Scholar

LSD causing lack of motivation

33 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Scholar said:

5g of magic truffels actually caused me the same symptoms. Felt almost identical to a small dose of LSD.

Pretty annoying, it seems like serotogenic psychedelics are just causing my brain to get out of balance in some way that takes longer to recover from.

There might be some overlap with this (which Leo touched on):

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

11 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

There might be some overlap with this (which Leo touched on):

I didn't get any awakening, it's basically a microdose.

And it's definitely something to do with brain chemistry, because it kills my libido as well, completely.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

https://www.reddit.com/r/LSD/comments/5ad8f5/no_empathy_feel_less_human_after_bad_trip/

Did some research and I found quite a few of these and similar accounts. There is this delusional idea going around as if LSD and psychedelics could not possibly be harmful to users, and that any negative effect is all psychological.

People have different brains, and chemicals can have different effects on them. Not everything is some sort of psychological or spiritual phenomena.

Sometimes it's just brain chemistry.

Glory to Israel

9 hours ago, Scholar said:

I didn't get any awakening, it's basically a microdose.

Micro-awakening. Psychedelics put you in the same ballpark as spiritual awakening.

9 hours ago, Scholar said:

And it's definitely something to do with brain chemistry, because it kills my libido as well, completely.

Everything has to do with brain chemistry (in this discussion at least 😆). It could be residual 5-HT2A agonism causing you to feel drained (it feeds into the stress response, although it has complex effects). Or you might have traumatic baggage coming to the surface (not uncommon when you're new to it). I didn't have these problems when I used to microdose as far as I can remember, although I was already pretty unmotivated for some things, but less others (hence the post I referenced about awakening). But yeah, brain chemistry affects behavior, and behavior affects brain chemistry.

Edited by Carl-Richard

2 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Micro-awakening. Psychedelics put you in the same ballpark as spiritual awakening.

Everything has to do with brain chemistry (in this discussion at least 😆). It could be residual 5-HT2A agonism causing you to feel drained (it feeds into the stress response, although it has complex effects). Or you might have traumatic baggage coming to the surface (not uncommon when you're new to it). I didn't have these problems when I used to microdose as far as I can remember, although I was already pretty unmotivated for some things, but less others (hence the post I referenced about awakening). But yeah, brain chemistry affects behavior, and behavior affects brain chemistry.

I'm pretty sure it is related to the brain tingles I get when taking them. It just feels like it targets motivational centers, and the complete annihilation of libido that happens during the trip just continues on. It definitely feels purely like a chemical process happening in the upper part of my brain.

Glory to Israel

1 hour ago, Scholar said:

I'm pretty sure it is related to the brain tingles I get when taking them. It just feels like it targets motivational centers, and the complete annihilation of libido that happens during the trip just continues on. It definitely feels purely like a chemical process happening in the upper part of my brain.

You might benefit from looking into the pernicious dynamics of psychosomatic disorders, or more generally the two-way street between psychology and physiology (e.g. the placebo study that found that sham knee operations produced the same subjective and functional improvement as real operations, or the finding that anti-depressants are only 2% more effective than placebo pills).

(I highly recommend the video).

You seem to fall into the group that would be affected by that (just like me), already just based on the very detailed and oddly specific description you gave, but also based on a study I read which showed that higher education (basically Big 5 openness) and higher proneness to modern health worries (basically Big 5 neuroticism) increased self-certified sick leave and subjective health complaints (basically psychosomatic disorders). I'm saying we're both open and neurotic people 😂

Edited by Carl-Richard

17 hours ago, Scholar said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/LSD/comments/5ad8f5/no_empathy_feel_less_human_after_bad_trip/

Did some research and I found quite a few of these and similar accounts. There is this delusional idea going around as if LSD and psychedelics could not possibly be harmful to users, and that any negative effect is all psychological.

People have different brains, and chemicals can have different effects on them. Not everything is some sort of psychological or spiritual phenomena.

Oh man I read the reddit thread, these young people are not patient. One week is really nothing. I had hangover effects for over one week from some psychedelics.in this hangover week I also had these symptoms of being drained out, feeling empty and had headache.My cognitive function was also low.Most of it contributed to sleep deprivation from psychedelic combined with not drinking too much water and probably some energetic things from psychedelics.

It goes away. Just chill a bit

Edited by OBEler

18 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

LSD does the opposite with me lol, makes me very sexual/perverted and obsetional compulsive

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

On 1/20/2024 at 11:10 AM, Leo Gura said:

Taking psychedelics chronically will slowly derail your regular life. Yes, it causes demotivation because mundane life is irrelevant in the face of metaphysical consciousness.

If you want your motivation back stop taking psychedelics for a year and just work on your life. Motivation requires building up momentum by working every day for months and years.

This is probably the best advice for gaining back motivation. I recently stopped taking Ayahuasca + TCH as it was causing me to melt into pure consciousness and lose sight of reality. I would wake up in purity and see reality for what it is: until now, I realized how dangerous this was to human life and mere motivation. Psychedelics do not just give you trips, but change you deeply and metaphysically. This change can happen bit by bit without you even realizing it and you may even lose focus on recent or past projects, friendships, family, and relationships. 

On 1/20/2024 at 3:32 AM, Scholar said:

Considering LSD is highly dopaminergic, it is no surprise that it causes lack of motivation in me after tripping.

Though, it is pretty annoying, and other than dopamine detoxing, I am not sure what to do to speed up the recovery process. I seem to have a very atypical brain (so do some of my family members, who can take 300mcg LSD and basically feel no effect), so I am not sure whether or not I want to continue to use LSD as I am concerned for potential long term damage.

Does anyone here have some good methods to overcome the anhedonia, other than the obvious stuff like exercise and so forth?

Know that you will die soon. It will give you immerse motivation.

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

On 20/1/2024 at 11:32 AM, Scholar said:

Considering LSD is highly dopaminergic, it is no surprise that it causes lack of motivation in me after tripping.

Though, it is pretty annoying, and other than dopamine detoxing, I am not sure what to do to speed up the recovery process. I seem to have a very atypical brain (so do some of my family members, who can take 300mcg LSD and basically feel no effect), so I am not sure whether or not I want to continue to use LSD as I am concerned for potential long term damage.

Does anyone here have some good methods to overcome the anhedonia, other than the obvious stuff like exercise and so forth?

Ever tried Ritalin? Try it.

On 1/31/2024 at 6:28 PM, Scholar said:

Yeh I did a thread on it.

But obviously got received exactly as I thought it would.

Remember all those people saying weed doesn't have withdrawal.

All absolutely wrong. It can last up to 2 years and more. And the withdrawal can be life threatening. Definitely not as much as alcohol but gives you hellish symptoms.

Read the /r paws cannabis to see

Plus my own experience speak enough to me.

There is no such non sense as 'free extasy

At least not at this moment of existence and not via those hacks.

I suspect usually it might take 6 months after last dropping of psychedelics to get the 'comedown'

But could be before.

2 comedown usually. An acute and the one from completely going back to homeostasis once it clean it from all cells in your brain/body.

__

Symptoms are usually very different for everyone at least in frame. Time seems consistent.

Edited by AerisVahnEphelia

nowhere in the bio  @VahnAeris 

Put some videos of andrew tate, dan peña, scroll shopping and ways to make money, get in that mood, your masculine drive will never go away.  I can go for John Lennon Hippie Stage to Donald Trump in a single week.