Maximilian

Elon Musk and 𝕏

89 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The internet has rotted Elon Musk's mind.

Or he's just an immature doofus. You can tell he's not a genius by the shape of his head and the look in his eye.

10 hours ago, Bobby_2021 said:

Twitter has a lot more features and better user experience than what it used to.

So you might want to look at yourself for parroting stereotypical talking point.

"Rocket man/ electric car man cannot manage social media or free speech."

Twitter is objectively better than what it used to be, which was a bureaucratic semi governmental bloated, organisation which was running at a loss. It has tons of cool new features that you could make use of and use it as an actual social media site.

There were people who predicted that twitter would crash, because of employees layoff and nothing of that sort happened.

He killed a lot of small business on twitter by overcharging the API in the name of killing the bots. That was not good. 

------

And twitter was the last thing that has a steady growth. The backstory of the whole app is worthy of a Game of thrones level of drama rollercoaster. That was how the company was managed all the while. 

So we are not seeing anything new here. 

Free speech absolutism is dumb, for the same reason any nuanced thing like communication over millions of people, reduced to an absolute position is stupid. For the same reason people think the free market will somehow regulate itself, as if magic fairies are guiding people's actions or overall trends to the best possible outcome, and people won't just regulate it themselves. Same for free speech, with no limits it's anarchy with every bad result that brings. If I need to explain why any anarchist position toward regulation or moderation is bad I can very easily. Hopefully, I don't need to bother much, because its impossible to stop people from regulating things in their favor, unless you regulate against regulation, which defeats the overall anarchist point. - That free space for communication is what bureaucracy holds, otherwise, its just the whims of whatever wields power, even if that's just the loudest voice.

Yeah, you quoted the technical aspects, exactly what i'd expect an engineer to be good at. Musk has never seemed much of a communicator in interviews, an average guy speaking at best, but honestly a bit quiet and not that charismatic or open and sharp to replies. Not everyone is good at everything, people have flaws. Which explains why he keeps putting his foot in his mouth while trying to address an audience of millions, that's a fine art to achieve. I don't care what people predicted, I am not them, nor do I have an irrational desire to see him fail. I want to see him get to Mars, though it'd be nice if he left politics alone rather than split his support for doing so, I'd say he's worse than split the support at this point. At his peak he could have crowd-funded Mars missions, right now all he'd get is hate.

I know you probably don't like the people who give him hate, but that's tough. I don't like a lot of people, but they exist. Their preferences are what they are, their tolerances are what they are, and that's the reality we live in. Its a large platform, with such a wide reach, impact, and potential perspectives on it at once, it needs to be handled by a person who lives and breathes communication, and is frankly a master at it. Not to mention all the advertising preferences vs the desire of people to express themselves, that's a tightrope to walk.

We are seeing plenty new, the new anarchist trend toward regulation as a clear example of something that doesn't work.

Edited by BlueOak

Sometimes I jokingly wonder if with Elon's handling of Twitter, we're watching a real life version 'The Producers' (where a shady producer intentionally sets out to make a terrible Broadway musical called 'Spring Time For Hitler', in the hope that it will bomb so that he can commit tax fraud).

But that would probably be giving Elon too much credit. I think he really is just as dumb as he seems :D

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

I think: Many people will have "opinions about him", but in ACTUALITY will mean almost nothing considering no single individual would achieve a fraction of a decimal of a percent of the success he has achieved (accumulated capital). Same people calling him immature/wrong/foolish/etc. are simply taking from the sidelines, zero skin in the game.  Think you know better? Go execute on it. :) 

1 hour ago, Dauntment said:

I think: Many people will have "opinions about him", but in ACTUALITY will mean almost nothing considering no single individual would achieve a fraction of a decimal of a percent of the success he has achieved (accumulated capital). Same people calling him immature/wrong/foolish/etc. are simply taking from the sidelines, zero skin in the game.  Think you know better? Go execute on it. :) 

Why are you challenging people to each make a twitter clone? Isn't that just email? The value of twitter, used to be, it was a space that many people used, where information could be shared that was generally beneficial to more than just anarchist or destructive elements within society. Now it's highlighting things that want to rip down bureaucracy, safeguards and generally cause increasing social unrest.  While complaining it might need to shutdown for doing so, because people don't want their brand associated with it.

The answer you believe is people should just make their own? That's the very anarchist sentiment that's being highlighted as problematic. I tried making my own garage, plumbing company, political party, shopping center, school, road, local governing authority, media company and shuttle to mars. Then I realised I was one man and lived among others.

