SQAAD

Why Companies Pay You The Least Amount of Money Possible?

14 posts in this topic

Many times.. i experience feelings of hatred towards corporations, business owners & etc. Because i see that they have excessive amounts of money (i know this is relative) BUT they are still super greedy and super selfish..

I don't understand why they pay their workers/employees the least amount of money possible. It would seem wiser to me that they paid you enough money so that you can feel more content.

I know this is a tricky subject that i do not fully understand. Could someone please explain why these corporations seems so selfish and so despicable at times?

I believe one reason is because most of these business owners have grown up into extreme privilege and have not experienced the pain of poverty.

Below is a recent greek news video. Today a former employee of a big shipping company entered the corporation building and killed wealthy bosses and 1 emlpoyee before taking his own life..

The perpetrator was a 70 year old immigrant man.. And these greedy bosses even took away a house that they had given him. Mind you these bosses owned ships & etc, so they were incredibly wealthy...

This a great exampe of too much selfishness backifiring..

Edited by SQAAD

It's capitalist group-think. The managers of these corps are all brainwashed to maximize profits. That's the culture they swim in.

Also, don't forget that some companies actually struggle to stay profitable. So it may be necessary in some cases.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Because of competition. If you are paying high wages for your employees, it means you have less money to pay for marketing and such. Investors want to be paid too.

Edited by StarStruck

41 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

Below is a recent greek news video. Today a former employee of a big shipping company entered the corporation building and killed wealthy bosses and 1 emlpoyee before taking his own life..

The perpetrator was a 70 year old immigrant man.. And these greedy bosses even took away a house that they had given him. Mind you these bosses owned ships & etc, so they were incredibly wealthy...

I'm surprised we haven't been seeing more of this type of escalation. Probably because your Jeff Bezos type of billionaire doesn't spent much time around the average Amazon worker, working in a warehouse. Your immediate boss is usually just a sock puppet for someone even higher up, so I suppose that is why workers haven't been retaliating against their boss.

But we will definitely begin to see more of this in the future. AI will could cost a lot of jobs, which might make a lot of people angry. The current mental health crisis we're facing won't make any of this better either.

beep boop

On 2/12/2024 at 7:40 AM, Leo Gura said:

It's capitalist group-think. The managers of these corps are all brainwashed to maximize profits. That's the culture they swim in.

Also, don't forget that some companies actually struggle to stay profitable. So it may be necessary in some cases.

Survival is going on in both cases, nice.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

On 2/12/2024 at 7:49 AM, StarStruck said:

Because of competition. If you are paying high wages for your employees, it means you have less money to pay for marketing and such. Investors want to be paid too.

Yeah, dog-eat-dog world. Do you see yourself being out of this situation in the near future? I do want to get out it, but I realize I need to work on my base survival needs first. I’m currently working on maturing my relationships and money.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Read Marx.

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

14 hours ago, Yimpa said:

Survival is going on in both cases, nice.

In this case non of the people involved had survived. Ironic

another problem is this :

Privatizing profits and socializing losses refers to the practice of treating company earnings as the rightful property of shareholders and company losses as a responsibility that society must shoulder. In other words, the profitability of corporations is strictly for the benefit of their shareholders.

They pay how much they value your work.

A boss is not your friend who helps you out when you are in need for help. Just as much as you wouldn’t help him if he wouldn’t pay you.

Also imagine you’d be paid 100.000 per month. Would you still be working there after a few month?

Or would you start going on a long vacation, building your own business etc.

If you are not happy with your job guess what. It’s your responsibility to change something.

Because they can.

Most jobs don’t require happy and thriving human beings to get done. 

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

On 12/02/2024 at 1:09 PM, SQAAD said:

Many times.. i experience feelings of hatred towards corporations, business owners & etc. Because i see that they have excessive amounts of money (i know this is relative) BUT they are still super greedy and super selfish..

I don't understand why they pay their workers/employees the least amount of money possible. It would seem wiser to me that they paid you enough money so that you can feel more content.

I know this is a tricky subject that i do not fully understand. Could someone please explain why these corporations seems so selfish and so despicable at times?

I believe one reason is because most of these business owners have grown up into extreme privilege and have not experienced the pain of poverty.

Businesses exist to maximise revenues and profit. It's always been that way. 

If anything, things like trade unions, labour laws, etc. became established.

Merchants always wanted as much money as possible. However, once joint stock companies were established, this basic desire for money intensified. 

It's always been this way. 

Edited by bebotalk