Leo Gura

New War In Israel / Gaza

7,527 posts in this topic

Interesting interview from the former head of Shin Bet.

@kenway

31 minutes ago, kenway said:

SHE SPITTIN BARS! Damn, hurts to be Joe Biden.

1 hour ago, Lila9 said:

https://www.jns.org/210-congress-members-denounce-south-africas-genocide-charge/

210 Congress members denounce South Africa’s genocide charge

The letter notes that while South Africa barely acknowledged the Hamas terrorists “who gleefully massacred, mutilated, raped, and kidnapped innocent civilians” on Oct. 7, it made “grossly unfounded and defamatory charges against Israel on the world stage.”

Calling it an abuse of the judicial process to delegitimize Israel, the letter goes on to state that to charge the Jewish state with genocide is “particularly cynical given that the term ‘genocide’ was coined following the murder of six million Jews in the Holocaust.”

“We vigorously denounce South Africa’s deeply hostile stance towards Israel and thoroughly reject its charge of genocide,” it continues, urging the Biden administration to continue to oppose the trial.

Getting your best friends who are funding your genocide to releases statements is void. But i guess you have to cling to anything when the whole world is against your terror and calling you on it.

My god, even if this is a work of fiction, you can't make this up:

43 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@kenway

SHE SPITTIN BARS! Damn, hurts to be Joe Biden.

Butcher Biden name is giving him too much credit. Sleepy joe. That evokes his reality more fairly. 😀

They block the trucks because they are worried about their loved ones who are held hostage and think that only humanitarian problem will put enough pressure on hamas.

The way this articles titles are twisted is so hilarious and absolutely pathetic. But never mind, after three months I am kind of used to it 😉

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

On 1/23/2024 at 7:40 AM, kenway said:

@Raze @zazen  @lina  @Nabd

Thoughts on this?

Also what are your thoughts on the 17 page Hamas statement released Sunday 21st Jan?

My thoughts and understanding now is that Oct 7th is mostly Israeli propaganda. Specifically, an ordinary Hamas military attack on the border that went wrong and was thereafter exploited by Israeli intelligence and the IDF.

I'm glad that Finkelstein (et al) touched on the subject, but I'm still trying to digest it all.

Any perspectives would be appreciated.

@kenwayin regards to their statement yes I read it it's posted here: https://twitter.com/MyLordBebo/status/1749055484475167151

It's difficult to know for sure but there's certainly a possibility for it being a form propaganda, but honestly I still find it more believable than the Israeli narrative, especially with the recent investigations stating that a significant number of civilian death was caused by the IDF. To me it does seem like an exploitation for what was intended to be a limited operation for prisoners exchange to start a war and take over Gaza for good. 

Also the most important point as noted by Dr. Norman Finkelstein is the fact that Hamas has been calling for international investigations but Israel is the one that has not been cooperating, which says a lot. 

Edited by lina

32 minutes ago, lina said:

To me it does seem like an exploitation for what was intended to be a limited operation for prisoners exchange to start a war and take over Gaza for good.

Yeah I'm feeling that too.

Thanks for the insight.

3 hours ago, Nivsch said:

They block the trucks because they are worried about their loved ones who are held hostage and think that only humanitarian problem will put enough pressure on hamas.

Omg. The only way the awful hostage situation is fixed is with an immediate ceasefire and negotiations. No more bombings and killings. Just negotiations. Give them what they want and let those traumatised hostages go home, it’s gone on long enough. Starving, blocking aid trucks, killing and maiming children and women is not going to get them home.

being nasty and vindictive is not the way and drop “a few bad apples” bullshit you have parroted since day one on this thread. No one is buying it. You look like a goose. 

@Merkabah Star

46 minutes ago, Merkabah Star said:

Omg. The only way the awful hostage situation is fixed is with an immediate ceasefire and negotiations. No more bombings and killings. Just negotiations. Give them what they want and let those traumatised hostages go home, it’s gone on long enough. Starving, blocking aid trucks, killing and maiming children and women is not going to get them home.

being nasty and vindictive is not the way and drop “a few bad apples” bullshit you have parroted since day one on this thread. No one is buying it. You look like a goose. 

This'll be an interesting year. Will they soften, or harden their positions? How much suffering until something changes drastically?

@Merkabah Star There are two main things here as I see it.

On one hand Israel has to do everything to release them even if it means to cease the fire to even a year and keep a security belt all around Gaza.

On the other hand, the long term goal of defeating hamas cannot be abandoned.

If you care about the Gazans you have to know that if hamas stays there, Million of poor children will be under a cruel cult that will give them a gun from age 16 and posion their brains into the importance of killing and suicide, as it already happened and now probably be even worse.

If you want Million of Gazan children to heal, you have to acknowledge the importance of defeating hamas. Otherwise they will end up killed inside in the psychological and spiritual sense.

The second things is about Israel. If Israel's enemies see they can stop her, this can open a dangerous pandora box to them attacking Israel in the future in greater forces out of an improved self confidence and belief on their ability to defeat her. The whole reputation of Israel as a deterrent factor will be diminished.

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

@Nivsch if you cared about Israel you would want a ceasefire. If you cared about the hostages you would want a ceasefire. Unless of course you are a sadist. 

@Merkabah Star In the short term of course.

Edited by Nivsch

18 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

If you want Million of Gazan children to heal,

Let's not pretend that Israelis care about Gazan children.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.