Jannes

Is this good game Leo?

17 posts in this topic

Just saw your Blog post about good game and "shooting the shit". Is this example in the video adequate? I just want to make sure I understand correctly.

Asking Leo would just be forming a new belief, another paradigm. You have to go out and try it and see if it works

Lol xD

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, The Renaissance Man said:

Asking Leo would just be forming a new belief, another paradigm. You have to go out and try it and see if it works

Great example of commenting without watching the video. It's 42secs worth of gold material you're missing out on, watch it.

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

That guy is a legend, also he’s done it more than once 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

16 minutes ago, Vibes said:

@Leo Gura Why did you remove 'You are Leo' from your signature?

Because Leo is an ego and not Infinity

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

8 minutes ago, FourCrossedWands said:

I prefer this type of approach

Why did I find this so funny?

Every noob dating.

5 hours ago, The Renaissance Man said:

@Princess Arabia Lol it was a joke

Yes it was. Now laugh at yourself. Oh! You already did.

On 12/1/2023 at 3:59 PM, Princess Arabia said:

It's 42secs worth of gold material you're missing out on, watch it.

Hmmm... This is quite fascinating to hear. First I’ll ask: Are you absolutely certain you find this humor to be funny or could it be that you were momentarily more in touch with your wild side when you typed this? Because I’ve heard you call other versions of this exact same genre of humor “disgusting and disrespectful”

What I’m getting at is I’d like you to help me understand the thought process behind a raunchy bar joke such as saying, “a ring doesn’t cover a hole” to a woman who tells you she’s married being deemed disgusting and inappropriate without any acknowledgement of the wit or humor of it, then also finding a video of a guy ripping the mic out of a news reporter’s hand to say “fuck her right in the pussy” to be hilarious without anything negative to say about that. 

These are both in the same realm of humor, no? Actually in terms of potential disgust people may have, the example of the guy interrupting the news segment to say that obscenity is MORE potent in its ability to disturb others than the bar joke. He’s running up to a stranger he’s never spoken to before completely out of the blue (unlike whatever rapport you may have previously built with the married woman before saying your “disrespectful” thing) he’s ripping the microphone away from her, looking straight at the camera and saying “fuck her right in the pussy”. 

It’s also worse because it gets exposed to millions more people than the relatively negligible amount of people who might hear a silly but raunchy bar joke. 

All I’m asking is, Why is one thing acceptable and even funny when another very similar yet measurably less impactful thing, isn’t?

I’m making a long post here because this is the perfect example of why some of us fail socially. It blows my mind when people laugh and have a great time shooting the shit about certain types things and then suddenly blow up and get all buttmad when someone comes along with something else of the same genre of humor because they happen to take offense to it for some reason.

It would be like if a group of guys who all had an irrationally intense hated of oranges were all in a social setting discussing which fruits they like. Then some girl just trying to fit in with the social atmosphere came along saying “I like oranges the best. I even had two orange trees in my front yard when I was a girl that we used to make fresh orange juice every morning.” Then all the guys are like REEEEEEEEE!!>:( >:( Get this stupid crazy bitch away from us!!! Reeeeeeeee SECURITY!!!!

How could she have known? Obviously she can’t just ask them, “Hey, is it ok if I like oranges and I tell you about that since you guys are already talking about fruits?” Because that alone would set them off if they did hate oranges so much AND, even if they didn’t, it would still make her seem weird and insecure just for asking. Literally all she can do is roll the dice. 

This is why humans are so difficult and why we can’t have nice things. And why mankind deserves to get wiped out by an asteroid.

Do these count as acceptable ways of shooting shit? They’re definitely authentic alright xD

1 hour ago, Emotionalmosquito said:

Hmmm... This is quite fascinating to hear. First I’ll ask: Are you absolutely certain you find this humor to be funny or could it be that you were momentarily more in touch with your wild side when you typed this? Because I’ve heard you call other versions of this exact same genre of humor “disgusting and disrespectful”

What I’m getting at is I’d like you to help me understand the thought process behind a raunchy bar joke such as saying, “a ring doesn’t cover a hole” to a woman who tells you she’s married being deemed disgusting and inappropriate without any acknowledgement of the wit or humor of it, then also finding a video of a guy ripping the mic out of a news reporter’s hand to say “fuck her right in the pussy” to be hilarious without anything negative to say about that. 

These are both in the same realm of humor, no? Actually in terms of potential disgust people may have, the example of the guy interrupting the news segment to say that obscenity is MORE potent in its ability to disturb others than the bar joke. He’s running up to a stranger he’s never spoken to before completely out of the blue (unlike whatever rapport you may have previously built with the married woman before saying your “disrespectful” thing) he’s ripping the microphone away from her, looking straight at the camera and saying “fuck her right in the pussy”. 

