Hardkill

How can young people be optimistic about the future?

25 posts in this topic

About a week and half ago, I made a thread about how young people are greatly losing faith in democracy, but no one responded to that. I get that no one owes me a response, but I can't help, but feel like this issue definitely has to be discussed on here because this getting to be disturbing for our world. 

Millenials, Gen Z, and Gen alphas, especially black and brown people from those generations, today have become pessimistic about the future. They feel like there is no hope for them be to become as successful as those from older generations. They are hurting a lot from the long-term effects of the late-stage capitalism and feel like they may not be able to survive for long. They feel like no one is listening to them enough. They don't believe the government will do anything to take on corporate tyranny, corporate greed, the right-wing megadonors, neofascism, provide access to adequate healthcare, address the skyrocketing problems cause by climate change and so many of these other crises out there that desperately need to be solved before things become unimaginably catastrophic for the future of humanity.

Yes, the human race has gotten through many different kinds of historic crises before, but I honestly do not see any viable way that the problems we are facing now are going to be solved before it becomes too late.

What can be done talk to talk young people off the ledge?

Life is better and easier than it's ever been in human history.

Go build your life and stop engaging in leftist mental masturbation.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Life is better and easier than it's ever been in human history.

Then, why aren't young people not seeing that? Why are they still suffering from not being able to afford to rent or buy even a basic home like their parents could in the mid to late 1900s?

What about for black and brown people and the working class who believe that things haven't gotten any better ever since the 2008 financial crisis? 

Why are more than 30 million Americans still suffering from not have any basic health insurance at all or the kind of the drugs and treatment they desperately need?

Edited by Hardkill

11 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

Then, why aren't young people not seeing that?

Those who get serious about building a life are seeing it.

Stop trying to apply general political statistics to your personal life. Build your life independently of whatever the political situation is.

The government will never give you a great life. Either you build it yourself or you will end up with scraps.

If you live in America things will never get much better for you. So just start doing serious work.

Edited by Leo Gura

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Stop trying to apply general political statistics to your personal life. Build your life independently of whatever the political situation is.

The government will never give you a great life. Either you build it yourself or you will end up with scraps.

If you live in America things will never get much better for you. So just start doing serious work.

It's not just about my personal life.

Most young people are not even demanding the government to give them a great life. They just want the government to protect their individual rights and freedoms and to provide them enough of the basic needs just to survive without ever having to worry about whether or not they are going to make it.

How do you tell what you're saying to black or hispanic people living in the ghettos who are still angry about not being able to get out of generational poverty no matter what they do and the fact that they have lately been losing more and more of their losing voting rights?

Edited by Hardkill

@Hardkill  We are now living in knowledge economy, where creativity and learning is what pays the bills. Our parents didn't have to deal with the internet so creativity and learning wasn't a global competition. And then most young people don't take their studies and schooling seriously. They are on internet distracting themselves all the time -- bitching on twitter, watching youtube, playing videogames, etc -- which are all the opposite of what generates creativity and learning. If a lot of young people are killing themselves .... well... it is what it is.... maybe in the next life god will make their spirits wiser to be able to resist these pleasures and distractions.

I've noticed the ones who can pay the bills and then some where the ones who did well in school and were wise enough to prevent a lot of distractions.

There's nothing wrong here, it is what it is. The more these younger people complain the more karma they'll accrue if they don't take control of their lives. God is not so unreasonable tbh.

Edited by EdgeGod900

God likes to cosplay as a human O.o xDxD

44 minutes ago, EdgeGod900 said:

@Hardkill  We are now living in knowledge economy, where creativity and learning is what pays the bills. Our parents didn't have to deal with the internet so creativity and learning wasn't a global competition. And then most young people don't take their studies and schooling seriously. They are on internet distracting themselves all the time -- bitching on twitter, watching youtube, playing videogames, etc -- which are all the opposite of what generates creativity and learning. If a lot of young people are killing themselves .... well... it is what it is.... maybe in the next life god will make their spirits wiser to be able to resist these pleasures and distractions.

I've noticed the ones who can pay the bills and then some where the ones who did well in school and were wise enough to prevent a lot of distractions.

There's nothing wrong here, it is what it is. The more these younger people complain the more karma they'll accrue if they don't take control of their lives. God is not so unreasonable tbh.

This is very dismaying.

3 hours ago, Hardkill said:

How do you tell what you're saying to a black or hispanic person living in the ghettos who are still angry about not being able to get out of generational poverty

You tell them: Every other generation had it worse.

This is life, not some fairytale.

Edited by Leo Gura

I feel like back in the day the US had not real democracy anyway. People were controlled by media. Nowadays there are more discussions and that is risky sometimes but at least people can be active agents and not just uninformed masses.

