Scholar

LSD causing lack of motivation

33 posts in this topic

Considering LSD is highly dopaminergic, it is no surprise that it causes lack of motivation in me after tripping.

Though, it is pretty annoying, and other than dopamine detoxing, I am not sure what to do to speed up the recovery process. I seem to have a very atypical brain (so do some of my family members, who can take 300mcg LSD and basically feel no effect), so I am not sure whether or not I want to continue to use LSD as I am concerned for potential long term damage.

Does anyone here have some good methods to overcome the anhedonia, other than the obvious stuff like exercise and so forth?

Glory to Israel

How long does that last for you? If I only take LSD I'm pretty much back back to baseline after 2-3 days (including my energy levels).

What about shrooms?

The Secret of this Universe is You.

my music

LSD causes no harm and can actually reverse neurological damage.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

I cannot relate to that

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

6 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

I cannot relate to that

150ug and I don't notice anything.
300ug and I'm drier the next day and maybe again the next day.
I once dropped 750ug for the experiment and literally felt dumber for several days (not "brain fog" really poorer "fundamental" cognitive skills)

@Schizophonia I'm pretty sensitive to changes to my body. There's no psychoactive substance I don't feel the day after. I'm not talking about a classical hang-over, but subtle decrease in energy-level and motivation. Which makes sense cause all substances must be processed by the body and that takes actually a lot of energy.

The Secret of this Universe is You.

my music

I just don't get it. Even when I took 20mcg LSD for the first time I felt the changes in perception and cognition for weeks, if not permanently.

Glory to Israel

Maybe the LSD is telling you to chill, that you don’t need to continue chasing pleasure anymore. Can you be at peace doing nothing and not needing to be productive all the time?

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

1 minute ago, Yimpa said:

Maybe the LSD is telling you to chill, that you don’t need to continue chasing pleasure anymore. Can you be at peace doing nothing and not needing to be productive all the time?

I don't think LSD is telling me anything, it's just a chemical.

Glory to Israel

@Schizophonia jeez, I’ve not taken that much 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Taking psychedelics chronically will slowly derail your regular life. Yes, it causes demotivation because mundane life is irrelevant in the face of metaphysical consciousness.

If you want your motivation back stop taking psychedelics for a year and just work on your life. Motivation requires building up momentum by working every day for months and years.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

You can work on building a meaningful relationship with your partner.

You can realize that the only partner is You.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

7 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

I once dropped 750ug for the experiment and literally felt dumber for several days (not "brain fog" really poorer "fundamental" cognitive skills)

what was the trip like? I cant fathom taking a dose that high, even just 300 blows my head off.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Taking psychedelics chronically will slowly derail your regular life. Yes, it causes demotivation because mundane life is irrelevant in the face of metaphysical consciousness.

If you want your motivation back stop taking psychedelics for a year and just work on your life. Motivation requires building up momentum by working every day for months and years.

I've so far tripped 2 times, 4 months ago and a week ago. And the one a week ago was 40mcg, so not a high dose.

It didn't really reach metaphysical consciousness.

Glory to Israel

2 hours ago, Francis777 said:

what was the trip like? I cant fathom taking a dose that high, even just 300 blows my head off.

I felt bad because of the body load, so I went to bed but I had a sort of blackout and found myself going downhill early, like an hour or two later.

5 hours ago, vibv said:

@Schizophonia I'm pretty sensitive to changes to my body. There's no psychoactive substance I don't feel the day after. I'm not talking about a classical hang-over, but subtle decrease in energy-level and motivation. Which makes sense cause all substances must be processed by the body and that takes actually a lot of energy.

Lysergamines are more difficult to manage both during the trip and the days after, because they agonize the glutamate/catecholamine receptors.

No problem with 4 HO MET or even 5 MeO MIPT, I was supposed to try psylocibin yesterday but I postponed it until a few days later for a heroic dose (30g of valhalla truffles).
It should also be going well on that side.

18 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

I felt bad because of the body load, so I went to bed but I had a sort of blackout and found myself going downhill early, like an hour or two later.

ah, yeah i've read of lots of people just having memory whiteouts when they take massive doses.

5g of magic truffels actually caused me the same symptoms. Felt almost identical to a small dose of LSD.

Pretty annoying, it seems like serotogenic psychedelics are just causing my brain to get out of balance in some way that takes longer to recover from.

Glory to Israel