It’s also worse because it gets exposed to millions more people than the relatively negligible amount of people who might hear a silly but raunchy bar joke. 

All I’m asking is, Why is one thing acceptable and even funny when another very similar yet measurably less impactful thing, isn’t?

I’m making a long post here because this is the perfect example of why some of us fail socially. It blows my mind when people laugh and have a great time shooting the shit about certain types things and then suddenly blow up and get all buttmad when someone comes along with something else of the same genre of humor because they happen to take offense to it for some reason.

It would be like if a group of guys who all had an irrationally intense hated of oranges were all in a social setting discussing which fruits they like. Then some girl just trying to fit in with the social atmosphere came along saying “I like oranges the best. I even had two orange trees in my front yard when I was a girl that we used to make fresh orange juice every morning.” Then all the guys are like REEEEEEEEE!!>:( >:( Get this stupid crazy bitch away from us!!! Reeeeeeeee SECURITY!!!!

How could she have known? Obviously she can’t just ask them, “Hey, is it ok if I like oranges and I tell you about that since you guys are already talking about fruits?” Because that alone would set them off if they did hate oranges so much AND, even if they didn’t, it would still make her seem weird and insecure just for asking. Literally all she can do is roll the dice. 

This is why humans are so difficult and why we can’t have nice things. And why mankind deserves to get wiped out by an asteroid.

Where did you see me laugh. That was a sarcastic comment I made. In any event, telling a married woman that a ring doesn't cover a hole is not funny. Doesn't even sound like a joke. This is not about raunchy bar jokes. I've heard plenty of those in bars. 

If a guy approaches a woman and asks if she's married and he comes back with the line you made, that's not the same as a stupid camera joke. That was a stunt. Totally different scenario. 

The goat'd opener

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

On 1/19/2024 at 1:32 AM, Princess Arabia said:

Where did you see me laugh.

I assumed it by you saying 

On 12/1/2023 at 3:59 PM, Princess Arabia said:

It's 42secs worth of gold material you're missing out on, watch it.

Usually when someone says something like “gold material” referring to a silly stunt, it means they found it funny. But perhaps I did a misread. If you actually didnt find it funny that makes a lot more sense and thank you for clarifying

On 1/19/2024 at 1:32 AM, Princess Arabia said:

that's not the same as a stupid camera joke. That was a stunt. Totally different scenario. 

Not the same in the nature of the prank, is the same in that they’re both randomly saying something naughty. The camera guy is proudly saying “fuck her right in the pussy!” totally impromptu to millions of people. The bar thing is saying something that isn’t meant to be taken seriously or personally to only one or a few people. I don’t even think it’s remarkably funny myself, I’ve just said it one time because I thought it was clever and the gal I said it to didn’t appear to have any issue with it at all. And I didn’t make it up, I got it from a video.

They are different scenarios but they’re very much the same type of humor. They’re both saying something explicitly sexual and completely disregarding social norms, albeit one being much more out of context than the other 

2 hours ago, Emotionalmosquito said:

I assumed it by you saying 

Usually when someone says something like “gold material” referring to a silly stunt, it means they found it funny. But perhaps I did a misread. If you actually didnt find it funny that makes a lot more sense and thank you for clarifying

Not the same in the nature of the prank, is the same in that they’re both randomly saying something naughty. The camera guy is proudly saying “fuck her right in the pussy!” totally impromptu to millions of people. The bar thing is saying something that isn’t meant to be taken seriously or personally to only one or a few people. I don’t even think it’s remarkably funny myself, I’ve just said it one time because I thought it was clever and the gal I said it to didn’t appear to have any issue with it at all. And I didn’t make it up, I got it from a video.

They are different scenarios but they’re very much the same type of humor. They’re both saying something explicitly sexual and completely disregarding social norms, albeit one being much more out of context than the other 

Sometimes content is different and received differently than the context in which it was said. Telling a naughty bar joke isn't the same as telling a girl one on one what you said in response to I'm married. Listen, if she didn't find it offensive and you were just being playful then who am I to say otherwise. 

Not every thing can be categorized generally as it can take on a whole new meaning when said or done either in person, on camera or to a crowd of people. 

We'll just leave this at that and I guess just use discretion when it comes to these things and apologize when necessary to someone who brings to our attention that they felt offended or that the joke was in poor taste.

An example given in the unreleased Actualized episode “When Does The Right Go Too Far? - Part 1”

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI