Princess Arabia

Just This Forum Format Alone Reveals No(self)

25 posts in this topic

How can I be here and there at the same time, but still be here and there simultaneously. Look at the names bar. I'm staring at the screen and the first name there is mine, Princess Arabia. I'm sitting on my couch, and my computer is showing me my name on a computer screen. Where am I? On my couch or inside the computer. Obviously it feels like I'm on my couch. So how am I seeing my name on the computer in live time. If I log off, my name isn't there anymore, but I'm still on my couch. I didn't move but I have been removed from what? Where? Inside the computer.

I'm also seeing other user names that are logged on at the same time as me. There are discussions going on inside this computer I'm typing on right now, but I can't hear a word. I know there are discussions going on right now somewhere down the street that I can't hear, or is there. Are there really forum members interacting with each other as I'm typing this?

My room is very quiet and all i can hear is rain drizzling but you guys are still talking amongst each other, but i can't see or hear anything.  It's all happening inside this computer right now, or is it?

This is fucking amazing. How so much can seem to be happening inside this computer, when if I was to smash it to pieces, you guys will still be there. Or will you. Are you even there now. 

Not sure if this is proof of no-self or not but it reveals something extraordinary and shows me that I'm actually not actually here or there, but everywhere and nowhere all at once.

Edited by Princess Arabia

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

8 minutes ago, Squeekytoy said:

It's just me typing into a box until I hit post-vomit clarity and then it's just me again wondering wtf I'm doing xD

Rinse, repeat....

It's just me typing on a screen responding to words on a screen which you will read and interpret as someone over here somewhere, while it's just words you're reading.

Don't ask me to explain what I wrote here because it didn't even make sense to me. 

4 minutes ago, Squeekytoy said:

Made sense to me. 

I think anything I write would make sense to you. I was told I am a narcissist, so I'm just practising  my new found identity. It's kinda fun.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Good contemplation

This post lead me to have an insight about life. When we interact with people on a forum we are reading text creating a persona of them based on what we see of them. We interact but have very little idea about the person and anything we do we are making up purely on almost nothing. A couple sentences or paragraphs at more. Now when we are irl we interact with someone and its the exact same thing instead of text its an audio file. Everything they say is self interpreted by us with minimal data and we can never actually know the person cause they are not even there, They are outside of it looking in.

Edited by Hojo

You're mistaken. I'm not here when you're not looking. This post materializes when you look at the computer, there was no background process for it.

Well, the internet does not actually work like that. Your computer just connects to a server somewhere where the just the data of the messages has been saved. Conversations of users doesn´t actually happen on your computer

1 hour ago, Vibroverse said:

Here we go with another solipsistic flow. 

Wasn't my intention. Wasn't even thinking about Solipsism when I wrote it. I don't think about Solipsism. I'm just amazed how this communication is possible through this device that i'm currently on.

We are more enabled than ever, more comfort, more convenience, more tech at our feet, it is amazing what we have done in these sorts of ways, but we still have wars, suffering all over, conflicts happening small ones, big ones, where has it gotten us? The reality is, its not happening within this computer, its happening within You, the computer is just enhancing everything you already have access too, it hasn't given you anything really new, just more access. Like a microphone enhances someones voice, the voice was already there, so its the same here. If You feel low intensity of life within You, then this computer and internet seems great, its seems like freedom, more of everything, but that can wane over time or one can become dependent on it, but if life is felt intensely then this will seem just like another tool to use, that my grandparents never had access too, use then turn it off when not needed, if life is felt intensely:)

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

12 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Well, the internet does not actually work like that. Your computer just connects to a server somewhere where the just the data of the messages has been saved. Conversations of users doesn´t actually happen on your computer

I understand that it's not on the computer but it's just amazing how it works. 

10 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

We are more enabled than ever, more comfort, more convenience, more tech at our feet, it is amazing what we have done in these sorts of ways, but we still have wars, suffering all over, conflicts happening small ones, big ones, where has it gotten us? The reality is, its not happening within this computer, its happening within You, the computer is just enhancing everything you already have access too, it hasn't given you anything really new, just more access. Like a microphone enhances someones voice, the voice was already there, so its the same here. If You feel low intensity of life within You, then this computer and internet seems great, its seems like freedom, more of everything, but that can wane over time or one can become dependent on it, but if life is felt intensely then this will seem just like another tool to use, that my grandparents never had access too, use then turn it off when not needed, if life is felt intensely:)

This was not what my post was referring to. Nothing about the intensity of life and escaping. I'm just amazed at how communication through mediums is even possible.

