enzyme

Scared to micro-dose shrooms

15 posts in this topic

I've recently had the notion to resume taking shrooms but only in low doses (0.4g dried is usually just enough for me).

Although the last few times I've measured and been about to take them I've always had an overwhelming anxiety come over me.

I've never had a bad experience before except the one time I did 2g dried.  Since then I rarely ever do above 1g.

Does anyone else still experience fear despite having taken them before?  Would you still take a low dose in spite of being apprehensive or is it best to leave it?

My body displays symptoms of anxiety prior to a trip but that’s usually because when I travel using shrooms, they are few and far between. It is the ego that is afraid of dissolving but once it’s done I always facepalm having forgotten how beautiful it is on the other side. I can journey into the mind space with or without a substance so taking less ( what I tried to do last time) didn’t exactly reduce the intensity of the experience. Like you were saying I normally go with 2g or just under. This time I was given 0.8g….. still ended up in white light or god mind space although what that trip taught me was to be more aware of even my most subtle beliefs. I believed I had a blockage preventing me from journeying because I could feel the anxiety or tension in the pit of my stomach. The blockage turned out to be a ‘belief’, the belief there was such a thing as a blockage. It was merely tension being caused by a resistance to just feeling and going with the flow. Insight can come easily in a flow state. Not trying to achieve anything but just being and observing. Once I opened up I was able to master my mind and go into any space I set an intention to go into so… white light. From there I ‘create’ the scenario or thing I am contemplating and understand it’s mechanism from being its creator. You can face your fear and accept whatever happens happens and deal with it in the moment. Like a cold shower. Don’t think about it and create resistance and anxiety… get in there and deal with it when you’re in there. Feel it, recontextualise the experience. Study it as opposed to reacting.

start with microdose and work your way up to what is a comfortable space for your mind. If it helps you be at ease then always have someone sitting with you ( but not interfering) to look after your body. 

1 hour ago, enzyme said:

I've recently had the notion to resume taking shrooms but only in low doses (0.4g dried is usually just enough for me).

Although the last few times I've measured and been about to take them I've always had an overwhelming anxiety come over me.

I've never had a bad experience before except the one time I did 2g dried.  Since then I rarely ever do above 1g.

Does anyone else still experience fear despite having taken them before?  Would you still take a low dose in spite of being apprehensive or is it best to leave it?

45 minutes ago, Adrian colby said:

My body displays symptoms of anxiety prior to a trip but that’s usually because when I travel using shrooms, they are few and far between. It is the ego that is afraid of dissolving but once it’s done I always facepalm having forgotten how beautiful it is on the other side. I can journey into the mind space with or without a substance so taking less ( what I tried to do last time) didn’t exactly reduce the intensity of the experience. Like you were saying I normally go with 2g or just under. This time I was given 0.8g….. still ended up in white light or god mind space although what that trip taught me was to be more aware of even my most subtle beliefs. I believed I had a blockage preventing me from journeying because I could feel the anxiety or tension in the pit of my stomach. The blockage turned out to be a ‘belief’, the belief there was such a thing as a blockage. It was merely tension being caused by a resistance to just feeling and going with the flow. Insight can come easily in a flow state. Not trying to achieve anything but just being and observing. Once I opened up I was able to master my mind and go into any space I set an intention to go into so… white light. From there I ‘create’ the scenario or thing I am contemplating and understand it’s mechanism from being its creator. You can face your fear and accept whatever happens happens and deal with it in the moment. Like a cold shower. Don’t think about it and create resistance and anxiety… get in there and deal with it when you’re in there. Feel it, recontextualise the experience. Study it as opposed to reacting.

start with microdose and work your way up to what is a comfortable space for your mind. If it helps you be at ease then always have someone sitting with you ( but not interfering) to look after your body. 

you shouldnt even notice a micro dose, you just get mildly happier

Edited by Hojo

It’s very unlikely you’ll have a significantly bad experience when microdosing, the dose is just simply too little. You just have to get use to the feeling.

try starting with .25g of shrooms, I personally think .4 is on the heavier end for a microdose. You should aim to enhance your sober state, not experience any kind of “trip”

I use to microdose a lot with lsd, and the most I would go is 8mcg, however 3-6mcg was my sweet spot. It’s a tiny dose but I think if you go much higher then you are defeating the point of microdosing.

I will add though that I’m very sensitive to psychedelics and can notice a dose of even 2mcg, which is absurdly small. 

figure out what works for you. If you want to be able to sustain microdosing for longer periods, ie, multiple months at a time. You definitely need to keep doses as low as possible.

