TheGod

I was happier as a kid

249 posts in this topic

I was born in a relatively poor family in a small town (in Ukraine). As a kid I would spend a lot of time with my grandparents and their animals (cows, ducks, etc.) and I also didn't have money. Nevertheless, I was so much happier then now. Now I do have money and I can buy things for myself. I moved to a better country, but I don't feel as happy and free as I used to. 

I think the problem is all the identities that I've constructed. 

Why was I happier milking a cow in a small village rather than living in a developed city of Canada? 

Posted (edited)

Every foreigner I have ever talked to gets really upset when they come to Canada. They miss their community and I have heard many say they cried for a long time. There is no community in Canada. The perfect place to find God.

You come from countries where you are all one. Canada is melting pot and therefore have no identity. And most of the foreigners that come here kinda start hanging out with eachother.

Life for Canadian citizen is pretty much work go home work go home and no activities in the middle besides survival. And that crushes people.

Maybe the foreigners can bring some life to our Country.

In Canada it is winter 8 months of the year so we get used to being inside.

It will break you but I have heard that after awhile they start to like the peace

Alot of white countries  are going through identity crisis' right now. I am happy because if we can mix with hindu people here have a higher chance of awakening I think God is mixing us cause religion here is dying.

I want to see shiva temple on Canadian land.

Edited by Hojo

26 minutes ago, Hojo said:

Every foreigner I have ever talked to gets really upset when they come to Canada. They miss their community and I have heard many say they cried for a long time. There is no community in Canada. The perfect place to find God.

You come from countries where you are all one. Canada is melting pot and therefore have no identity. And most of the foreigners that come here kinda start hanging out with eachother.

Life for Canadian citizen is pretty much work go home work go home and no activities in the middle besides survival. And that crushes people.

Maybe the foreigners can bring some life to our Country.

In Canada it is winter 8 months of the year so we get used to being inside.

It will break you but I have heard that after awhile they start to like the peace

Alot of white countries  are going through identity crisis' right now. I am happy because if we can mix with hindu people here have a higher chance of awakening I think God is mixing us cause religion here is dying.

I want to see shiva temple on Canadian land.

The main thing that pisses me off is the weather. It's driving me nuts. 

I should probably move to Chile. 

On the other hand, psychedelics are very accessible in Canada 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, TheGod said:

Right.

It's because your imagination wasn't as caught up in your identity. You have less memories about yourself as a kid, because you didn't live as long and so you experienced "less time." Identity accumulates over time if you have an ego, because the ego exists in time.

It's like looking at a tree and thinking "I've seen thousands of trees in my lifetime" VS. "wow, a tree."

As a kid, you didn't have as many ideas about "how the world is." It was basically endless exploration and learning, but now as an adult you "know everything."

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

United States is great. We have pretty much everything here that you need. We have warm and cold. It is the land of the free and home of the brave. I am grateful I am an American. But do you.

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

Ignorance is bliss.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

59 minutes ago, Osaid said:

Right.

It's because your imagination wasn't as caught up in your identity. You have less memories about yourself as a kid, because you didn't live as long and so you experienced "less time." Identity accumulates over time if you have an ego, because the ego exists in time.

It's like looking at a tree and thinking "I've seen thousands of trees in my lifetime" VS. "wow, a tree."

As a kid, you didn't have as many ideas about "how the world is." It was basically endless exploration and learning, but now as an adult you "know everything."

Yes, all of my identities are taking most of my time or even all of it. On the other hand I feel so attached to them and I don't feel like letting them go, I also understand that that's the only thing that prevents me from becoming what I really am. At some point of my life I would have to give up on all of my identities.

Life is indeed suffering. Even the idea of finding a life purpose is delusional. I'm God and I don't need a life purpose, the only purpose that I have is to be. 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, r0ckyreed said:

United States is great.

if you're not poor @r0ckyreed

Edited by Yali

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Ignorance is bliss.

I vividly remember this feeling of freedom that I had in childhood. I was of course dependent on my parents and their will, but I was free mentally. My biggest fear is to realise that all this time I've been constructing things designed to make me unhappy, thinking that I was pursuing joy. 

