Rishabh R

How do I develop confidence in myself Leo?

16 posts in this topic

When I sat to contemplate the question I realised -By recognising that I am ok. Then I ask why ? - Because I am ok. Then I asked chatgpt it gave an answer that one must do positive self talk, challenge negative thoughts and slowly step out of one's comfort zone. 

Afterwards I listened to mark manson podcast and he said that confidence is comfort in failure not an expectation in success. It is recognizing that you will not always succeed but it is worth trying anyway . Could @Leo Gura and people help me out ? And also I would like to hear opinion of you'll on Mark Manson as Leo told to listen to more than one teacher I am also listening to Mark Manson besides Leo .

Edited by Rishabh R

I suggest reading the Book "The Six Pillars of Self-Esteem", havent finished it yet but alot of very important lessons and understanding.

Definitely one of my Top 3 Books so far.

You keep asking this.

You can't fake confidence, it automatically comes from training yourself in an area and gathering massive experience.

So just pick a domain and start training and gathering experience. You don't need to worry, confidence will naturally come from that with time.

There's not some trick that will make you confident across the board at everything.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura ok but I still fear when checking my result for an exam even tough I have gone through many exams.

@Rishabh R It's not complicated. Question what it is you fear and why.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

You can't get something you don't understand it. Most people use the word confidence without knowing what it is.

Con-findence means with faith. You have to develop this faith and if you can't develop it ask God to give faith to you so you do things in the name of God.

If you are a secular person, you have to find your own source of power.

You dont know yourself to believe in yourself so what will you have confidence in? "If lion knew his strenght no man could restrain him"is a good quote to show that you need to know you to belive in you.

Second thing is you dont trust and depend on yourself, so you seek someone to tell you how to built the confidence ,even if you had all the knowledge about confidence wouldnt make a difference because you didnt come to that conclusion yourself.

Confidence is knowing you can do something, competence is being able to get same resault over and over again confidence is just one part...

Edited by NoSelfSelf

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

There are core confidence and situational confidence.

Core comes mostly with inner game. Situational comes with outer game.

Of course these two overlaps somewhat, since everything is interconnected.

Connect with me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/miguetran

3 hours ago, StarStruck said:

You can't get something you don't understand it. Most people use the word confidence without knowing what it is.

Con-findence means with faith. You have to develop this faith and if you can't develop it ask God to give faith to you so you do things in the name of God.

If you are a secular person, you have to find your own source of power.

going deeper we see all confidence is a con job

its job is to assure people you are above average

confidence is a measure of how well you can act

conviction meanwhile is knowing who you are

you instil confidence in another

you bring conviction to another

for example we love to see confidence in the gender we like

we could care less who they are but we for sure want them to look good at playing their role

confidence takes a day to demonstrate, conviction is earned in the long run

confidence is mimicry, just find somebody on yt and be like them

conviction is through deep work you see you bring an utterly priceless contribution to this world

your life is nothing while you fail to do so

Edited by gettoefl

To get confidence you have to go do a thing. If you wanna be confident with women, go get good with women. If you wanna be confident in your work, go get really good at your work. There is no other way. Those who came the funk always get exposed. 

Confidence comes from being extremely vulnerable and open to what is occuring.

Extreme vulnerability shows that you can recover from a situation no matter how bad.

Openness makes you present to respond to what is really occuring not what you think is happening.

Read the type of stuff you wrote 5-10 years ago. Ideally, your reaction should be “Holy shit! I’ve changed a lot, and for the better!!”

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI