Thought Art

27 Year Old Spiritual Coach Drowning in Debt

24 posts in this topic

If you are a young entrepreneur, or you are interested in spirituality make sure you watch this. This is what happens when you are so lost in new age bullshit you can’t think straight. 

Money doesn’t care about your feelings, your spirituality or your identity. It’s a skill, and it’s important you understand debt, earnings, taxes, interest rates, budgets, numbers, etc. Do not skip your financial education. It’s really the most fundamental skill set for a self actualizing persons. Chances are you do want some degree of wealth, shelter, peace of mind, etc. Having good financial habits, psychology, and just brute understanding of how our economic system works will save you years of paying the idiot taxes that is loans, credits, etc. 

Your ability to endure understanding boring and technical fields like personal finance is a worthwhile sacrifice and investment into yourself. If you are a teenager or in your 20s this is number one!! 

Understand first the brutal nature of finance and money and then, understanding this harsh reality build your life. Not the other way around.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

The more I watch these the more I realize how important contemplation, study, facing truth and holism is. Part of the reason people get so fucked financially is that they aren’t seeing how their financial behaviours come together and how that affects the whole of their financial health and wéllbeing.

◭"89"

Yes, there're a bunch of stupid "spiritual" new age people who are ungrounded and lost in fantasy, and that attitude transfers to their money situation.

I would say, in my 20s I was pretty stupid. Pretty deluded. I was/ am pretty immature and inexperienced. Dealing with my trauma unskilled ways. I HAVE at least exposed myself to lord of experiences and tonnes of failures. 

I’m going through a deep maturing process and contemplating maturity daily. Which, I think would be more valuable for lots of us instead of « God » and all this 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

44 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

I would say, in my 20s I was pretty stupid. Pretty deluded. I was/ am pretty immature and inexperienced. Dealing with my trauma unskilled ways. I HAVE at least exposed myself to lord of experiences and tonnes of failures. 

I’m going through a deep maturing process and contemplating maturity daily. Which, I think would be more valuable for lots of us instead of « God » and all this 

Definitely. I pursue both the absolute and transformation, it is helpful to do so. Leo's video on maturity is gold, worth checking out. I'm also young, arrogant and stupid in many ways like every young person, growing up ain't easy and not everyone does it.

Good luck on your process, enjoy it!

@UnbornTao I'd rather be debt free than God Realized.... ahaha

I'll get it all over time.

◭"89"

1 hour ago, Thought Art said:

@UnbornTao I'd rather be debt free than God Realized.... ahaha

I'll get it all over time.

:D 

I don't know, this guy's energy is very off and his whole overview is not very holistic, screams blue and orange to me

I would never follow what this guy preaches on his channel, despite it being conventionally "smart"

44 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

I don't know, this guy's energy is very off and his whole overview is not very holistic, screams blue and orange to me

I would never follow what this guy preaches on his channel, despite it being conventionally "smart"

I didn't watch it to be honest, not interested. I just commented on the tendency of so called "spiritual" people of being lost in fantasy, ungrounded. It's better if the conversation is about this point rather than on any particular individual.

I did not watch the videos but I am 24 and this applies to me although this is a double-edged sword.

I went to college on scholarship (came from a very poor family), graduated in a hard science from a top 50 university (global) and secured a job with Abbott's Laboratories, I was making a lot of money, up to 80k euros as a 21 year old. 

I was deeply traumatized and already very spiritual. It got to a point where I just walked out of the job, I lived at home so I stashed up a lot of cash and lived off it until now almost 24. During my time off, I did 1000s of hours of meditation, kriya yoga, went to trauma retreats, spiritual retreats, took some psychedelics, and completely transformed my life, I also read 100s of books, traveled a lot and it was a great experience.

But now, I am almost 24 and almost out of money. I am trying to apply jobs but my experience is old and I may have to go and work a 'normal' job. I don't want to go back into the pharmaceutical world, I know it won't make me happy but anyways it seems like they won't take me back.

Maybe I could have saved more money, sorted my career first etc... but my trauma was so extreme and so deep. There was enmeshment, complex trauma, a lack of proper self-identity and so on that I did not know who I was, so this three year off work changed my life. Just doing 2000 hours of kriya yoga was immense. But now, I am in a financial position that is tough. So it is not that simple. I could also have focused my energies on a business but without intense healing, it would definitely have been a heap of shit and inauthentic.

