Husseinisdoingfine

Alexei Navalny has died

92 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

We know very well, since he couldn't even keep himself alive without power. The forces that killed him would be 50x stronger if he actually had power in Russia.

The problem with Navalny is that he would never compromise with the corruption, which is necessary in a system as corrupt as Russia. You can't be squeaky clean inside such a system. Navalny was too clean.

This is the problem with idealism. Your political ideas have to fit with the era and situation on the ground. Not how you hope things should be. Russia is a backwards place that is 50-100 years behind the West in development. Navalny was not sensitive enough to this reality. Putin is sensitive to that, which is why he's still alive and in charge. Putin understands how Russia actually is, not Western liberal fantasies. Western liberal fantasies will get you killed in a place like Russia. And that is not Russia's fault, that is your fault for playing with a hungry bear.

then how does a guy with such high integrity like snowden survive in russia?

is it that he just stays out of people's business there - the russian govt, and just sticks to his online talks?

Former Tik Tok influencer starts a Life Mastery University.

2 hours ago, Jayson G said:

Didn’t Snowden act like a spy? Maybe that’s why he is respected by Putin. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

15 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

He was too idealistic to actually govern the oligarchs and insane corruption of Russia.

What was supposed to happen? He walks into office and the entire corrupt system -- the courts, the billionaires, the military, the KGB, the mafia, the police -- just clean themselves up and play nice? No way. They plot to kill him.

Agreed. It was pretty dumb from Navalny to move to Russia, when he could have strategically made more of an impact if he simply didn't walk straight into them. He could have operated from outside, possibly bringing more international attention to the corruption within Russia.

Afterall what do you expect from a society that was plagued by the worst ideology ever made by humans. Communism. They are suffering because of all the bullshit they have bought on themselves. 

You don't know the psychopathic manipulations that communists can pull off unless you have seen them directly or atleast hear it from someone who experienced it.

Communism is degrading to the human soul. Which is why Russia/China simply cannot move on. Despite being a decently powerful & relatively big economy. They will crumble and they should. 

I don't understand how he died? Does anybody know exactly the cause?

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,

6 hours ago, Jayson G said:

Snowden is a nobody in Russia. He lives a simple life.

53 minutes ago, VictorB02 said:

We will never know the exact cause.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

15 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

What most Russian's need is help meeting basic survival needs. Not Tier 2 fancy stuff.

Putin is maintaining that need and scarcity in people. If this is the winning strategy at this tier, how the fuck does any development beyond that ever happen?

Apply consciousness to the burned area

4 minutes ago, Azote said:

Putin is maintaining that need and scarcity in people. If this is the winning strategy at this tier, how the fuck does any development beyond that ever happen?

If you compare Russia today to 1991, a lot of growth has happened.

1 hour ago, VictorB02 said:

Russian officials say that he collapsed while walking outdoors, but didn't say the exact cause of death. 
We'll never know for sure.    

Subhuman living conditions in a Russian shithole. What else is needed? It was only a matter of time. 

Russia has improved quite a lot in terms of infrastructure, that's for sure

But consciousness wise it is still super behind

On 2/17/2024 at 8:40 PM, Yimpa said:

@Applegarden8 The overall theme is that whenever you challenge any system, expect shit to go down one way or another. With great power comes great responsibility. 

On 2/18/2024 at 0:27 AM, Leo Gura said:

We will never know the exact cause.

On 2/18/2024 at 0:57 AM, erik8lrl said:

Russian officials say that he collapsed while walking outdoors, but didn't say the exact cause of death. 
We'll never know for sure.    

Damn.

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,

Can someone please explain to me why is this on all news and such a big deal?

I thought it was long time established fact that Putin kills journalists and political opponents.

He has done it many times before.

Was this guy super important or special or something?

Or is just that media hates Putin so all he does get 10x the attention.

I remember when Kim Jong Un purged like half his staff and it was barely on the news.

It is not like Putin is not a dictator himself.

I am just asking here by the way.

Edited by Karmadhi

@Karmadhi he was the last one with enough political weight to represent an alternative to putin

Apply consciousness to the burned area

2 hours ago, Azote said:

he was the last one with enough political weight to represent an alternative to putin

Russians love Putin so he is not going away anytime soon as much as the West wishes to see that.

The world should get used to having multipolarity instead of 1 party dominating everything.

I do not like Putin methods but to me he seems quite competent and patriotic so perhaps he is the best Russia has to offer at the moment.

His successor hopefully will be more democratic and less harsh.

4 hours ago, Karmadhi said:

The world should get used to having multipolarity instead of 1 party dominating everything.

Ironically, there is no multipolarity allowed inside Russia. Only the Putin pole. Hence the bullshit of Duginism.

Edited by Leo Gura

On 21/02/2024 at 4:33 AM, Leo Gura said:

ronically, there is no multipolarity allowed inside Russia. Only the Putin pole. Hence the bullshit of Duginism.

I meant in the world, not in Russia.

The point is I think that the West and especially USA should not dictate alone the rest what to do.

If a country does not want an American base on their territory they have other places to run to to get protection or economic alliances.

For example currently Russia and China are supporting Palestine while USA is supporting Israel s genocide in Gaza.

So in this case a multipolar world could have put more pressure on Israel.

Then when Russia or China do their own devilry, USA can put pressure on them like they do for Ukraine.

I dont know if this system would work but this is what I had in mind.

Monopolies are always bad I think.

What happens internally is up for the countries to decide. Russians and Chinese tend to like their dictatorship governments and historically they have never been democracies. Being huge countries in territory in Russia s case of in population in China s case dont help. So if the people are happy and their leaders have immense support then so be it. We have seen countless times overthrowing dictators by international intervation does not work and just leads to anarchy, civil war and chaos.  They should be overthrown by their people for true democracy to emerge. Until that happens this is what we get.

Edited by Karmadhi

The problem is that corrupt actors want to call democracy and human rights an oppressive monopoly.

It's the worst kind of gaslighting.

Putin is the one running a monopoly.

Edited by Leo Gura

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The problem is that corrupt actors want to call democracy and human rights an oppressive monopoly.

It's the worst kind of gaslighting.

Thing is you have 1 democratic superpower which is the USA. Thats it. The EU tends to follow USA for the most part so I cannot call them an independent actor with a different agenda. I know because I live in the EU. For example, the country I reside has openly called out Israel atrocities (but they are too small and weak to matter) yet EU as a whole still supports it financially. And the EU is too divided to have a universal foreign policy and rules. So when it comes to democracies they still fall on the USA monopoly. Can you name me some powerful democracy that has openly went against USA in the past that has also a strong capabe army?

Most huge economies  with big armies are not democratic if you exclude the US. 

I would have loved if countries like Germany or the UK had superpower status and created a multipolar world but they tend to be USA lap dogs for the most part.

Hence, countries like China or Russia have to fill up the multipolar role.

The question that I would like to bring up here is: Will 1 democratic monopoly dominating the world (USA) will lead to less or more devilry than a multipolar world where the other actors are not democracies (China Russia). 

Edited by Karmadhi