Princess Arabia

Just This Forum Format Alone Reveals No(self)

25 posts in this topic

54 minutes ago, Keryo Koffa said:

Let's trace our sense of self back: Action -> Thought -> Emotion -> Desire -> Sense -> Qualia -> Being -> Consciousness.

Where you are depends on what you are, you triangulate your physical body to be on the couch based on your senses and understanding.

You happen to assign that body your identity due to its ever present nature and linked senses.

When your attention shifts to the screen, your awareness fills with its sensory image, which you project to be in front of the body, hence "you".

If you hear dim voices from the window direction, you imagine an outside based on your memory of it and intuit people based on experience.

You project a 3D location based on your senses, experiences and intuition. 

In Materialism, we are an emergent property of a lifeform's brain. The lifeform takes in information through its senses and the emergent awareness tries to make sense of them. The awareness navigates memory, senses, emotions, reason and projects a reality.

But it, that which we are, is only ever truly awareness. Everything perceived is qualia. We make sense of the qualia, by understanding all the forms.

We learn what forms shift into which and how they correlate. Like day and night oscillating repeatedly or your hand hurting if I bite it.

We model "reality" after it. We learn to "navigate 3D-Space", which is a change of perspective and the location and form of "objects"/qualia.

But it's only ever images shifting into other images, one frame at a time. We learn about context and intuition.

You are awareness itself, and whatever you perceive, you do by becoming it, having a thought means perceiving it, means seeing it, means being it.

You think of your body, you locate it through reference to your environment and the context of how you got there and the story of what place it is.

You lose yourself in immersion and only see the screen, forgetting your body, your awareness takes the form of the screen,

The screen is in front of your body, but both is equally arbitrarily in your mind. You are the screen, which projects anything.

Think of a vast fantasy landscape, are you there? Physically maybe not, but you are not your body. imagine an astral body inside that world. Imagine being in a coma. If you can't tell the difference, is there a difference, what about this world?

What about Solipsism? Everything existing inside the same consciousness is solipsism. But loneliness only exists in relation. So as long as you feel lonely, you are not alone, because there is otherness to play with. I exist and you exist, I am not you but we are both inside consciousness. The boundary is imaginary, I can be you and you can be me. But that's not our experience. I cannot 100% predict you like you me. Maybe the universal consciousness can predict us both, but we couldn't know each other, because we are fragments within it. So we are never lonely.

Also, what's cool is, I only realized all that I wrote as I was writing it, I guess I'm always at the frontier of knowledge. I literally learned it all as I contemplated it while writing, I wasn't aware of it before, it's really something (or nothing)

Thank you for this indepth explanation I enjoyed reading it.

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time. Death is the end of the illusion.

1 hour ago, Keryo Koffa said:

1 hour ago, Keryo Koffa said:

@Princess Arabia You're welcome, I love questions like these, they make contemplate for hours and discover intriguing perspectives.

My curious mind is always contemplating shit; but if I start to contemplate the mind, it says to me "what you doing, don't you know you're using me to contemplate me". Lol

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time. Death is the end of the illusion.

Something or someone wrote those words in an attempt to communicate with something or another… 

If anyone sees and understands these words, please have a wonderful day.

Edited by SourceCodo

Gone

6 hours ago, SourceCodo said:

If anyone sees and understands these words, please have a wonderful day.

And eat some 

IMG_4268-min.jpeg

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI