Leo Gura

New War In Israel / Gaza

7,527 posts in this topic

@Merkabah Star Food brings people together ? 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

6 hours ago, Juressic said:

They should keep in mind that Muslims will conquer the world in peace anyway.

That is what Muslims think, that they will conquer the world by reproducing more and expanding , since by the force they have proven that they are weaker, and thus be able to subjugate all the women in the world. Since true Muslims are men, women are just slaves. It sounds stupid but it's what they think (Islam is above all deeply stupid) . They will never achieve it, on the contrary, I would say that they will be expelled from Europe. Countries like France and Sweden will wake up to the fact that they have the enemy at home.

Edited by Breakingthewall

"Colonialism is not a thinking machine, nor a body endowed with reasoning faculties. It is violence in its natural state, and it will only yield when confronted with greater violence” ~Frantz Fanon

"The wise seek wisdom, a fool has found it."

@Breakingthewall You clearly have no idea about the essence of Islam. You’re one of those crude fellas who base their opinions on straw-man arguments. Get nuanced, fella. 

"The wise seek wisdom, a fool has found it."

13 hours ago, Nabd said:

Finally someone gets it.

But the average salary in Syria is actually $15 a month. Over 95% of the population are in poverty and many people would lose some fingers in order to live in Gaza. Or maybe sell a kidney and move to the west bank.

Palestinians have it good compared to Syria, both in Gaza and in the west bank when you compare casualties and income even since the 1948. But the difference is the perpetrators in Palestine are Jews, while in Syria its Russia, Iran, Hizballa and some Palestinians axis of resistance who actively killed Palestinians.

There are a lot of lies surrounding this conflict which is what makes it complicated.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Completely irrelevant to the actual war, but I find it fascinating how I made the following post on September 26… 11 days before this war started.

September is the 9th month.

9/11
At least 260 killed at the music festival. 

I don’t condone conspiracy theories… just my imagination at play here ?

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That's not true. Israel gets plenty of criticism for killing civilians.

How many sanctions have been put on Israel like they have been put on Iran or Russia? Iran is not even killing anyone and is more sanctioned.

How many Israeli leaders or military have been trialed for war crimes?

Saying "this is bad" in TikTok is not the same as actual punitive measures being taken against a country.

Look at how much non western countries get punished when they do anything slightly "bad" and compare it with Israel.

Heck how is that Iran is more sanctioned than Israel baffles me in itself. I dont see them invading nor killing anyone.

How is that Saudi Arabia can behead 20 of its own citizens openly and nobody talks about "human rights" but when it comes to Iran they are the first to be vocal about it.

The double standards are immense here.

What you have to keep in mind that all military activity results in some degree of collateral damage. That isn't a mistake, that's the nature of war. Civilians always die and there are always war crimes. The question is to what degree and how to minimize it. But you cannot reduce it to zero. So it is unrealistic to expect Israel military to commit zero war crimes.

The problem is that Hamas fights in a way that has zero restraint at all, so they lose any right to complain at that point.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura From what I understand, civilians are not the target, but Israel will go in very aggressively and uncompromisingly. 

The civilian population will flee but after Israel reaches them cornered I have no I idea where those civilians will go and what will happen to them. All complicated by Hamas being constantly amongst the civilians. They will have no qualms about fighting in civilian clothes. 

Edited by Vrubel

@Karmadhi Israel actually warn civilians and tell them to evacuade, but hamas stress them to not evacuade. Hamas wants them to be its own human sheild so when they will die, hamas will use this to show it to the world.

This is how toxic hamas is and this is who we are dealing with. Unfortunately in this situation its impossible to not harm anybody who is innocent but I agree we have to do the maximum effort to fight selectively as we can, but in the other hand Israel doesnt have the privilage to not deactivate this organization.

After this trauma, without deep response from Israel and without a real game change in the region, Psychological changes in Israelis minds and the nations around us might put a serious danger to Israel chances to still exist.

Now this is really a no choice war.

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

22 minutes ago, Vrubel said:

From what I understand, civilians are not the target, but Israel will go in very aggressively and uncompromisingly. 

Of course. At this point many Palestinian civilians will die, similar to Iraq invasion.

Hamas really screwed over their own people. It was a huge mistake for the Palestinians to allow themselves to be lead by such leadership. That kind of leadership hurts Palestinians more than Israel does. You can't let yourself be lead by suicidal people, otherwise they take you with them to hell.

The question is, how to get healthy leadership for Palestinians after this war? That's gonna be so hard.

Edited by Leo Gura

51 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

What you have to keep in mind that all military activity results in some degree of collateral damage

Israel bombs civilians in purpose and cuts down water supplies. They are even worse than Russians which the west always condemns for war crimes.

They said "free our hostages and we will give water again to 2 million civilians trapped in Gaza". How is that not a war crime I do not understand. How is that most dying in Gaza bombings are civilians and a crazy number of childreen. If they got such advanced precise weapons' they would keep it to a minimum but they do not care. You got many reports from there saying they bomb indiscriminately. 

I can assure you if Russia did to Palestine what Israel does they would get 10 times more shit.

Since you have studied russian conflict well, can you tell me why Russia gets way more shit from the international community than Israel does?

Edited by Karmadhi

25 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

Now this is really a no choice war.

If Israel treated Palestinians humanely for last 70 years this would not happen in first place. It is a consequence of decades of bullying, bombings, taking land and ethnic cleansing. Check in 2014. 30 or something israeli soldiers dead compared to 2000 in gaza (more than half civilian). If this does not show you something is off, I do not know what will. 

I am against killing civilians in general and Hamas is fucked up but I totally understand where they are coming from given their conditions, upbringings etc. 

4 hours ago, HMD said:

@Breakingthewall You clearly have no idea about the essence of Islam. You’re one of those crude fellas who base their opinions on straw-man arguments. Get nuanced, fella. 

What is the essence of Islam?

@Karmadhi Please see also what Lila wrote. Israel actually takes care and hospitalized the terrorists it catches including from the last event! Also they have great condition in the prison they can even get a degree.

Many israelis complain that Israel is TOO humanic to them. This is an extremely common conversation here.

Yes this is true that the occupation of the west bank and the friction with the palestines IS corrupting.

But please be nuanced. Israel is much much more complicated than you think.

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

19 minutes ago, Karmadhi said:

Israel treated Palestinians humanely for last 70 years this would not happen in first place

You can always treat others in a more humane and better way, but it is difficult to do so with someone who wants your disappearance and hates you on that level. If instead of Israel it had been another Muslim country, they would have solved the problem in a hard way, like Turkey with the Armenians or Iraq with the Kurds.

Edited by Breakingthewall