Keryo Koffa

Why aren't we naturally psychedelic?

26 posts in this topic

Sounds like a good topic to contemplate together and exchange ideas, so let's do it!

Psychedelics sharpen our senses, our awareness, let us intuit and understand deeply and experientially.

Make us curious, fascinated, explorative, fall in love with all of existence.

So then, why isn't that our natural state? Or is it? Maybe that's what kids are like before they're forced into ego and depression, billions of limiting beliefs, oughts and shoulds, conceptual proliferation, mindless memorization, anxiety, emotionlessless and rigid thinking patterns. Learn to numb their senses, blindly trust authority and mimic everyone else.

Maybe that's the mechanic. In that case, once we intuit the nature of such experience, we might be able to will ourself out of it, gradually breaking conditioning and being more alive, active and fascinated and authentic.

In that case, psychedelics are a shortcut, yet Leo did a 30 day retreat and still uses them to surpass unconscious thresholds. Maybe the ego just roots that deep, maybe it builds itself back up, maybe subconsciously carrying the psychedelic experience as a potential way to unlock oneself distracts one from doing it naturally. Yet each time I trip, I progress into a state where I am 1000x as open as before. It's hard to withstand that shortcut, meditation is not being, it is wanting, I would not have a reference without psychedelics, I would have never reached even the state after my first trip as depressed as I was. And then each a 1000x on top of that.

So why aren't we naturally psychedelic? Is it just limiting beliefs, is it the ego rebuilding itself, it the limitation a design, is it because it leads to ego-death and at some point, natural? Shouldn't there be a different balance, as useful as it can be? Let's contemplate it!

I think we are we are just not in our natural habitat, we are constantly bombarded with different energies from our tech, worries about life and ego. These pull us out of our natural state and we live in our heads, when you can go anywhere in your body and see that perspective if you practice.

Edited by Hojo

@Hojo Can we create that? I'd move there instantly! It would be beautiful.

But I wonder, would our senses expand as much as psychedelics let us, have ego-dissolution and encounter entities described on DMT just by living right? People have lived more naturally before, though they were still hard on survival. I know psychedelics expand the mind and its a matter of wanting to keep and be aware of that state, but can you do everything naturally through consciousness, or do psychedelics rewire and connect the brain in ways one can not reach normally? To create certain experiences that have to be experienced on them to be realized and remembered?

@Keryo Koffa I  think you have to go out into the woods and starve and be miserable. If you are alone in the woods your awareness will naturally expand. If you stay up enough i think you can get some dmt type stuff going. So if you dont want to go in the woods I would say stop eating and stay awake.

Edited by Hojo

I literally don’t need psychedelics anymore. You can raise your consciousness to the point that it’s like a clean trip 24/7 

Yoga

Meditation 

Community 

23 minutes ago, BlessedLion said:

Yoga

Meditation 

Community 

Aliens

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Nature is inherently psychedelic. 

Look! 

Infinite fractals everywhere!!! 

I think we are psychedelic, for we are all that is. But there is such a thing as relative truth in this dimension, i mean, like, there are many stories within stories within stories that have been created in such an interwoven way that we cannot instantly jump to those states of infinite awareness. I mean existence seems to have a certain way, or mode, of being, and you need to align with it, so to speak, even though at the ultimate level you are existence itself. 

Edited by Vibroverse

The fun thing about psycadelics is the surprise effect. God is a master in surprises and the prize you get from a deep psycadelic trip is always a surprise. God Loves ephinanies, it loves infinitely. 

It’s not your permanent state so that you can come back down to your regular, mundane life and separate the wheat from the chaf.

For example, I tried sharing my deepest insights with my sister, but all that did was make her scared and more confused. This made me realize that I finally need to let her go, because my attachment to her is unhealthy and simply a waste of my time.

You no longer want to propagate unhealthy relationships relentlessly. It’s not your job to help other people (yes, even your closest family members) fix their lives when so wrapped up living in a fantasy.

Shoutout to natalie etched for also inspiring this insight within me:

Edited by Yimpa

Keep in mind that you can share and be genuinely vulnerable and they can also come out doing the same with you in their own, unique way. Just don’t expect everyone you think is close to you to be as receptive to that openness.

