KoryKat

What's your opinion on Actualized.org (Reddit Nonduality thread)

36 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, KoryKat said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nonduality/comments/19bdyiz/whats_your_opinion_on_actualizedorg/

Just sharing this , my username is Professional_Ad , I said good things about your work Leo.  I am not the thread OP

I saw @gettoeflon there. Hey gettoefl. Showing some love. Mixed comments but none were bad. 

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

Spot on assessment from TimeIsMe:

Doesn't that community espouse lots of egoic interpretations of reality and call it nonduality?

For example: this is not a mystery; reality can be known, understood, and explained by the mind; reality can be explained philosophically; there is a dreamer of the dream and it's ME; this is MY personal dream; I am at the center of experience; I am God; etc etc? 

It seems like it takes the "spontaneous subject-less happening" pointed to in nondual teachings and turns it into "my intentional subjective egoic solipsistic dream." This is actually a well-understood station on the path for many that a bit more insight can resolve, but somehow that level of insight seems to not exist in that community?

Legit question based on what I've seen. Perhaps someone more familiar could clarify.

I know there are people who think that Leo has somehow reached a more advanced or transcendent level of enlightenment through psychedelic use, but no such thing really exists, it is just an intellectual trap. He has still not realized what "God" or "enlightenment" or "no self" is, however, he has traversed exotic states of consciousness which he conflates with God or truth. That is basically all you will get with psychedelics. His entire view of reality conflicts with basic non-duality, but he probably doesn't even believe non-duality to be the case anymore.

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

12 hours ago, Osaid said:

Hah, you beat me to it... I was just going to quote the exact same comment and give it the exact same evaluation. :D

Yeah, it is indeed spot on. Couldn't have said it better myself. 💯

Why so serious?

@KoryKat

15 hours ago, KoryKat said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nonduality/comments/19bdyiz/whats_your_opinion_on_actualizedorg/

Just sharing this , my username is Professional_Ad , I said good things about your work Leo.  I am not the thread OP

The real isn't the Non-duality or spiritual teaching, the real issue is that this is @Leo Gura's website, and owner. As owner he has rights to private space of his own, his rules, and the same for Reddit, the business owners and that thread. We just have a difference in teaching methods here, not about the spirituality or non-duality, but a complaint in teaching and communication.

14 hours ago, Osaid said:

I know there are people who think that Leo has somehow reached a more advanced or transcendent level of enlightenment through psychedelic use, but no such thing really exists, it is just an intellectual trap. He has still not realized what "God" or "enlightenment" or "no self" is, however, he has traversed exotic states of consciousness which he conflates with God or truth. That is basically all you will get with psychedelics. His entire view of reality conflicts with basic non-duality, but he probably doesn't even believe non-duality to be the case anymore.

How do you guys make claims like this, surely this is some kind of Buddhist/traditionalist dogma. 

I have no idea whether or not Leo has reached the levels of consciousness he has claimed to, let alone which one is Enlightenment or God, but his trip reports are pretty exotic indeed, and some more significant to him than others. 

Is your claim that “basic non duality” is the one chief teaching? 

Classic Buddhist bullshit. Why are Buddhists so obsessed about no-self? Didn't the Upishands teach The Self/God/Dreamer/Infinity?

They are so obsessed about the teachings of the Buddah, that they ignored that teachings if hundreds of Hindu, Muslim, Christian spiritual teachers.

microsoft_edge_screenshot_Jan 21, 2024 9_13_17 PM GMT+03_00.png.jpg

Screenshot_20240121_211336.jpg

Edited by LSD-Rumi

Nonduality is for chumps.

;)

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

20 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

I saw @gettoeflon there. Hey gettoefl. Showing some love. Mixed comments but none were bad. 

you're the quality i was alluding to ♥

29 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

you're the quality i was alluding to ♥

Get out! Lol...you're too sweet.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Nonduality is for chumps.

;)

But not for chimps right?

