana 

When I saw Realization, that could include an awakening (enlightenment).

(I'm just letting you know ahead of time that this is just a guide. The map is not the territory.)

Nirvana is after the person passes away, he/she is not coming back to earth. The person will not reincarnate back on earth or anywhere-- Because, this person has learned all the lessons in life and fulfilled his/her mission in life (whatever that is). Just to let you know, yes, life is an illusion, but it's also a school, even Leo said it in his blog somewhere.

Two examples:

The Cloth Bag Monk and Buddha. Both were Bodhisattvas in their lives. They did help suffering ppl through teaching and other stuff. The difference between a person who is a just a Bodhisattva and a person who has reached full Buddhahood is the realization of no-self (that everything in life is you and temporary).

The Cloth Bag Monk

doyourthing.jpg

@Aakash Very good! Correct! I heard that too somewhere. I think maybe twice. You could also choose to reincarnate by free will and make tremendous sacrifice in that lifetime for others to help them finally realize.

39 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

The real You is not temporary.

Yes, correct. I was referring to living on earth and being embodied. 

@Key Elements thank you for your post, most definately an interesting subject

however, i think you've hit it on the head

give up the vow for the highest enlightened state and descend into hell

@Aakash Well, you know, it's just a state of mind and a phase that the Bodhisattva has to go through before she reaches the no-mind state in this life. It takes practice. It doesn't necessarily mean the person will actually go to, you know where. ¬¬ Probably not...especially if she's a Bodhisattva. 

@Key Elements I was just metaphorically speaking lol ; but hell was a good way to describe it after you know the truth still; would it be right to say that it's inviting love into your infinite void so per say which is why you have to pass through it anyway 

@Aakash When Ken Wilbur was describing it to her, he sounded like he was metaphorically speaking of an enlightenment. There is the nothingness phase, the everythingness phase, and the void phase. Instead of going through something, like the void, and thinking of it as a phase, the nothingness and you are already the same. Even the transformation is an illusion. It's good to know what is the transformation so you know where you came from, but you are already it.

In other words, you're always that Space = Nothingness, and things are transforming within that space. But, if you happen to catch hold of a temporary embodiment, it sucks. You rather be the space. Temporary things are meant to be released, let go of, detached.

@Key Elements I'd say that diagram was drawn by someone who is in the "learning" stage. Interestingly this prompted me to look up the term bodhisatva. It seems to mean someone who is able to attain nirvana but chooses not to out of compassion for the suffering of others. All this seems like utter nonesense to me. You are either aware of your enlightenment or you are not. There is no such thing as someone who is not enlightened.