Edited by Epikur

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Life is not samsara?

6 hours ago, StarStruck said:

Life is not samsara?

Nirvana and samsara are one. 

"The journey never ends, the point of arrival is always now." 

13 hours ago, Hardkill said:

Yes, the human race has gotten through many different kinds of historic crises before, but I honestly do not see any viable way that the problems we are facing now are going to be solved before it becomes too late.

Exactly why we have people glueing themselves to roads because their fear has taken over. Have more faith in humanity.

9 hours ago, StarStruck said:

Life is not samsara?

Life is whatever you hold it to be.

The serious work starts with yourself, and you can build your life entirely from scratch if you so choose to. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

17 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

How long did it take you to create actualized.org? 

Edited by MAHAVATAR_-_BABAJI

• Feminist 

18 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You are objectively wrong for Western Countries.

Its all well and good saying 500 years ago life was worse. Yes it was, but that is so far out of relatable experience, that you'd be better off with a fairytale, movie, or story explaining why.

My generation had it better than the current generation.
My parent's generation had it better than I did. From the 60's to the 2000's quality of life was improving, from the 2000's to now, the quality of life has been decreasing.

War and violence are on the rise, tension is at an all-time high, and competition between global powers is on a dangerous path.
Day-to-day things cost a hell of a lot more, Homes cost a hell of a lot more relative to income so starting a family is harder, energy bills take a huge chunk out of your wage now.
Jobs require more of you for less money. Supervisors do what assistant managers did for a fraction of the income. Shop workers are doing what three people did previously. You have to work to a later age and get less retirement.
Commercial rates are so high businesses are shutting down left and right.  Education went from being free to costing a fortune, healthcare here is going more private and costing more.

That's just demonstrable economics and security. Not touching on social issues, climate issues, etc. Sure from the 80's to the 2000's there was a large jump in what you could achieve with your life with the resources available to you for example, but in everything I've seen or studied that has been or is being reversed.

@Hardkill
There is no hope for them to have it as easy as previous generations of recent memory.
That's not democracy's fault. Far-right corporate-ruled countries WILL NOT change this, they are THE REASON it's happening.

Edited by BlueOak

23 hours ago, EdgeGod900 said:

@Hardkill  We are now living in knowledge economy, where creativity and learning is what pays the bills.

Why has Europe entered recession now then? Due to a sudden lack of creativity from the creative people? Or due to absense of cheap russian gas and oil?

Remove all the gas, diesel, oil, manufacturing, food production, and imports from the US and Europe and let's see how well they'll function on pure creativity and knowledge, and for how many days they'll last. :D

More accurately will be to say: one's creativity can also pay bills.

Edited by rnd

@BlueOak You can't even imagine how much harder life used to be. Especially for all minorities. Today's minorities live in paradise.

Edited by Leo Gura

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@BlueOak You can't even imagine how much harder life used to be. Especially for all minorities. Today's minorities live in paradise.

Wasn't life easier for minorities in the 1980s and 1990s, than it has been since the 2010s because of the 2008 financial 2008 followed by the historic levels of economic inequality we have had for years now? 

Also, what about the fact that minorities have been losing more and more of their voting rights for decades for now because of the radical right in the courts and in pretty much every red state?

Not to mention that the MAGA Republicans and the right-wing megadonors have been destroying our democracy and freedoms for decades now to the point where we may literally be living in a nation taken over by the KKK and corporate tyrants.

Edited by Hardkill

2 hours ago, Hardkill said:

Wasn't life easier for minorities in the 1980s and 1990s, than it has been since the 2010s because of the 2008 financial 2008 followed by the historic levels of economic inequality we have had for years now?

No.

Also, what about the fact that minorities have been losing more and more of their voting rights for decades for now because of the radical right in the courts and in pretty much every state?

Minority voting rights are as good today as they have ever been.

- - - -

I suggest you be much more careful about the skewed worldview you are imbibing from progressive and leftist channels. Their constant whining is slowly corrupting your mind with negativity.

Edited by Leo Gura

On 11/23/2023 at 7:56 AM, Hardkill said:

About a week and half ago, I made a thread about how young people are greatly losing faith in democracy

Pretty bold of you to assume that we had a democracy in the first place.

The United States and every other paper democracy for that matter has systems in place to make sure that the will of the people will NOT take place. The people who run those systems are the ones who fear monger that our democracy is under threat.

"Our democracy is under threat."

*Proceeds to strike down a policy that had overwhelming support from the people*

"Damn I just saved the democracy" 

Clown Show. 

Edited by Bobby_2021