Leo Gura

New War In Israel / Gaza

7,527 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

Yea, it shows you what the people are focused on. Let me start a thread about Love. It'll probably consist of 2 pages. Ok, let's hear it, we need to know what's going on in the world and be concerned. 

Let me guess. You are in the safety and comfort of a first world country with reasonable prosperity and opportunity? 

I dont think you even know what love is. Keep watching Disney channel and Netflix until you finally grow up 

7 hours ago, Sabth said:

After all you've done you think peace is an option? Fuck. I think the Palestinians will only have hatred (and disgust) towards the Israel. 

They will forever be against each other to infinity. Both of them hate each other very much. 

I said it before. They think they are so superior that even their tyranny is somehow a blessing

Then when the other side wants revenge they are shocked to the core

They are truly evil and insane 

6 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

Yea, it shows you what the people are focused on. Let me start a thread about Love. It'll probably consist of 2 pages. Ok, let's hear it, we need to know what's going on in the world and be concerned. 

I will post on your love thread.. 

♥️

Please stay with us to A moment in History 🏤 📆

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzrJyEyNbhm/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Screenshot_20231117-090427_Instagram.jpg

Edited by Nivsch

🇮🇱💛 Israel finished 5th at Eurovision and 2nd(!) in public vote with 'Hurricane' talks on oct7th. Israel's performance Here

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF.

3 hours ago, Nivsch said:

Shows how important Israel is for people here ;)

I love Israel.

I know many people love to hate Israel.

But Israel always was strong and advanced depiste all the haters.

And it will be so. They think that the more they hate on Israel, the faster it will be ruined.

But the truth is that their hatred around the world fuels Israel to be even better and stronger.

Which causes them to hate Israel even more, which makes Israel even more better and stronger 🙈

Let Love In

20 minutes ago, Lila9 said:

I love Israel.

I know many people love to hate Israel.

But Israel always was strong and advanced depiste all the haters.

And it will be so. They think that the more they hate on Israel, the faster it will be ruined.

But the truth is that their hatred around the world fuels Israel to be even better and stronger.

Which causes them to hate Israel even more, which makes Israel even more better and stronger 🙈

A vicous circle 😂

It will end in a black hole formation.

Edited by Nivsch

🇮🇱💛 Israel finished 5th at Eurovision and 2nd(!) in public vote with 'Hurricane' talks on oct7th. Israel's performance Here

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF.

12 hours ago, Vrubel said:

I think you'll find it interesting to know that many Palestinians considered themselves Syrians before Israel, and referred to themselves as such. 'Palestinian' as a distinct national identity was only formed in reaction to the Jews settling the land. 

Also there are many 'Palestinians' who are Egyptians, Jordanians.

Arafat, the first leader of what is called PNA was born and grew up in Egypt.

12 hours ago, Vrubel said:

The reason Israel was established and not Palestine is because the Israelis had a clear identity and were very energetic about their goals. The Palestinians still had to figure out who they were in a sense. Before 1967, Arabs had full sovereignty on the West Bank and Gaza and yet there was no Palestine. Nor did the Palestinians demand sovereignty from the Egyptians and Jordanians. Jordan was basically a Palestinian state with a big Palestinian majority, they were just not the ruling elite. 

Because Palestinians never had real nationalistic intentions, as you said, they define themselves as Palestinians against the Jews in Israel but in reality they see themselves as part of the Arab world in the middle east, like part of some big Arab tribe. So if they are under the Jordanian or Egyptian occupation that would be fine for them.

Even their flag is not different from other Arab flags. The Palestinian flag is the old flag of Jordan.

In order to have really nationalistic intentions a group needs to be at least orange in SD and the Palestinians as a group are not there yet.

Their excuse in fighting Israel is that they want to have soverty as a nation, but actually their Muslim Arab pride was hurt because Jews won them in the war and they cannot accept the lost against Jews.

Let Love In

1 minute ago, Nivsch said:

A vicous circle 😂

Definitely 😉

Let Love In

Screenshot_20231117-095558_Gallery.jpg

On 11/16/2023 at 10:19 AM, Jacob Morres said:

@Lila9 are you as concerned about anti-muslim sentiment as  antisemitism? 

How have you opposed anti-Muslim sentiment in ur life? 

Islam is a religion and like many religions it's suffecating, misogynist, hypocratic, self righteous, ignorant.

I have respect to any religion but I don't want any religion to control the world, I don't want to live under Muslim Shriiet, I don't want to be forced to it. I don't like the fact that there are Muslim terrorists like Hamas, ISIS, Muslim Brotherhood who believe that everybody must to be a Muslim and they would kill innocents just because they are not Muslims.or not following Islam rules. This is scary to be surrounded by people who prefer you dead than non-Muslim.

I don't care them practicing Islam peacefully and leave others alone.

In fact, moderate Muslims many times are kind and generous people. The Arab and the Muslim culture has beautiful and intresting aspects in it, if we ignore the toxic and the religious dogma.

I also love the mystical Islam, the Sufism, this is a very wise, beautiful and inspiring for me personally.

But I don't love the fact that the Arab Muslim world doesn't like Jews and Israel, I don't see a rational reason for that, only primitive and religious. I don't understand why they can't allow one Jewish country to exist while they have so many land to be Muslim and practice Islam.

This is the the aspect in Islam that I don't like, the belief that Islam is superior to everything and that everyone should be a Muslim.

They want Europe and America to be that way at the end, they don't appreciate that people have the right and the soverty to believe in what they want to believe and that not believing in Islam doesn't make you some bad person who deserves death.

Let Love In

@Nabd Well said. National consciousness wasn’t a thing till Europeans brought it about. Even when the Brits left Africa they drew borders in and between tribal lands which caused much chaos, confusion and infighting over resources.

Palestinians may have not had a nation yet they had a land - the lack of a nation state with a flag doesn’t justify the expulsion and establishment of a nation state with a flag by an outside group. Especially if that nation state is in the name of a minority of that land ie Jewish.

By that logic the massacring of native Indians to establish America was justified - because they didn’t formally have a state with a flag inked in worded documents. Legal doesn’t always mean right. 

Native American tribes engaged in conflicts with European settlers and later with the United States as westward expansion occurred. Were they terrorists? Everything the Palestinians do can be framed as aggressive if people omit the base fact that they are occupied.

Edited by zazen

2 hours ago, Nabd said:

Multiculturalism is invented by Europeans but lived by middle easterners for thousands of years.

I agree with a lot of your points. Though Multiculturalism in the West is Post-nationalist while in the Middle East, it's pre-nationalistic. The diversity in the Middle East is also much more vulnerable to all kinds of tensions and wars. Being a minority group in the Middle East is definitely not easy. Even though people can live friendly on a day-to-day basis, you can't do away with all the political differences of these groups, and when it comes down to it and tensions erupt they will be more loyal to their subgroup than to the larger country. That's one of the reasons Arab dictators tried so hard to unite their lands by demonizing and blaming everything on Israel. United by common hatred if you will.

Of course, this doesn't work because it takes love to unite. Arabs talk all the time about being brothers but in reality, it's all extremely superficial. An Alawite must feel a real meaningful connection with a Kurd and Sunnis and Shia must care for each other as if they belong to the same people. You don't see this happening in reality and that's why they have no qualms about brutally killing each other in civil wars. So for now the Middle East definitely needs some more stage blue nationalistic uniting. 

Also, I want to make the point Israel might be literally without exaggeration the most diverse country on Earth. The Nakba happened because Jews needed to have their own land. Period. Why should they accept living with Arabs as a minority,  when they treat each other so badly. Furthermore, even before Israel there were massacres of Jews, like the one in Hebron where a "native" Jewish community was attacked in their homes.

Edited by Vrubel

2 hours ago, Nabd said:

European nationalism is to wake up everyday and see people wearing the same clothes and speaking the same language and everyone looks similar. This is not how life is in the middle east. You wake up and you see people wearing different clothes and speaking different accents and languages and you don't blink twice. 

Not really. There are so many immigrants here now. So many languages when i go on the tram. Different religions, clothes etc

2 hours ago, Lila9 said:

Islam is a religion and like many religions it's suffecating, misogynist, hypocratic, self righteous, ignorant.

I have respect to any religion but I don't want any religion to control the world, I don't want to live under Muslim Shriiet, I don't want to be forced to it. I don't like the fact that there are Muslim terrorists like Hamas, ISIS, Muslim Brotherhood who believe that everybody must to be a Muslim and they would kill innocents just because they are not Muslims.or not following Islam rules. This is scary to be surrounded by people who prefer you dead than non-Muslim.

I don't care them practicing Islam peacefully and leave others alone.

In fact, moderate Muslims many times are kind and generous people. The Arab and the Muslim culture has beautiful and intresting aspects in it, if we ignore the toxic and the religious dogma.

I also love the mystical Islam, the Sufism, this is a very wise, beautiful and inspiring for me personally.

But I don't love the fact that the Arab Muslim world doesn't like Jews and Israel, I don't see a rational reason for that, only primitive and religious. I don't understand why they can't allow one Jewish country to exist while they have so many land to be Muslim and practice Islam.

This is the the aspect in Islam that I don't like, the belief that Islam is superior to everything and that everyone should be a Muslim.

They want Europe and America to be that way at the end, they don't appreciate that people have the right and the soverty to believe in what they want to believe and that not believing in Islam doesn't make you some bad person who deserves death.

I agree and these islamists etc 

often use terms like “anti colonialism” “anti western”

to spread their backwards ideology, they also use things like free speech, right to protest, democracy as tools for their bs

As we love color coding people so much what stage of development is this below:

4 hours ago, Lila9 said:

Israel is a nation and like many nations identifying too much with nationalism can be suffocating, limiting, divisive.  We can respect a nation, but no people should live under oppressive apartheid like conditions. I don't like the fact that there is state terrorism whether it be Western or Eastern. Scary to live in such a world.

There’s no better way to make people want to attack you in whatever way they can than bombing their neighborhoods, killing and displacing their loved ones, and dominating them with an oppressive military occupation. All of which Israel has been doing to the Palestinians for generations.

12 minutes ago, Nabd said:

I agree and of course there were sometimes hatred between different groups of people but I think these tensions never escalated to what Europeans did to each other during the 30 years war for example or even more recent events like wars between European countries or WW1 and WW2. 

Generally speaking people in the middle east rarely fought each other in the way Europeans did until France and UK came and started turning the different groups on each other like supporting minorities and relying on them to control the majorities and the nice thing is that people sometimes were aware of these things for example the first prime minister of Syria was a Christian and he declared "If France won't give us independence because they want to protect Christians, then we will become Muslims".

The Druze of Syria were actually the ones who rebelled against the Ottomans and again against the French in the great Syrian revolt of 1925. They actively sought out to unite Syria and their leader then became a symbol of Syrian identity today and the Druze flags are not seen as a sectarian flag but as a symbol of liberty so as you see these kind of things happened alone without anyone intervening but when Europeans came they actively worked on divide and conquer.

Similar thing happened in Lebanon where the Orthodox community largely opposed the creation of Lebanon as a Christian nation but the French relied heavily on Maronite elites to force the issue so its a mixed bag and it depends on the awareness of the elites at the time but I think it all boils down to major powers exploiting colonies.

That was not the case long ago but in the middle east it is the norm. 

Damascus is known as a city for everyone and even black people were welcome. I don't think it was the same thing in Germany in the 40s for example.

Well yea obviously the middle east is a melting pot between asia, africa and europe because of geography

while europe is a melting pot of other things

16 hours ago, Sabth said:

After all you've done you think peace is an option? Fuck. I think the Palestinians will only have hatred (and disgust) towards the Israel. 

They will forever be against each other to infinity. Both of them hate each other very much. 

Maybe, but it's not like they were very fond of the Israelis before this.

The reality is that Hamas put Israel in an impossible position. Of course they needed a strong retaliation. You can't massacre ~1200 Israelis, kidnap 200 and then turn the other cheek. The Middle East is no picnic. A sign of weakness like this will invite many more attacks. You can say what you will about the 2006 Lebanon war, but it has kept Hezbollah and the IDF out of a major conflict for almost 2 decades. The Lebanese do not want to deal with another 2006. It is a deterrent, whether you like it or not.

So now that Israel has responded, as it always was going to - you have to take the best of the worst options. That is what is happening, the removal of Hamas. Hopefully something good comes of it. Is there any guarantee? Of course not. We'll see what happens.

55 minutes ago, hundreth said:

Maybe, but it's not like they were very fond of the Israelis before this.

The reality is that Hamas put Israel in an impossible position. Of course they needed a strong retaliation. You can't massacre ~1200 Israelis, kidnap 200 and then turn the other cheek. The Middle East is no picnic. A sign of weakness like this will invite many more attacks. You can say what you will about the 2006 Lebanon war, but it has kept Hezbollah and the IDF out of a major conflict for almost 2 decades. The Lebanese do not want to deal with another 2006. It is a deterrent, whether you like it or not.

So now that Israel has responded, as it always was going to - you have to take the best of the worst options. That is what is happening, the removal of Hamas. Hopefully something good comes of it. Is there any guarantee? Of course not. We'll see what happens.

Exactly. The removal of hamas, or at least the recognition of the Gazaians to the davastation hamas caused to them is necessary to make them rethink their value and to discover stage blue.

Edited by Nivsch

52 minutes ago, Nabd said:

Generally speaking people in the middle east rarely fought each other in the way Europeans did until France and UK came and started turning the different groups on each other like supporting minorities and relying on them to control the majorities and the nice thing is that people sometimes were aware of these things for example the first prime minister of Syria was a Christian and he declared "If France won't give us independence because they want to protect Christians, then we will become Muslims".

I see a trend in the Middle East where minority groups generally seem to be more successful than the majority. For example, when Lebanon was predominantly Christian they were very prosperous. Christian Lebanese in the diaspora also tend to be successful, not forming an underbelly like many Muslim immigrants do for example. The Druze have a specific strategy where they are loyal to the main power because as a minority they want to make themselves useful and keep detrimental instability at bay. The Kurds also seemed to organize themselves pretty decent. And Assad is from the small Alawite minority. 

May I ask what group you belong to and what your vision is for Syria?  For Example, should it split up/come together and what should be its attitude to the West and its neighbors?

Edited by Vrubel