2 hours ago, Dauntment said:

Just cause someone wins at capitalism doesn't make him not a fool.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The x looks so bad…

Twitter looked way better. Though I never used the platform.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

9 minutes ago, BlueOak said:

Why are you challenging people to each make a twitter clone? Isn't that just email? The value of twitter, used to be, it was a space that many people used, where information could be shared that was generally beneficial to more than just anarchist or destructive elements within society. Now it's highlighting things that want to rip down bureaucracy, safeguards and generally cause increasing social unrest.  While complaining it might need to shutdown for doing so, because people don't want their brand associated with it.

The answer you believe is people should just make their own? That's the very anarchist sentiment that's being highlighted as problematic. I tried making my own garage, plumbing company, political party, shopping center, school, road, local governing authority, media company and shuttle to mars. Then I realised I was one man and lived among others.

1. I would confidently attest that X/Twitter is better headed into the direction of "Truth"/useful information and being less memetic or misc. content that doesn't "serve anyone".

2. "Execute on it" in the context on what they believe (putting action behind it, getting skin in the game, etc.). Isn't ironic how all these individual comments appear to "know what's best for the business" and "how it should be ran" (as if they had major experience running a similar company, or decades of specific knowledge in that domain, etc.)  lmao, isn't that a bit suspicious? 

3. Thus the status quo: MANY people will "talk" and "give their opinions" etc., in vain because they lack the leverage/capital/influence to do anything about it. Pareto Principle. (Also, not even beginning to mention the mechanicalness of main, particularly with "Talk" & "Reacting")

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Just cause someone wins at capitalism doesn't make him not a fool.

Where we our in society: Those with the most leverage/capital are NOT the ones (nor closely advised by) the highest quality thinkers/philosophers.

We need more Conscious Leadership/Capitalism.

Musk used to be a liberal for the most part. I think he got a lot of hate from the left for some things and it caused him to go to the right. Which was honestly sad af. Musks influence is huge 

54 minutes ago, Jacob Morres said:

Musk used to be a liberal for the most part. I think he got a lot of hate from the left for some things and it caused him to go to the right. Which was honestly sad af. Musks influence is huge 

It's cause he hates unions.

And one of his daughters became a trans communist and stopped speaking to him.

Edited by Leo Gura

Just the clip:

He's so smug and the interviewer is just dumb-founded xD

I'm calling it, this is Musk's "Up Yours, Woke Moralists" moment.

Edited by Extreme Z7

Just the tip.

8 hours ago, BlueOak said:

Free speech absolutism is dumb

Elon Musk is for Free speech. Not free speech absolutism. It's pretty straightforward. 

That "absolutism" is your baggage. It's not like Elon gives you the right to call N word at everyone. Such a things never happened and if it did you will be banned in no time. You are making up stereotypical shit so that it's easy for you to cook up simplistic arguments and talking points. 

In a time when leftists would try to get you fired from your job for giving political opinions on social media, Elon Musk have offered to fight litigation battles against those who fired you for posting your opinions on that site. 

This is free speech. Not absolutism. This should have been a basic right. 

You are having a conversation about free speech only because Elon Made the idea popular in the main stream. Else every other site would only had upper class liberal propaganda funded by multi billion corporates. 

The default is WEF propaganda.

Alternative is Free Speech.

16 hours ago, something_else said:

Even if he couldn't buy for a good price, another more financially sensible option would have been to make a twitter clone called X for a few million dollars and push people towards that. If his idea for an all-in-one platform is really so revolutionary it would have worked too. It's not like he doesn't have massive reach to push people towards it and grow it over time.

And rebranding was a bizarre decision too. X is such an awful brand name. Pretty much the only valuable things about twitter were its brand and its user count and he decided to completely dump the brand.

They have more than enough resources to clone it. But they can't clone the user base. They are essentially paying for the user base, not the tech.

That why Facebook acquired WhatsApp and Instagram when they were loss making companies. And Microsoft acquired GitHub.

Organically growing the user base is a challenge. There have been many clones of twitter none of which really took off. 

Yeah that rebranding was shitty. Should have been a word atleast. What's this letter X supposed to mean? 

He thinks of himself as the the CEO of a rugged corporation X which is ruling the dystopian post apocalyptic world headed in San Francisco. 

Freedumb!!!

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Freedumb!!!

Lol, you so crazy!!

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This.