Someone here

On death and suicide (re-post).

29 posts in this topic

disclaimer:

OK..I've started a thread about suicide yesterday but it got locked because some mod thought it might be dangerous to say this to people here who might be having trouble living in the world . So please understand I'm not advocating suicide or urging anyone to commit suicide.  This is just my thoughts on the subject .

So I said In that post :

the idea that i could be trapped or forced in a situation against my will with no way out is one of the more truly horrifying things that i try not to think about.

certainly the ability to "will myself dead" with no way for anyone else to stop it, would give me a certain comfort.

I'm a proponent of the right to death idea. I have an agreement with myself if I become terminally ill I would exit on my own terms.

You gotta really think why is death and suicide considered bad or wrong ? It's only because of social brainwashing . 

Life is not always better than death . Sometimes the suffering can be really intolerable.   I've actually made peace with the idea of suicide and  that's the only reason I no longer fear death . 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

People can get to situations in life which are extremely difficult, helpless, illnesses with no possibility for cure or any improvement. Situations which life feels like pure hell.

Like being an old, disabled and lonely person with painful and chronic deadly illness and no option for improvement. And this person has to live that way until he dies... He's alive but due to his condition he is actually dying slowly and in great suffering.

In such cases, life is not better than death and people should be given the option (euthanasia) the choice, to die peacefully and humanly.

Edited by Lila9

Let Love In

I believe that if you are honest with yourself and look directly at what you are and what this life is, you will know exactly what the path to follow is, and that path can be suicide.

In our society people die of illness and old age and that is real shit, it is much better to be eaten by a tiger or shot with an arrow. but dying in a hospital at 80 years old after a 3-year incurable illness....that's huge shit that billions of humans constantly go through.

I have always looked for the most optimal option possible in life, taking into account my possibilities. I think that if I see myself like this, the best option would be to jump into the sea with a stone tied to me. Let's see if there are balls. shit, it takes a lot of balls. I am shaking now seeing the real moment of the suicide. the most glorious death. the most worthy, that of the man who decides his destiny, who rises among the flock and walks his way

But, what if death by suicide will never give you peace? What if you end up in hell/purgatory realm and you will be stuck there for eternity? Nobody really knows what happens after death/suicide... Nobody even knows if this reality isn't actually hell/purgatory realm.

20 minutes ago, FourCrossedWands said:

But, what if death by suicide will never give you peace? What if you end up in hell/purgatory realm and you will be stuck there for eternity? Nobody really knows what happens after death/suicide... Nobody even knows if this reality isn't actually hell/purgatory realm.

Nobody knows anyhing. That's why the only way is to follow your feeling. Do what you really want, and forget what other people says.

51 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

I believe that if you are honest with yourself and look directly at what you are and what this life is, you will know exactly what the path to follow is, and that path can be suicide.

In our society people die of illness and old age and that is real shit, it is much better to be eaten by a tiger or shot with an arrow. but dying in a hospital at 80 years old after a 3-year incurable illness....that's huge shit that billions of humans constantly go through.

I have always looked for the most optimal option possible in life, taking into account my possibilities. I think that if I see myself like this, the best option would be to jump into the sea with a stone tied to me. Let's see if there are balls. shit, it takes a lot of balls. I am shaking now seeing the real moment of the suicide. the most glorious death. the most worthy, that of the man who decides his destiny, who rises among the flock and walks his way

No man in the entire eternal history of the universe ever decided his destiny. It will also never happen. How can movie characters deviate from the script.

Just now, strangelooper said:

No man in the entire eternal history of the universe ever decided his destiny. It will also never happen. How can movie characters deviate from the script.

That's just your belief. Mine is that reality is totally free. 

2 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

That's just your belief. Mine is that reality is totally free. 

I don't exist. I'm a message from the creator itself.

56 minutes ago, FourCrossedWands said:

Nobody even knows if this reality isn't actually hell/purgatory realm.

