Leo Gura

New War In Israel / Gaza

7,527 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, lina said:

@Leo Gura nothing was mentioned regarding Israel firing back at a rocket. 

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/egypt-blames-israel-for-blast-at-gaza-city-hospital/ 

Egypt’s foreign ministry strongly condemns the incident and says that Cairo considers this “deliberate bombing of civilians to be a serious violation of international, humanitarian law and of the most basic values of humanity.”

The IDF says it is still investigating whether its forces were responsible for the strike, or whether it was the result of a failed rocket launch or other cause.

Also, using this logic, if it's okay for IDF to kill thousands of children to fight Hamas, why isn't it okay for Hamas to kill children to fight occupation ? 

Israel's objective isn't to kill children. The objective is to remove Hamas and their infrastructure. They drop leaflets and instruct civilians to leave the area. There's legitimate discussion to be had about whether civilians have enough time, etc. but trying to claim moral equivalence with Hamas whose objective it is to kill civilians and children in cold blood is ridiculous. 

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I think Israel's policy at this point is to drop a bomb on anywhere they see a rocket fired from.

I wish Israel was more transparent on why they bomb certain places.

Hamas is a movement that permeates most of Gaza, to go after Hamas basically means destroying all of Gaza

21 minutes ago, HMD said:

@Leo Gura Possible. But you drop commandos to go in and neutralize the enemy instead of bombardment. Much better. Even for Israelites

Watch this:

Hamas built a huge network of tunnels underneath all of Gaza. There is no just going in and neutralizing the enemy.

Ground invasions also tend to have more civilian casualties than bombardments from what I have read.

1 minute ago, Hsinav said:

Hamas is a movement that permeates most of Gaza, to go after Hamas basically means destroying all of Gaza

It's not all of Gaza, but it certainly will take a great toll. Any nation state would act the way Israel currently is in response to what happened.

Glory to Israel

@Nabd And as we already know, Israel created Hamas. And now it's paying them back. 

"The wise seek wisdom, a fool has found it."

1 hour ago, Nabd said:

You guys don't understand that the current objective of the government of Israel is to end the Palestinian state.

This seems to be 100% the case. 

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Destroying that many residential buildings itself starts to feel like a war crime. 1 million people will be left homeless, jobless, schoolless, mosqueless.

Total humanitarian disaster.

How many terrorists will this create?

That's true and unfortunate for all the innocent kids there and airbombing should be done as surgically as possible... But at the moment there are not many other solutions available for Israel

The thing is that sending soldiers there is militarly too risky: getting into Gaza without having weakened Hamas through the bombs can be suicidal for soldiers.

I used to be very empathetic with the Palestinians and harsh on Israel colonialism, but they have been receiving money for decades from NGOs and other organizations and they don't do anything for the people themselves, but they just used them to feed terrorism against Israel (every week they try to attack Israel with missiles and Israel keeps standing just for their sheer technological power to intercept them) and they have always violated every agreement, Egypt on the border doesn't even want the Palestinians anymore because they don't want Hamas. 
Gaza had the change in 2005 to vote for people who actually cared for them, but they wanted Hamas in power and has done nothing other the supporting Hamas ever since, basically committing suicide as a nation.

What can Israel do against an organization that states since the beginning that peace is not possibile without the annihilation of Israel?

25 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I think Israel's policy at this point is to drop a bomb on anywhere they see a rocket fired from.

I wish Israel was more transparent on why they bomb certain places. It's impossible to tell if they are actually hitting Hamas or just random buildings. How do they choose where to bomb?

They simply don't care. They view all Palestinians as Hamas. 

They’re following the Dahiya doctrine.

From Wiki:

“”The Dahiya doctrine, or Dahya doctrine,[1] is a military strategy of asymmetric warfare, outlined by former Israel Defense Forces (IDF) Chief of General Staff Gadi Eizenkot, which encompasses the destruction of the civilian infrastructure of regimes deemed to be hostile as a measure calculated to deny combatants the use of that infrastructure[2] and endorses the employment of "disproportionate force" to secure that end. “

They themselves use human shields of Palestinians next to their tanks and shoot from behind them as they walk towards Hamas. Hamas is said to use human shields too but more so they are in a densely populated area and are amongst people fighting back which can be re-labelled as human shield.

Hamas have tunnels deep enough to avoid any explosives from above to collapse them. They know what explosives Isreal procure and build to depths to avoid them having any affect. This is a trap to lure Isreal into over reaction and be condemned by the world because they know they follow the doctrine.

Once lured in and Hezbollah gets involved all bets are off. They lost to Hezbollah twice, and Hezbollah has a honeycomb of tunnels in south Lebanon which they’d get slaughtered in not to mention a two front war and Syria from the Golan heights turning into a 3 front war.

Two exercise drills were done the past two years by IDF called firm hand and chariots of fire which simulated them face to face with Hamas and in both they lost - according to Scott Ritter who seems highly qualified.

IDF’s reservists aren’t battle hardened warriors like a lot of the Islamist fighters. They’re scared to go in, most of them would rather smoke hashish or go Dubai than face war. 

Once the international community has had enough of seeing Gazans killed and Hezbolllah getting more involved and in the brink of Iran possibly, most likely US will step in to settle a solution and offer Isreal a appropriate defeat to not lose face. Maybe.

Can any state in the world bomb a hospital abd kill around 800 civilians and get away with it? Only one state can do that apparently

3 minutes ago, BassamMo said:

Can any state in the world bomb a hospital abd kill around 800 civilians and get away with it? Only one state can do that apparently

What I understand the Israeli military says it is unclear whether the hospital was hit by an Israeli airstrike or a misfire by Hamas.

@Scholar I was talking specifically about the hospital scenario. And I am not sure about all the specifics, but if you have well-trained commandos and high-end equipment, then you can pull off ground operations. Especially if you have Hamas on the other end instead of commandos from another country. 

Yes, you might lose men, spend more time on the operation, and plan longer. But it's definitely inside the realm of possibility. 

And building tunnels? That’s doing too much. 

Edited by HMD

"The wise seek wisdom, a fool has found it."

Just now, Hsinav said:

What I understand the Israeli military says it is unclear whether the hospital was hit by an Israeli airstrike or a misfire by Hamas.

And you believe that? Nice 

Just now, BassamMo said:

And you believe that? Nice 

No, why would I????

IDF has a history of bombing schools, hospitals...etc and getting away with it. A famous incident in Egypt's history before the 1973 war with them was when they striked an Egyptian school killing 30 children and injuring 50. 

@Hsinav im good. Just trying to say my thoughts on this situation. Gaza seems like a graveyard atm and the IDF is going berserk so i got confused when you said it's not confirmed if they bombed it or not

Amazing self-defense bombing hospitals, probably Hamas was hiding under the hospital's beds!!!

Whoever supports Isreal's war crimes is supporting behavior equivalent to or even worse than Hitler's

Edited by Socrates

2 minutes ago, BassamMo said:

@Hsinav im good. Just trying to say my thoughts on this situation. Gaza seems like a graveyard atm and the IDF is going berserk so i got confused when you said it's not confirmed if they bombed it or not

It's bombed alright, just wrote what (I heard) the IDF was saying, not knowing for sure they even said that, but probably they did

2 minutes ago, Socrates said:

Amazing self defense bombing hospitals, probably hamas was hiding under the hospital's beds!!!

Whoever supports Isreal supporting behaviour equivalent or even worse than Hitler's

I am not even there and I am super angry . Sooner or later people will be commit irrational actions