Rishabh R

Guys how to reduce negative thoughts ?

28 posts in this topic

Yes I have watched Leo's video regarding it but I just have a question that what's the perspective of you guys and our Leo's recent perspective whether that video holds true ?

You replace every negative thought with a positive thought by using positive affirmations (repeating the positive thought over and over again), visualizing something positive happening in your direct experience, using the Lefkoe method to get rid of limiting beliefs that were engrained in you from your childhood, and in general just trying to consciously steer your mind into more positive thinking. This will help you achieve your goals because negative thoughts are completely useless when it comes to achieving what you want and being happy. 

Yes, these methods work.

Negative thoughts tend to be very stupid in general. The only form of negative thought you should engage in is constructive. It's one of the reasons when I was small I avoided engaging in comedy. Why? Cause that same comedic mind can turn around on you if you are not careful.

How you talk to others is an expression of how you talk to yourself. If you are really bad at being fair and reasonable with others it means you are bad at doing that with yourself. You need to be fair and reasonable with yourself and you also need to be okay with failure and being powerless. Humans have two big weaknesses they overestimate their strength and they underestimate their weakness.

You cannot have success in life without others. Because the world runs on nepotism= The world promotes people they like (like-minded people) and relatives. This means that likability is promoted over responsibility, over competence. You need to be okay with the fact that you will discriminated against unfairly in both directions. People will give you favors cause they like you, and they will refuse you favors because they don't like you. The biggest delusion the world sells is that you earn opportunities, you don't you are given opportunities. 

Doesn't matter how good your product is, if your brand looks bad most won't risk ever trying it. This is why personal appearance is so important, the people you are surrounded with are so important, networking, mentorship with the right influencers is so important. Your power or lack of power is a reflection of who you know and don't know....a better way to put it is who knows you. Because if someone powerful knows you but doesn't claim to know you publicly, then it means they are ashamed of their association with you.

Power brokers, world's most influential people all hang out and are usually on each other board of directors...and the only way to pull all of this off is positive self-talk.

^^^^^^Don't let your negative mind tell you that you have no value. There are enough fools spreading that stupidity you don't need to help them.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

Is becoming aware of the thoughts and then focussing on one's career/life purpose the key ?

Mindfulness will help the cause. Focus on the PRESENT.

Everyone gives that advice though. But that doesn't mean it won't work.

Read The Power of Now.

Apply it relentlessly.

Edited by CARDOZZO

You don't need 100 videos, just a powerful method to handle negative thoughts.

Master your mind and say "thanks for coming, next".

2 hours ago, An young being said:

Mindfulness will help the cause. Focus on the PRESENT.

Everyone gives that advice though. But that doesn't mean it won't work.

Edited by UnbornTao

Breathing Deeply, Awareness, Presence & Patience.

It should help.

Edited by CARDOZZO

thoughts per se are not problematic, it's your relationship with them. you let them run your life, you are asleep at the wheel

thoughts are a terrible master but a fantastic servant

see each thought as it arises, if it's bad don't let it pass

this is called meditation 

6 hours ago, Spiritual Warrior said:

You replace every negative thought with a positive thought by using positive affirmations (repeating the positive thought over and over again), visualizing something positive happening in your direct experience, using the Lefkoe method to get rid of limiting beliefs that were engrained in you from your childhood, and in general just trying to consciously steer your mind into more positive thinking. This will help you achieve your goals because negative thoughts are completely useless when it comes to achieving what you want and being happy. 

Yes, these methods work.

This mental gymnastics is a trick, and may work.

But if you have correct serotonin levels it's very hard to have negative thoughts in first place. You'll be happy no matter what.

First adress why this person is not producing serotonin in adequate amounts.

10 minutes ago, Shawn Philips said:

This mental gymnastics is a trick, and may work.

But if you have correct serotonin levels it's very hard to have negative thoughts in first place. You'll be happy no matter what.

I am intrigued by this. How do you measure serotonin levels? 

9 minutes ago, Shawn Philips said:

If serotonin is the problem, mindfulness is still one of the solutions. Here are some other ways:

https://indianexpress.com/article/lifestyle/health/happiness-hormones-release-them-simple-hacks-seratonin-oxytocin-dopamine-endorphins-8650904/

@Shawn Philips yes I have a medical condition and am on antidepressants for years since 2019 but how did you know it ? Is optimism a solution to my negative thoughts cause I have optimism as my root value which I discovered doing the exercises of Mark Manson's find your purpose course (the 3rd or 4th time )?

Negative thoughts come from how you view yourself,feel about yourself,how much you belive in yourself,how you see the world and how much you lie to yourself 

Negative thoughts are like a mirror of everything i listed above,they just show you yourself but tricky thing most of those are lies that mind want you to be stuck in so its on you to take responsibility to learn about yourself...

You actually want to think negative to protect yourself from life while lying to yourself you want change...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

It’s your thinking process the problem not the thoughts itself. I’ve been there and I know it’s horrible. 
However, if you are on antidepressants I have no idea how you could handle. 
One is clear, the pills (and your diet) depletes your micronutrient levels. There are specific micronutrients very important for the nervous system. I’ve been there and I know it is horrible. 
But to correct you physical health you need to work with a very good functional doctor and that cost a lot. I already invested a fortune but I’m getting better (and I could afford it). 
it’s not that you can’t do it on your own but you need to invest tons of time to study. If you are interested to study, let me know and I will give you ideas. 

On 20/11/2023 at 1:57 PM, Rishabh R said:

Is becoming aware of the thoughts and then focussing on one's career/life purpose the key ?

@Rishabh R My professional opinion is that if you have a lot of negative thoughts, they are caused by an underlying emotional issue rooted in residual pain from childhood. This is what I've seen over and over again in myself and others.

You can try to meditate them away with mindfulness, or replace them with positive thoughts / affirmations, or exercise a lot so you get more serotonin, and all of that is great and it's probably better to do it than to not do it.

But it doesn't eliminate the source.

So, as soon as you stop doing those habits, the negative thoughts would come back.

And lots of people live like this.

They have to meditate, exercise and gratitude journal / do affirmations because otherwise their mind takes them down a dark path.

This is considered normal.

To be constantly on the run from your own mind.

There is another way.

Don't get me wrong: meditation is good, exercise is good, affirmations work on the short term, but if you can eliminate the source of the negative thoughts, then you're not dependent on them.

My mind doesn't torture me even when I don't do any of my healhy habits.

Because I've done a bit of healing my unconscious emotional pain.

It's a more challenging, but permanent solution.

To get a taste, set aside 30 minutes and do this

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/