Rishabh R

What makes a good life ?Share insights.

12 posts in this topic

Here are my insights through contemplation :

Alignment with immediately important things.

Why ?

Because it improves life

Why it improves life ?

Because it remove unnecessary distractions

Why?

Because it pulls the person in one direction

Living to Your Highest Potential, not being a part of the problem (suffering from depression, anxiety, anger, past experiences, etc) but a part of the Solution, creative energy, compassionate, internally at Peace or at Bliss, giving not extracting from anything, making the society a more Inclusive place to be...

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

know what your mind is doing

google, a course in miracles and study it

for a taster read, the disappearance of the universe

Balance your “why’s?” with “wows!”

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

What gives meaning is love

What gives direction is truth

What gives aliveness is consciouness

Lack of addictive and unhealthy behavior that you know it's bad for you when you do it.

Desire also plays a major role for the good or for the bad. Depending on the quality of your desires your life will unfold.

Also I like this quote from Zen Master Dogen: A man of few desires is a happy man

There are other ways to happiness but that quote is a painfully true when you get it, it connects with zen principles of simplicity and satisfaction.

Edited by Davino

Really understanding Leo self-deception videos. That will really set you up for a good life. I know because it’s happened to me :D

Anyone who says they’re enlightened on this form in anyway is not, except me I am. 

Just trust yourself. Forgive yourself.

Study study study, but then break away and build your own thing. 

Honor your uniqueness and don't get sullied down the wrong corridor by a persuasive fellow.

Have fun and laugh at life. Then get serious and drag your elbows thru the mud to create something beautiful.

Etc. You've got this-

Great Life synthesizes several domains of knowledge (Neurobiology, nutrition, philosophy, psychology, spirituality and self-development) with one goal in mind: Helping you to live the great life.

What is the Great Life?

The great life is:

1. Truthful
  2. Holistic
  3. Disciplined
  4. Conscious
  5. Actualized
  6. Purposeful
  7. Joyful
  8. Love abound
  9. Free
  10. Creative
  11. Selfless
  12. Balanced
  13. Rich in Knowledge
  14. Wise
  15. Healthy

The great life is a concept, an idea, waiting to be realized and fulfilled. A guiding principle, why I see it as Great, is because it entails 1- Wholism/Holistic, 2- Individualistic yet, the principles are shared, the methods many, the principles few  the methods varry.

My guiding tools: The simultaneous use of seemingly opposing skills

• Focus, and flow.
  • Seeking and letting go,
  • Learning and unlearning,
  • Effort and rest
  • Trust and skepticism
  • Love and fear
  • Desire and Resistance
  • Being and doing

You must be a seeker, seek knowledge, truth, wisdom, understanding, seek a better life a better future, seek seek seek! Seeking is prerequisite, if you did not seek, you wouldn’t be interested in any of this. Be hungry for these, yet also, learn to let go, of results, of always knowing everything. As Socrates said "All I know is that I know nothing." This quote illustrates the essence of what I am saying, Know (seek) that you do not know (let go). Great power comes from this, all great thinker display this ability, simultaneously balancing these forces, lack of balance leads to ignorance

Learning is essential to the great life, you must learn many things, skills, knowledge, reading, etc. You know this. However, you can also learn falsehood, maladaptive behavior, ideas of yourself and other which are neither true nor do they serve you. As is the case with most people So what is even more important is learning how to learn, in order to learn how to learn, one must first unlearn concepts, ideas, imprints of society, to be able to learn what is true, and what serves you. Learning something new usualy involves breaking an old paradigm, new knowledge replaces old. In and out. This is very important.

Trust in your potential, but also recognize where your errors lay. Trust in knowledge, but be skeptical of it, this is supposedly the essence of  the scientific method, science trust the method, but not what the method is examing, the true core of skeptisim and trust is to develop trust in yourself while also not trusting yourself fully. This creates opposing forces whoch dance oin harmony to reach to the truth.

Love and fear, when you love your work, you also fear, fear is a powerful motivator. Use it wisely, fear without love is destructive. I love my life, so I fear wasting it.

Being and doing, this is similar to rest and effort, do what is needed, but also learn to simply be, simple, powerful, easier said than done. No shortcuts.

In my life I have seen this happen, learning religion only to unlearn it, the process of unlearning reveals more truth and entails more "learning" in my opinion than learning. Because it shows you the mechanisms of the mind , the way which you believed, how it happened, why. It reveals your unconsciousness, by using your awareness. Powerful stuff, because it is deep. Learning the underlying mechanism is important to the great life because it shows you all the ways in which the great life may not be achieved. Two sides of the same coin, completing each other.

The great life must be system based.

Further answers from contemplation :

To be not discouraged by obstacles.

Few minutes before now I also realised that without action into a particular direction self help is useless