My grandparents were not well educated people and spend their entire life planting vegetables and growing cows. I used to think they were having a miserable life, but what if my life is way more miserable. 

36 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Ignorance is bliss.

I'd say of this minute, nothing is closer to the truth

Simple. Ego was constructed. Before ego you were not even alive as an 'I'. So there was only Consciousness = Joy = Freedom.

Now the work is getting back to that state while maintaining an intelligence of an adult.

5 hours ago, Osaid said:

Do you still use your imagination? 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

4 hours ago, TheGod said:

My biggest fear is to realise that all this time I've been constructing things designed to make me unhappy, thinking that I was pursuing joy. 

You are joy itself ^_^

and fear :$

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

17 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

No

7 hours ago, TheGod said:

I was born in a relatively poor family in a small town (in Ukraine). As a kid I would spend a lot of time with my grandparents and their animals (cows, ducks, etc.) and I also didn't have money. Nevertheless, I was so much happier then now. Now I do have money and I can buy things for myself. I moved to a better country, but I don't feel as happy and free as I used to. 

Why was I happier milking a cow in a small village rather than living in a developed city of Canada? 

Because of the heart. When heart works life becomes heaven, when it stops it becomes hell. And materials can not give you happiness. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

@TheGod Yes Your identity was not a concretized as it is now, it was looser as a child, as well in most all societies nowadays we are identified with the Mind way too much, mind in simple terms is past/memory and future/imagination orientated but those things do not really exist, only Now exists and Life is always Now rooted.. So that is the main reason why ppl as they grow older are  not as naturally happy as they were when a child...

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

It is normal, children are happy by default, unless you seriously mistreat them or isolate them, they live in the pure present and are happy, the same as a chimpanzee or a sardine, but the human mind has other plans that are not just running through the jungle and fucking, it wants to build a collective entity that functions as a single being so he can make things like nuclear reactors and such. To do this, all the pieces must fit into the machinery, so after a happy childhood, the vacations are over and military service begins.

To make the individual do what he has to do, the pressure mechanisms must be impossible to ignore. The tide is irresistible and at one point you will be a slave to the matrix, without freedom, full of insecurities and quite bitter. What they call enlightenment is to go through this necessary stage and return to the pure state of the child, integrating the psyche of the adult educated and subjected to the matrix, but respecting the matrix, serving it consciously. This is not mysticism, it is enlightenment.

Before enlightenment mysticism is possible but it is confusing and problematic. After enlightenment is when mysticism can deepen, or not. There are enlightened ones that are not mystical, and others that are. mysticism is the opening to the living essence of reality.

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, Yimpa said:

Yes, my imagination is actually much more rich and fantastical now because I don't constrain it with my identity. I don't assume things about it and how it relates to me. I just don't practically use it to imagine myself anymore. I think this ability to imagine without constraint is what makes you "feel like a kid again." It's exactly like that Spongebob episode with the box lol.

Previously, imagination is mostly seen as a tool for survival, but right now it's like this magical ethereal thing that just generates perceptions out of nothing. It's like playing a video game in my head. I still use it for survival, but I don't use it to make existential assumptions. When you use imagination to make existential assumptions, it shrinks and limits reality, and it also shrinks your ability to imagine things, because your imagination itself is part of existential reality too.

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

3 hours ago, Osaid said:

Yes, my imagination is actually much more rich and fantastical now because I don't constrain it with my identity. I don't assume things about it and how it relates to me. I just don't practically use it to imagine myself anymore. I think this ability to imagine without constraint is what makes you "feel like a kid again." It's exactly like that Spongebob episode with the box lol.

Previously, imagination is mostly seen as a tool for survival, but right now it's like this magical ethereal thing that just generates perceptions out of nothing. It's like playing a video game in my head. I still use it for survival, but I don't use it to make existential assumptions. When you use imagination to make existential assumptions, it shrinks and limits reality, and it also shrinks your ability to imagine things, because your imagination itself is part of existential reality too.

Agree entirely

4 hours ago, Osaid said:

How did you reach this state of consciousness? is it consistent?