Spiritual Warrior

Gordon Ramsey would rather distract himself than contemplate on the idea of death

23 posts in this topic

Starting at 26:35, the host asks Gordon an interesting question, "do you ever meditate on the idea of death?" 

Gordon says that hes too busy and that the host has too much time on his hands to be thinking about such things

Welcome to planet Earth, where we distract ourselves from life's most profound questions

Edited by Spiritual Warrior

His description of diving is pretty nice though. Sounds like mindfulness.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Replace "Gordon Ramsey" with "all of humanity".

Edited by UnbornTao

Even being a famous chef doesn't detract from normalcy. I don't think many people think about death that much. Why should they? 

51 minutes ago, bebotalk said:

I don't think many people think about death that much. Why should they? 

You're right, most people don't. 

I just think that society distracts us from these deeper questions. I am trying to exit this group think mentality and think about these things for myself. 

Of course everyone is free to do what they want with their lives, distract yourself with everything you can get your hands on, I know I do. 

But I'm trying to transition away from this and I think some of the beautiful people in this forum will resonate with this. 

What else would you expect from a egomaniac?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

45 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

What else would you expect from a egomaniac?

You're right.. a human with an inflated ego couldn't be open enough to the idea of death 

Edited by Spiritual Warrior

I think ppl should be aware of their mortality, that one day this body and this lifestyle, family/friends, homes and such will all be gone for You, that way if one really realizes this they won't waste time doing stupid things (scrolling all day on phone looking at nothing), so its a part of the awakening process to know this, and a step in the right direction...

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Its distraction out of fear not being too busy. People become busy to run from the fear of death its done on purpose just unconsciously. If he was conscious of non existence he couldn't do anything else until he figured it out. And if he did his kitchens would be alot quieter.

Edited by Hojo

12 hours ago, Spiritual Warrior said:

You're right.. a human with an inflated ego couldn't be open enough to the idea of death 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Damn.. He actually looks old now

- Enter your fear and you are free -

2 minutes ago, QandC said:

Damn.. He actually looks old now

So does Simon Cowell

CmDQd3p.jpg

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

2 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

So does Simon Cowell

CmDQd3p.jpg

There's a difference between looking old and looking like a complete dipshit

- Enter your fear and you are free -

1 minute ago, QandC said:

There's a difference between looking old and looking like a complete dipshit

Nah, that’s just called karma :P

9 hours ago, Yimpa said:

That was actually really sweet 

@bebotalk that's the only thing worth it.

Once you realize fully not only your death but the death of everything including your thoughts, desire, friends, family, lovers, that's when you're truly free to dance.

Still conditioning will take time to disappear.

When you're dead there is no legacy this is religious non sense.

nowhere in the bio  @VahnAeris 

2 hours ago, AerisVahnEphelia said:

When you're dead there is no legacy this is religious non sense.

Meh. My dad is into that sorta thing. Even though I know it’s completely illusory, I’m still proud of him and even want him to continue dreaming up his legacy.

I mean that's quite logical if you think about it. 

The majority of people nowadays are completely wrapped up in survival (in every sense), so why should they contemplate the very thing they're avoiding at all costs?

1 hour ago, Yimpa said:

Meh. My dad is into that sorta thing. Even though I know it’s completely illusory, I’m still proud of him and even want him to continue dreaming up his legacy.

Mine too apparently.
but it might be evil to steal the food of an hungry men.

nowhere in the bio  @VahnAeris 

8 hours ago, nistake said:

The majority of people nowadays are completely wrapped up in survival (in every sense), so why should they contemplate the very thing they're avoiding at all costs?

Agreed, but that is in essence what spirituality is... The moving away from merely survival and into another realm.. a realm in which Absolute Truth can be seen by mortal eyes