Leo Gura

New War In Israel / Gaza

7,527 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Nivsch said:

No. There is a whole intelligence unit reaponsible to guide IDF airplanes into strategical buildings hamas uses. This is quite selective. 

So after you destroy those "strategical" buildings, they can't use other building and features of terrain next to help them defend their positions, right? Right?

10 minutes ago, Nabd said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CzIl_Y0A_mp/

Phosphor attack on refugee camp.

According to amnesty.org: 

The usage of white phosphorus is restricted under international humanitarian law. Although there can be lawful uses, it must never be fired at, or in close proximity to, a populated civilian area or civilian infrastructure, due to the high likelihood that the fires and smoke it causes spread. Such attacks, which fail to distinguish between civilians and civilian objects and fighters and military objectives, are indiscriminate and thus prohibited.

It's utterly absurd that people will justify what Israel is doing and claim they don't target civilians. 

@Nivsch it was a very strategically necessary attack, right?

Can you enlighten me on its purpose, please?

Just now, Nabd said:

There are some Palestinians and more Israelis who want this.

Most Palestinian citizens of Israel are for 1 state solution and they are 2 millions.

West bank you would get a mixed bag but still with real support and good will from a moderate Israeli government its possible to win the population over.

Even if I grant you that. No Israelis want this, so how is it viable?

20 minutes ago, Something Funny said:

So after you destroy those "strategical" buildings, they can't use other building and features of terrain next to help them defend their positions, right? Right?

Much much less. And dont forget in those destroyed building there were many traps built for months and years to the time idf come.

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

@Nivsch okay guys, I am really tired with this already to be honest.

Go on do whatever you want. Time will make things just.

26 minutes ago, Something Funny said:

@Nivsch it was a very strategically necessary attack, right?

Can you enlighten me on its purpose, please?

This is a place civilians were asked to leave many times before the attack, which under it a tunnel in which a big regimen of hamas is found.

But hey, you won't justify it any way because from distance it seems simple to avoid.

"What is the problem? Go there with only infanty." But then we go back to the problem above. We won't agree anyway. The debate is useless because emotions and indentity are leading the game.

Only a post logical approach which in you will agree to see interviews and videos of Israeli perspective and I will listen to the opposite side will be effective, what I try to do.

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

They won't allow a single state, especially not after this attack. Too much bad blood and broken trust that will take generations to mend perhaps. Also, demographically Palestinians will outnumber Israeli's which in a democracy means they will start to have more representation and power eventually - the Israeli's won't allow that.

A two state is difficult to achieve also due to distrust of being neighbours and the Palestinians attacking one day - as members of this forum have mentioned. In fact, it won't even be allowed to be a state in the true sense as they won't allow it control of its borders or to have a military - essentially occupation light. The West Bank which could be the Palestinians state is now full of settlers who are far right, moving them will be next to impossible, especially after Ben Gvir has armed them with guns.

I understand the difficulty Israel faces in eradicating Hamas whilst not committing war crimes/minimising casualties and having the world come at them for it - but maybe this simply doesn't have a military solution but a diplomatic one. At least the most basic thing would be to lift the blockade, siege and occupation and stop funding/protecting and giving impunity to settlers in the West Bank , and holding them to account. The settlers who have killed Palestinians in the West Bank have not even been charged.

Edited by zazen

@Nivsch 

Why not propose the evacuation of all women and children from Gaza? It is certain that none of them are members of Hamas

26 minutes ago, zazen said:

They won't allow a single state, especially not after this attack. Too much bad blood and broken trust that will take generations to mend perhaps. Also, demographically Palestinians will outnumber Israeli's which in a democracy means they will start to have more representation and power eventually - the Israeli's won't allow that.

A two state is difficult to achieve also due to distrust of being neighbours and the Palestinians attacking one day - as members of this forum have mentioned. In fact, it won't even be allowed to be a state in the true sense as they won't allow it control of its borders or to have a military - essentially occupation light. The West Bank which could be the Palestinians state is now full of settlers who are far right, moving them will be next to impossible, especially after Ben Gvir has armed them with guns.

I understand the difficulty Israel faces in eradicating Hamas whilst not committing war crimes/minimising casualties and having the world come at them for it - but maybe this simply doesn't have a military solution but a diplomatic one. At least the most basic thing would be to lift the blockade, siege and occupation and stop funding/protecting and giving impunity to settlers in the West Bank , and holding them to account. The settlers who have killed Palestinians in the West Bank have not even been charged.

I believe that the 'solution' mindset contributes to the problem. The West should give up. This could be the only way forward towards a more mature and responsible approach to this conflict. In a sense, the sooner the West gives up on the Palestinians, the sooner a solution may become possible. By 'giving up,' I don't mean not caring, but rather not fixating on achieving a historical compromise and treating them as victims. The key to improving the situation may lie in imposing a solution on the Palestinians while taking their interests into consideration. This approach would be similar to Israel's actions when they left Gaza without a formal agreement (but with the aim of preventing a situation like what happened with Hamas). The second step is to intervene in the Palestinian educational system. This approach might actually make the evacuation of the most problematic settlements possible.

Edited by DawnC

8 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

@Nivsch 

Why not propose the evacuation of all women and children from Gaza? It is certain that none of them are members of Hamas

Because Egypt closed the door for them and they can't go out. But Israel told them to evacuate to the south where there is food and water and very little (realatively) bombing

Of course your idea is good, and to oppose to this and be against such idea is pure hypocrisy and support the terror.

Edited by Nivsch

8 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

Because Egypt closed the door for them

Camps could be located in Israel, thus demonstrating without a doubt that the intention is to cause minimal damage.

Now, after hearing Netanyahu promise revenge, and the defense minister saying that he is dealing with human animals, the bombings of civilians seem intentional, with a desire to kill innocent people as revenge.

I would say that Israel is killing civilians as a strategy, a warning, to demonstrate to its potential enemies that in the event of war Israel will not be merciful, and taking into account its arsenal, that says a lot.

58 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

I would say that Israel is killing civilians as a strategy, a warning, to demonstrate to its potential enemies that in the event of war Israel will not be merciful, and taking into account its arsenal, that says a lot.

Because you dont know Israel and its ok. no anger on you. You are not suppose to know. I live here 36 years (from birth), I know the society, mentality, conversations, thinking patterns, values and know that your claim is pretty unlikely.

Edited by Nivsch

President Biden and a growing number of Democrats have now called for a humanitarian pause. I hope Israel eventually agrees to that.

Edited by Hardkill

9 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

President Biden and a growing number of Democrats have now called for a humanitarian pause. I hope Israel eventually agrees to that.

Wonder why they can just call for ceasefire and instead call for just a pause. 

Tomorrow Hezbollah will be making a statement - could be a big day and change the trajectory of what's to come.

16 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

I hope our 240 hostages will be free.

52 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

Because you dont know Israel and its ok. no anger on you. You are not suppose to know. I live here 36 years (from birth), I know the society, mentality, conversations, thinking patterns, values and know that your claim is pretty unlikely.

only conclusions looking at the facts, perhaps not accurate. When a refugee camp is bombed, it is a decision that is made knowing what one is doing, the same as when snipers killed children in the 2018 protests. The only conclusion for me is that they are trying to communicate that in the event of a war escalation, the consequences will be total destruction, in order to force a peaceful attitude on the adversaries, out of fear.

7 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

Do you think israel has the right to exist? Because your posts say otherwise 

Yes, it should definitely exist. Just not on stolen land 

8 hours ago, Lila9 said:

No, how my mind works?

Basically by constantly deceiving you using the oldest tricks in the book and you not aware enough to catch it