This life is heaven, hell and purgatory all rolled into one. What you prefer to call it is really just a matter of perspective. But chances are that if you drop out before having completed this current level, you will eventually have to repeat it. It's like pushing the pause button while playing a video game... sure, you'll get a bit of a breather and be able to go to the toilet, walk over to the fridge and grab a drink, but eventually you will have to pick it up again from where you left off. Nobody who ever played Super Mario skipped ahead ten levels just by taking a break, right?

But hey, it is your decision. Nobody can make it for you.

Why so serious?

Being serious about suicide is a part of what led me to awaken. If I hadn't thought about it I don't think I would have woke myself up. God said to me not yet let me kill you first. I think eckhart tolle have the same kinda experience where he said God i want to die and God killed him just not physically

Edited by Hojo

I  agree with you all . I would argue that the central question is: Is there something that is "better" than continuing to exist?

Because I don't believe that there is a taboo against suicide..per se. The taboo is against claiming that life is valueless. Which should be so fucking obvious if you dare to contemplate that you gonna die anyways . And life is filled with suffering. So why not end it all already and be done with it all ? Seems better than suffering for fucking 90 years then dying anyways 😆 🤣. 

-Osho

@Someone here

Death is not the end of life. It is a part of it.

That which we call death is simply change of form... nothing more, nothing less. So you are actually dying and being reborn in every single moment.

Why so serious?

4 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

That which we call death is simply change of form

How do you know?  Been dead before? Please elaborate. 

5 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

So you are actually dying and being reborn in every single moment

No . You could say I die when i sleep temporarily .

But the normal waking state everyday life seems a continuous state of existence. I don't experience anything related to death in the waking state .

-Osho

The body is either alive or dead. The "sense of self" doesn't die because it's already not real.

So there's nothing there in which could reincarnate. Emptiness!!

Constricted energy seemingly being a separate someone....but it's maya an illusion of self!

❤️ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

There's really no reason to fear life or death because there isn't anyone actually alive in the body in which could die.

And yet repetitive feelings of fear can still seem to arise in the body, along with any other feelings/emotions. 

❤️ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

6 hours ago, Someone here said:

How do you know?  Been dead before? Please elaborate.

By definition, non-existence does not exist. So existence can never dissappear, it can only change form. And what you call "me" (or "others", or any other conceptual label) is simply existence. There is nothing else.

Why so serious?

Contemplating what life and death are is difficult. As a species we work very hard to avoid confronting the reality of death.

On 11/17/2023 at 2:30 PM, Bazooka Jesus said:

This life is heaven, hell and purgatory all rolled into one. What you prefer to call it is really just a matter of perspective. But chances are that if you drop out before having completed this current level, you will eventually have to repeat it. It's like pushing the pause button while playing a video game... sure, you'll get a bit of a breather and be able to go to the toilet, walk over to the fridge and grab a drink, but eventually you will have to pick it up again from where you left off. Nobody who ever played Super Mario skipped ahead ten levels just by taking a break, right?

But hey, it is your decision. Nobody can make it for you.

But aren't I the creator of this video game? So surely I can decide to end it or skip ahead without having to repeat it. But even if I couldn't, what levels are there to complete in actual eternity? Technically I would have already played this one an infinite amount of times and all the potential new ones. No matter which way you put it, if you dig deep enough suicide is absolutely fine and even preferable in a lot of cases.

9 hours ago, UnbornTao said:

Contemplating what life and death are is difficult. As a species we work very hard to avoid confronting the reality of death.

there is no such thing as death.

Before your life there were nothing , from nothing something happened.

I m more worry about being absolutely immortal in the most pragmatic sense and respawning infinitely than being "dead", whatever that means.

No such thing as death in any cases.

You're already dead, life is a dream, there is no point in killing yourself, because you're already dead.

Edited by AerisVahnEphelia

nowhere in the bio  @VahnAeris 

3 minutes ago, AerisVahnEphelia said:

You're already dead, life is a dream, there is no point in killing yourself, because you're already dead.

I guess it's one dead person telling another dead person that they're already dead. It's fucking hilarious sometimes this thing called life - or death.

The "I" wants to know it's not. So, it seeks the end of itself. Hurray, there never was an "I".