Leo Gura

New War In Israel / Gaza

7,527 posts in this topic

@Raze Yes, there is a problem here in the way the fire is, sometimes, used in a too loose way when children are being hurted or killed from that, what could be avoided quite easily and therefore cannot be justified by any explanation.

It won't be fair to dismiss these cases as just a technical problem, but rather a symptom of a deeper general problem of moral development but mainly in some troop squads that lack this moral sense probably more than the average center of gravity of the culture.

In every such a big army, to those specific sub groups of troops (which are maybe less moral than the average) to not be too-easy in their use of fire, the average of IDF were to be in tier two which is unrealistic today in any nation anyway.

This in no way means the problem should not be addressed seriously within the IDF, but what it comes to say is, when pretending to take extreme cases and from them critisize an entire country, the critisim must be taken in a proper proportions and relative to realistic outcomes in a western world average context. Otherwise the critism will be misleading and hypocrite.

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

On 18/12/2023 at 9:26 AM, PurpleTree said:

As others mentioned - great video.

Not sure what happened with @Danioover9000 and others but cool heads, peace and love prevail  - if not in the Middle East at least on this forum 🙏🏻

Edited by zazen

The fact of Christian existence goes against the narrative of Hamas being Islamists most likely - so it must be denied Christians or functioning Churches reside there.

Edited by zazen

Imagine another country saying this.

Edited by StarStruck

@Merkabah Star

4 hours ago, Merkabah Star said:

I don't get the flip flop here with the EU. Earlier they're willing to condemn Israel for this humanitarian crisis, but then turn around and target Elon's X, which is fair, for hate speech to Israel...I don't think this will go well for EU. Also Rumble is a bit biased and heavy into free speech issues, as if if they switched with YouTube and had it's billions of users, content and viewers that Rumble wouldn't be changing it's free speech policies.

I think the best solution would be for Israel to go back into the 1947 borders and give back to Palestine all the stolen land that does not belong on those borders.

They stole it illegally. The UN did not agree to land outside those borders so it is done by violating international law

@Karmadhi Those lands been taken during a war the Arabs initiated, in which the Jews were even in an inferiority position and almost lost. but then, changed their attitude from mainly defence to mainly attack, and against most odds - survived. This is war, and both side have equal responsibility to the consequences and even more so the side who started it.

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

@zazen

On 2023-12-19 at 2:09 PM, zazen said:

The fact of Christian existence goes against the narrative of Hamas being Islamists most likely - so it must be denied Christians or functioning Churches reside there.

Yes, a different take on that:

IMO she needs better training to lie convincingly, you can't just make statement of "I saw the report" but when pushed back, 20 seconds later "I didn't saw the report". Based on my read of her body language, her left cheek smirking either in contempt/moral/intellectual superiority in her claims, plus brief furrowing of brows for concentration/focus or maybe micro expression of frustration.

@Danioover9000

x is an easy target. He has already removed a lot just recently with from the river to the sea phrases being banned, so he will probably be forced to ban more now. 

@Nivsch Sure but do not cry about people being anti semitism or hating on Israel or zionism.

People do not like land thieves.

Emmanuel Macron has said that Israel’s goal of fighting terrorism did not mean it had to “flatten Gaza”, referring to its response to Hamas’s attack on 7 October.

“We cannot let the idea take root that an efficient fight against terrorism implies to flatten Gaza or attack civilian populations indiscriminately,” Macron told the France 5 broadcaster.

The French president called on Israel “to stop this response because it is not appropriate, because all lives are worth the same and we defend them”.

While acknowledging “Israel’s right to defend itself and fight terror”, Macron said France called for the protection of civilians and “a truce leading to a humanitarian ceasefire”.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/dec/20/fighting-terrorism-did-not-mean-israel-had-to-flatten-gaza-says-emmanuel-macron

Piers Morgan grills Israeli official Mark Regev on reports of Israeli military sniper shots killing two women inside a Gaza church.

Edited by Merkabah Star

The leader of Hamas, Ismail Haniyeh, has been in Egypt for talks on halting the fighting with Israel to allow humanitarian aid into Gaza. Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has again ruled out a cease-fire until Hamas is eliminated and the remaining hostages are freed. Several countries including Germany classify Hamas as a terrorist organization. Meanwhile there's been no let up in attacks on the Palestinian territory.

We spoke live to Efrat Machi-kawa, from Israel. Her uncle, Gilad Moses, is still being held hostage in Gaza, after being kidnapped during the Hamas terrorist attacks on October 7. His partner Efrat was killed in that attack. His wife and his partner's daughter and two grand-daughters were among the hostages released during the week-long cease-fire. The Islamic Jihad militant group has just released a video showing Gilad in captivity - the first sign of life since his abduction.

^^^^The Israeli woman Efrat Machi-kawa that talks in the above video is truely divine.. worth watching just for her.. 

8 hours ago, Karmadhi said:

@Nivsch Sure but do not cry about people being anti semitism or hating on Israel or zionism.

People do not like land thieves.

When you were almost been killed in a war initiated by 6 Arab countries, and now you try to push them back to ensure your survival, while within the country the war takes on a totally civil character between the Jews and the Arabs, you will obviously in this moments see all the arabs as a solid unit (without nuances) and won't always do the most efficient or moral or clean thing for example stealing of private lands. This is very understanble to me in this situation. A private or collective property of someone is a joke when you are just trying to stay alive.

Edited by Nivsch

@Karmadhi How can you think about fairness to the other side when you have to save your life from him?

Only if you are not a human.

@Merkabah Star

10 hours ago, Merkabah Star said:

Piers Morgan grills Israeli official Mark Regev on reports of Israeli military sniper shots killing two women inside a Gaza church.

Example of pure cope.