This stuff seems quite tricky, if I didn't do this transformation work full-time, it could have taken 10 years just to do as much as I did, on the other hand, if I did it slowly, I would own an apartment now but would have been very unhappy. I think the way I did it was best but now I have to start making that dolla. Maybe I was lost in fantasy or maybe I wasn't. I am not sure.

There is also that whole world of manifestation in the spiritual world, where people talk so much shit about free money, and so on. I think that is pretty delusional. I am beginning to learn more about life purpose, financial stability and so on now. Any recommendations for books or mentors?

I don’t think it has anything to do with spirituality.  Some people just have problems managing money, just like other people are alcoholics or drug addicts.  I pursue spiritual transformation but I am financially independent and don’t have to work anymore.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

I don't know anyone with debt.

I'm Dutch.

This is not meant as an offense to anyone in the US, but it appears to be more normalized there.

Perhaps because of the student loans fiasco, perhaps because of the strange system of getting a good "credit score" by having credit cards, and borrowing and paying them off regularly.

Where I'm from, nobody regularly uses credit cards, only when they are required for online payments (and we can buy almost everything online with a payment system that just links to a debit card - no debt necessary)

We build a good credit score by never having had debt, which seems more logical and sound to me.

Although if you can avoid the college debt trap (or pay it off quickly), and just not use credit cards, I don't see a reason why you couldn't avoid this problem altogether.

Buying things on debt should just not be something you consider a possibility.

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

On 11/12/2023 at 0:53 PM, Thought Art said:

If you are a young entrepreneur, or you are interested in spirituality make sure you watch this. This is what happens when you are so lost in new age bullshit you can’t think straight. 

Money doesn’t care about your feelings, your spirituality or your identity. It’s a skill, and it’s important you understand debt, earnings, taxes, interest rates, budgets, numbers, etc. Do not skip your financial education. It’s really the most fundamental skill set for a self actualizing persons. Chances are you do want some degree of wealth, shelter, peace of mind, etc. Having good financial habits, psychology, and just brute understanding of how our economic system works will save you years of paying the idiot taxes that is loans, credits, etc. 

Your ability to endure understanding boring and technical fields like personal finance is a worthwhile sacrifice and investment into yourself. If you are a teenager or in your 20s this is number one!! 

Understand first the brutal nature of finance and money and then, understanding this harsh reality build your life. Not the other way around.

Completely agree.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

I'm glad that I didn't radicalize myself by using this forum. I was addicted to it and could have completely destroyed my life. I wasted my time reading through every topic I could and thinking that I could solve my problems by just reading and reach some ultimate understanding of reality. How stupid of me! I still learn from here, but without bullshitting myself too much.

Also, @Thought Art thanks for sharing that video. Saw a short clip of his videos, very interesting. Gonna watch them.

Edited by Understander

1 hour ago, flowboy said:

I don't know anyone with debt.

I'm Dutch.

This is not meant as an offense to anyone in the US, but it appears to be more normalized there.

Perhaps because of the student loans fiasco, perhaps because of the strange system of getting a good "credit score" by having credit cards, and borrowing and paying them off regularly.

Where I'm from, nobody regularly uses credit cards, only when they are required for online payments (and we can buy almost everything online with a payment system that just links to a debit card - no debt necessary)

We build a good credit score by never having had debt, which seems more logical and sound to me.

Although if you can avoid the college debt trap (or pay it off quickly), and just not use credit cards, I don't see a reason why you couldn't avoid this problem altogether.

Buying things on debt should just not be something you consider a possibility.

In America, debt is encouraged to stimulate the economy.  You can buy a car with almost nothing down.  The same applies to houses.  The whole system is set up to encourage the use of credit cards.   I worked in the Netherlands for several years.  I was surprised when the apartment I rented didn’t have a floor – there was only concrete.   I was told that was because the Dutch rent a place long term and fix it up the way they like.   You just have to put it back to the same condition when you leave.   I did have a credit card to use when I traveled to other countries in Europe, but only used the debit card in the Netherlands.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

The title is a clickbait. The lady in the second video was earn 6k a month. Why would she die in poverty? 

@hyruga her debt. Did you watch it? 6000 gross income. Has loads of debt, barely any savings and hasn’t paid her taxes for like 3 years. Neither of these women properly set aside their taxes, and when it comes time to pay will… yes be in more debt. 

The issue is more a matter of f they keep their current behaviours up. Will they change? If they don’t they are screwed because they are financially ignorant. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"