Edited by Yimpa

Being naturally psychedelic would be unable to function for survival purposes. Ask yourself if you would drive an Honda 1000cc on a psychedelic. Or create a software tool on a psychedelic. Or if you would like your surgeon to be on a psychedelic while is removing your tumor.

What you want is the openness and intelligence that psychedelics can activate, while having a clear, steady, cold mind at the same time.

For that, more refined tools that simple chemicals are needed, if you are interested in stable yet high human potential.

On 16/12/2023 at 6:50 PM, Hojo said:

I think we are we are just not in our natural habitat, we are constantly bombarded with different energies from our tech, worries about life and ego. These pull us out of our natural state and we live in our heads, when you can go anywhere in your body and see that perspective if you practice.

yes i agree, totally makes sense. Even though we create these lies and justify to ourselves that its ´normal´, we kinda are just brainwashed and accept it as true.

On 16/12/2023 at 6:50 PM, Keryo Koffa said:

then, why isn't that our natural state? Or is it? Maybe that's what kids are like before they're forced into ego and depression,

I remember perfectly when I was a kid, during many years, everything was magic, mystery, depth. Reality was wonderful, connected, and happiness was very close to complete on many occasions, then I was 14 or 15 and everyone was completely crazy, and my mind became complete shit. an interesting and radical turn .  

The human matrix sucks the life out of us, twists us and uses us as its whores. We have to stop being the whore of the human matrix, it is vital to achieve it, but extremely difficult

Edited by Breakingthewall

I had 8 profound trips in the last 3 months.

Now I am reconciling differences and distance with friends and family I seperated myself from in depression.

I also visited a sauna for the first time in 10 years yesterday.

Something about being nacked among others and switching between hot air and cold water really clicked.

Something about seeing so many human connections having fun at the swimming pool really felt right.

My sense of self adjusts to not needing words, seeing more colors, being more aware, even without psychedelics.

I just woke up with a slight sense of fear after I dreamed myself into higher ego-dissolution.

I felt like I was closer to the understanding of how I subconsciously generate qualia in real time.

I am becoming more open through desire alone and real world body-sense awareness on top of it.

I feel like I am increasing my homeostatic control over letting go and fearing myself back, both at will, ever faster.

17 hours ago, Yimpa said:

For example, I tried sharing my deepest insights with my sister, but all that did was make her scared and more confused. This made me realize that I finally need to let her go, because my attachment to her is unhealthy and simply a waste of my time.

Wow. So compassionate and understanding. 

“you don’t see reality like I do so I’m cutting you out of my life”

😂😂😂

On 12/16/2023 at 7:50 PM, Keryo Koffa said:

So then, why isn't that our natural state?

On 12/16/2023 at 7:50 PM, Keryo Koffa said:

So why aren't we naturally psychedelic?

We are, you just haven't done the work to reach it yet ;) there are states of deep psychedelic experiences that I get while doing physical yoga. And it literally feels literally like I'am on psychedelics such as LSD or mushrooms. BUT IT'S A NATURAL STATE WITHOUT ANY OF THE UNWANTED EFFECTS. Your consciousness is so much hightened that it feel like you are tripping, but you are sober. But you have to do the work, which 99% of y'all don't even have the discipline to do and continue it every day.

The word Tapas is a big deal in yogic culture. It's constant practice, Discipline. Without it you aren't going anywhere.

Mahadev

It's possible you only exist in the now and you imagined the past and the future.

But if we assume the past is real then maybe evolution is real. So on Earth we are a net and a fabric of organisms. It is kill or be killed for millions of years. So we are locked into the same reality as all organisms on Earth. We must evade tigers and sharks and the reality they inhabit. We all seem to have our 5 senses and maybe we are limited by these 5 senses. If a predator can evolve a new sense which is beneficial, it can exploit this advantage and kill and eat better. Currently on Earth, if any animal eats shrooms or opens their third eye, they will be killed and eaten while they are high. So we could be naturally psychedelic if it benefited us in the jungle surrounded by predators. Being psychedelic does not benefit an animal. But maybe this is the next stage of evolution. We would need a very safe and secure environment to be permanently psychedelic. This seems unnatural and could not last for millions of years. We could kill all the predators on Earth. Or maybe if we are killed by a predator we are released into Nirvana or moksha.