7 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Hah, you beat me to it... I was just going to quote the exact same comment and give it the exact same evaluation. :D

Yeah, it is indeed spot on. Couldn't have said it better myself. 💯

More bangers:

People can develop all sorts of philosophies and that doesn’t mean they are talking about nonduality nor does it indicate nondual liberation.

Identity is always duality, always separates. No identity is needed for nonduality. Maintaining a separate identity is not truth. Ego — me, my, mine — is not truth in the context of nonduality. Identity is illusory, it is appearance only. Many people teach duality and call it nonduality.

Please do not take my word for this or Leo’s word for it. This can be investigated and noticed right now.

Identity is never the whole, identity is always a thought. Always division, always separation. Nondual awakening is seeing this clearly, and the subsequent collapse of identity.

This resource he recommended is very good:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nonduality/comments/17eoz51/when_we_really_feel_what_this_feels_like_that/

I want to add my own two cents to this, which is just to say that enlightenment is subtractive in nature, which is what it means to have no identity. You realize that it is impossible to have an identity, and your experience gets recontextualized in this way. It is not something you have to reason to yourself, it is something you become aware of. It is simply just realizing that you cannot think about yourself. This is a shift that can permanently and experientially happen, it is not some kind of knowledge you gain, it is a removal of false identification with knowledge. 

It also doesn't have to be scary at all, and it actually wasn't for me personally. That is just how the mind imagines it. The mind is unstable and shaky, not what is on the other side. Your beliefs about yourself are shaky and unstable, not the lack of it. It is a very simple experiential shift that happens. Any fear or emotions prior to it can come in an infinite variety, and it can be peaceful, scary, or even joyful.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

7 hours ago, Mada_ said:

It's not a teaching. You can literally become aware of exactly what your experience is, permanently. It is awareness of what your experience is, just like being aware of sound or sight or taste. There is an objective experiential shift that can happen where you become aware of this. It is not a teaching or a claim or an insight or anything intellectual. I am telling you that I became aware of something in my experience, and that this is the exact same awareness that non-duality, Buddhism, and all the other enlightened teachers before me have been pointing to. They are all pointing to the same thing, and they have been for centuries. Leo has not become aware of what they have been pointing to and he has tricked himself into thinking that he has somehow transcended it or found something more true through psychedelics. There is not a single enlightened person out there who agrees with Leo, and there is a very good reason for that.

8 hours ago, Mada_ said:

How do you guys make claims like this, surely this is some kind of Buddhist/traditionalist dogma.

I have no idea whether or not Leo has reached the levels of consciousness he has claimed to, let alone which one is Enlightenment or God, but his trip reports are pretty exotic indeed, and some more significant to him than others.

I also want to make it clear that Leo is literally teaching you guys that experience is dualistic. Like he straight up does not believe experience is non-dual. I am not being semantic about this. He has abandoned basic non-duality, that is what my point is. He is literally teaching dualisms, and always has been, because he is not enlightened. I am trying to point out that he has literally abandoned the fundamental idea that your experience is "one, not two."

Edited by Osaid

I finished an enlightenment workshop today.. it’s truly astounding how in the 3.5 hours, the terms nonduality and duality were mentioned precisely 0 times. 

Enlightenment was also never mentioned, only in the description.

I demand a refund! :D

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

You're exchanging opinions and beliefs, which is fine.

@Osaid enlightenment ain't an experience.

Edited by UnbornTao

12 hours ago, UnbornTao said:

enlightenment ain't an experience.

Everything that exists is experience by definition, so how can something which is permanent like enlightenment fit into something transient like experience? Very simply, it is a subtraction. It is a lack of false identity. A lack of something can exist in all experiences.

If you're not seeing the color red, is "not seeing red" an experience? If you are not seeing a false identity, is that an experience or a state? Is it an experience to not experience something?

Is the lack of something, an experience?

Edited by Osaid

3 hours ago, Osaid said:

If you're not seeing the color red, is "not seeing red" an experience?

Hey Trump.

Just now, Squeekytoy said:

Smart girl. 

For a smart guy. Shhh