1 hour ago, Hojo said:

Of course… in theory. But that’s far from the case when I do it. 🤣. Possibly the liberty caps are very potent this year. A friend went looking too early and only found 3. Instead of wasting them he shoved them in his gob and ended up sitting in the car for several hours unable to leave. Said it was like 3g cubensis. 

Keep in mind that if you have some psychological issues they may be slightly amplified.

If this happenes (and also if not )

I highly suggest you to practice self love, feeling your feelings, and being true to your self in general. Microdosing will than make much more sense then.

For example in my case, the problem was anger, nasty, uncontrolable bursts of anger.

When it comes, i would force myself to sit down, close my eyes (not meditate) and observe my feelings. 

After doing this a few times I was suprised to discover that behind all that anger was strong feeling of abandoment. Now i work on it.

Edited by shree

What would be interesting would be to measure prolactin before and during. 🤔

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

On 2023-10-31 at 1:25 PM, Hojo said:

This. If you are experiencing come up anxiety(which is normal; your job is to accept that on a macro dose), you are taking too much. Cut your dose in half and if you still feel anxious cut that one in half again and so on.

Sailing on the ceiling 

The microdose is telling you that you have shit anxiety, so it's doing its job. 

If you are having uncomfortable feelings on your microdoses then you're taking too high of a dose.

I enjoy low doses just fine, but I dont think of them as micros, I think of them more like mini-trips.

Well, I did for a while feel fear only when I was doing massive doses. It is normal to feel fear or a bit of anxiety which is a good thing. I don't really feel fear anymore. You have to overcome your fears and maybe start off with 0.1 of a gram and slowly build your way up to what you are comfortable with. I microdosed for about 6 months sometimes I would overdo it but it didn't bother me. You have to find that  harmonious balance of mind, and body, that works for you. So everyone is different and one microdose for you may be different for someone else. So you may need more or you may need less and you will find that out for yourself. I did the Stamets Stack about 3 years ago. This consists of psilocybin, Lion’s mane, and niacin combined to improve cognition and brain health. Niacin also known as Vitamin B3, is the generic name for nicotinic acid. Niacin can carry the molecules of psilocybin and lion's mane across the blood-brain barrier and distribute them into the endpoints of the nervous system, enhancing their benefits. So four days on and three days off to avoid building tolerance to psilocybin. Complete a four-week cycle and take a two to four-week break before restarting the process. I just had it 4 days on then I would take a few days off, and then I may even take a low dose on the weekends. I would not recommend this but it's entirely up to you. Psilocybin mushrooms – low dose = 0.1 g, medium dose = 0.1–0.3 g, high dose is  ≥  0.3 g of dried mushrooms. Beginners or those users trying Stamet's stack for the first time should start with low or medium-dose recommendations.
Lion’s mane mushrooms – 5 to 20 grams of the 1% concentration.
Niacin (Vitamin B3) – 100 to 200 milligrams. I would do 0.4 to 0.5 of a gram every 3 to 4 days then in another 2 days to what I would call a small dose of 2 to 3 grams on the weekend but that is me everyone will be different. Niacin can cause an allergic reaction and can interact with alcohol and other drugs like antidiabetic medications.
For health reasons, it is not recommended for people with Liver disease; Kidney disease; Diabetes; Gout; or Peptic ulcer disease.
There are few studies about niacin in pregnant women, lactating mothers, seniors, and children. Whoops when I did a few big doses I would take niacin did not know it could interact with alc.

Edited by Jehovah increases

Love is the λόγος' of humanity. The very important thing is to Love all flora and fauna of all kinds of species that inhabit the environment. Whether you call it Mother Earth or Gaia etc." To love all beings in the world and Universe with unconditionally Love and unbiased. Humanity doesn't mean only love it includes compassion peace and being kind generous to one another and non-judgmental and having more respect for others, especially your elders. Trying to always see the best in people. Being more authentic and more genuine and having moral integrity and values. Try to think for yourselves somewhere along the way humans have lost the ability to independent thought. Forgive all, especially yourselves, and always speak well of everyone because you never know what they're going through or have been through. Always be there for your family and friends and above all just be you and recognize and embrace your individuality, your own unique beautiful self. Try and love yourself a bit more every day and never stop dreaming or using your wonderful human Imagination.❤♾❤?    

On 02. 11. 2023. at 3:23 PM, MsNobody said:

Half a gram is not a microdose.

Where does it say? :D