4 hours ago, strangelooper said:

You're mistaken. I'm not here when you're not looking. This post materializes when you look at the computer, there was no background process for it.

Like the observer effect.

12 hours ago, Hojo said:

We interact but have very little idea about the person and anything we do we are making up purely on almost nothing. A couple sentences or paragraphs at more.

You make it up as you go.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

13 hours ago, Vibroverse said:

Here we go with another solipsistic flow. 

What's wrong with solipsism? Did solipsism hurt you? 

9 minutes ago, Parallax Mind said:

What's wrong with solipsism? Did solipsism hurt you? 

I guess because it's been discussed on this forum a zillion times.

@Princess Arabia You are the qualia. You are the computer, the colours, the thoughts, etc

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

51 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@Princess Arabia You are the qualia. You are the computer, the colours, the thoughts, etc

❤️

On 12/18/2023 at 0:14 AM, Princess Arabia said:

How can I be here and there at the same time, but still be here and there simultaneously. Look at the names bar. I'm staring at the screen and the first name there is mine, Princess Arabia. I'm sitting on my couch, and my computer is showing me my name on a computer screen. Where am I? On my couch or inside the computer. Obviously it feels like I'm on my couch. So how am I seeing my name on the computer in live time. If I log off, my name isn't there anymore, but I'm still on my couch. I didn't move but I have been removed from what? Where? Inside the computer.

Let's trace our sense of self back: Action -> Thought -> Emotion -> Desire -> Sense -> Qualia -> Being -> Consciousness.

Where you are depends on what you are, you triangulate your physical body to be on the couch based on your senses and understanding.

You happen to assign that body your identity due to its ever present nature and linked senses.

When your attention shifts to the screen, your awareness fills with its sensory image, which you project to be in front of the body, hence "you".

If you hear dim voices from the window direction, you imagine an outside based on your memory of it and intuit people based on experience.

You project a 3D location based on your senses, experiences and intuition. 

In Materialism, we are an emergent property of a lifeform's brain. The lifeform takes in information through its senses and the emergent awareness tries to make sense of them. The awareness navigates memory, senses, emotions, reason and projects a reality.

But it, that which we are, is only ever truly awareness. Everything perceived is qualia. We make sense of the qualia, by understanding all the forms.

We learn what forms shift into which and how they correlate. Like day and night oscillating repeatedly or your hand hurting if I bite it.

We model "reality" after it. We learn to "navigate 3D-Space", which is a change of perspective and the location and form of "objects"/qualia.

But it's only ever images shifting into other images, one frame at a time. We learn about context and intuition.

You are awareness itself, and whatever you perceive, you do by becoming it, having a thought means perceiving it, means seeing it, means being it.

You think of your body, you locate it through reference to your environment and the context of how you got there and the story of what place it is.

You lose yourself in immersion and only see the screen, forgetting your body, your awareness takes the form of the screen,

The screen is in front of your body, but both is equally arbitrarily in your mind. You are the screen, which projects anything.

Think of a vast fantasy landscape, are you there? Physically maybe not, but you are not your body. imagine an astral body inside that world. Imagine being in a coma. If you can't tell the difference, is there a difference, what about this world?

What about Solipsism? Everything existing inside the same consciousness is solipsism. But loneliness only exists in relation. So as long as you feel lonely, you are not alone, because there is otherness to play with. I exist and you exist, I am not you but we are both inside consciousness. The boundary is imaginary, I can be you and you can be me. But that's not our experience. I cannot 100% predict you like you me. Maybe the universal consciousness can predict us both, but we couldn't know each other, because we are fragments within it. So we are never lonely.

Also, what's cool is, I only realized all that I wrote as I was writing it, I guess I'm always at the frontier of knowledge. I literally learned it all as I contemplated it while writing, I wasn't aware of it before, it's really something (or nothing)

Edited by Keryo Koffa