Kwoor

Allow everything to be as it is. What does that even mean to you?

15 posts in this topic

This is said by Adyashanti in an excerpt. He said that we cause ourselves suffering when we don't accept how things already are. How do you go about doing this then?

Limit your stories, ideas, interpretations, judgements and criticisms to what's arising. 

Deal with what is and not what you think should be. If something arises that you don't like, see it for what it is without judgement. 

If you lock your keys in the car, don't say I should have been more careful, what an idiot I am, just call the locksmith and move on. If you mess dinner up don't say what a fool I am for fucking up dinner. If you see a post that asks how do you allow everything to be as It is, just move on if you don't know the answer; but I'm still practicing.

One Love....

52 minutes ago, Kwoor said:

This is said by Adyashanti in an excerpt. He said that we cause ourselves suffering when we don't accept how things already are. How do you go about doing this then?

This is part of the buddhist wisdom about suffering. Through that lens, let's inquiry, what is suffering? Pain is inevitable but suffering is optional. Suffering is the resistence to the what is, to reality, to existence, to the here-now. The more you are at peace or in love with what is, the less resistence there is to life, the more love and bliss we fill.

This is the theory, let's ground it in practice. Right now ask yourself this question, what am I resisting to feel right now? Close your eyes, see and when you notice, directly feel that, and open it.

Nice, for example I noticed I'm resisting to feel hunger right now because I should have had breakfast some minutes ago but still wanted to be more in the forum, so I supressed hunger to keep being here. Now I feel that and will go to have breakfast after it.

What are you resisting or unconscious in your body right now? Close your eyes and look, open and release.

I notice that thoughts come in the way to fully feeling my body but as they come they dissappear. I feel that I'm contracting my stomach and perinneal region. Noticing actuamatically makes me relaxed and more in the body. I also feel some pain in my ribs from playing football which I am resisting. There is pain, (unavoidable) but I was resisting pain (avoidable), now that I'm conscious of this, I have pain but no resistence to pain, I allow everything to be as it is.

What are you avoiding in the space you are right now?

I'm resisting to clean but also I resist things being unclean. Which is absurd in itself, rather I clean or be happy even if it's unclean, oh we are starting to see through suffering!

Is there suffering without thoughts?                                 (Why are you waiting for my answer I could be deluded, see 4 yourself)

Mostly there isn't. Without the improper use of the egoic mind most of the suffering disappears. Still some suffering realities are not directly mediated by thought, like contractions in the body or just unconscious wiring that is present without expressive thought in the moment.

Is there suffering without the human I ?              (Let's link impermanence, no-self, emptiness and nirvana)

As one sees that nothing really lasts in the world, surrender to the now naturally emerges, allowing everything to be as it is. As one sees through the stupidity of suffering, clinging and unnatural attachements... all created by the egoic mind. Which assumes that there is a human, inside the body, somewhere, to whom pain, suffering and thoughts all occur to. There are thoughts but no thinker, the thinker is just another thought, there is pain and pleasure but they arrive at no one and arise from nowhere. As everything is impermanent you see that what you think you are is never graspable but an optic illusion that seems there, but upon closer inspection... Oh there is no human without resistence to the now! This makes you feel hollow  and empty, there is no substance to your human self, yet something is, however is cosntantly fluid. You come to realize that you are free from yourself, entering into a deep present open and peaceful state called nirvana. Characterised by desirelessness, which is heaven, because whatever happens to be here and now, there is no aversion and no clinging, no resistance and no acceptance, no resistance to resistance & no acceptance to acceptance, whatever is just is

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless you live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, you should know the requirements of your body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ...                       Lovingly discipline Life & Realize Absolute Infinity

59 minutes ago, Squeekytoy said:

That's "how things already are".

When you're finally sick of how things are, toss all the spiritual bumper stickers into the fire and Adyashanti along with it, and continue the actual journey.

@Squeekytoy Meet people where they are. We all see through buddhism (hopefully) but there is a natural unfoldment in Awakening. If you are in university you can explain anything from High School. Instead of bulshitting people where they find themselves in, you can raise them up from that level by shining light and expertise about how you actually awoke from it.

I see a huge communication issue in this forum that could just be easily cleared up by some awareness of where people are and some simple love to them. Treating them as you would like to be treated while being integrated to Truth.

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless you live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, you should know the requirements of your body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ...                       Lovingly discipline Life & Realize Absolute Infinity

Figure out what things are first. How can you accept something when you don't even know what it is? There is nothing to accept or deny. There is just what you are. Figure it out.

Describe a thought.

19 minutes ago, Squeekytoy said:

I'll meet them before they get hoodwinked by all the placating sugary spiritual snooze floating around.

I thought like you but later found out that approach to be less efficient than other methods, but I could have come to wrong conclusions. Let's agree to disagree.

Like this

singing-in-the-rain-rain.gif

nadine-lustre-nadine.gif

It means to become vulnerable, open and receptive. Like a flower that opens up its petals to receive the Rays of Sun. It means you become willing to feel everything that you feel all at once. It's something that you do with your heart not with the intellect.  

Also what princess sayed about not judging and resting in perfect forgiveness/acceptance is good. 

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

It means to surrender 

which is very hard to do for the ego and people with fear of losing control 

7 hours ago, Kwoor said:

This is said by Adyashanti in an excerpt

Are you reading " The end of your world"?

This is so funny, yesterday, I saw this book in the box in my closet, I took it out and reading it as well....

I agree with Purple Tree, this process of surrendering is very gradual, it wont happen over night, you will have to spend some time to be there.

There is no "I" that allows things to be as they are, things just happen. Try not to allow and see what will happen. 

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

Allowing everything to be as it is means embracing acceptance. It means releasing our tight grip on control, on the belief that we must orchestrate every moment of our existence. Instead, we acknowledge and honor what is unfolding naturally in our lives, even it doesn't align with our expectations or desires.

In practice, it implies recognizing the emotions, thoughts, and situations that arise, without trying to change them or judge them. It's about deeply listening, observing, and being in the present moment.

Admittedly, this will not always be easy. There are circumstances and feelings which may seem too overwhelming, too challenging to merely allow. Yet, by cultivating a practice of acceptance, we create space for healing, growth, and deeper understanding.

This principle also extends to our world at large. To allow everything to be as it is is to acknowledge the complexity and diversity intrinsic to life. It's to recognize that every individual has their unique path and perspective, allowing for a more compassionate and inclusive worldview.

By also embracing change.

I tried to catch some fog earlier. I mist.

On 12/21/2023 at 7:33 AM, Kwoor said:

How do you go about doing this then?

By learning to be more present and aware of what is actually happening around you, and less in your head. By seeing the good in everything that happens or turning it to your advantage. By being more calm and a bit more stoic when difficult stuff happens. By just getting on with things without complaint and allowing yourself to enjoy it. By being a bit more realistic and less idealistic. By allowing things to be imperfect or out of your control.

All stories and explanations are false.

On 12/21/2023 at 2:33 AM, Kwoor said:

There are two aspects to this, first is the concept that this moment is Inevitable, the way things are are the way it is meant to be, if this moment was not inevitable then it would be another way, you cannot do anything about this, the only thing is if you Accept your inner experience is less filled with stress and resistence and you open yourself up to newer more empowering possibilities in the future.  As well acceptence lessens our intellectual need to discern, judge and separate existence as we experience it, when we stop doing these things every second of the day, we feel more inclusive and connected to existence, nature, and what we really are within ourselves..

Edited by Ishanga

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru