Leo Gura

New War In Israel / Gaza

7,527 posts in this topic

In Canada, we have the First Nations people, who were also slaughtered and forced onto reservations.    Was that fair?

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Gaza feels very cornered. Just look at it.

Same can be said for Israel, it's surrounded by countries denying its right to exist. Both Israeli and Palestinians are just victims at this point.

Edited by Mormegil

17 minutes ago, Sir Oberon said:

In Canada, we have the First Nations people, who were also slaughtered and forced onto reservations.    Was that fair?

What do you mean by « fair »

and why would anyone expect « fairness »?

2 minutes ago, Mormegil said:

Same can be said for Israel, it's surrounded by countries denying it's right to exist. Both Israeli and Palestinians are just victims at this point.

Everybody is always the victim in their mind

Just now, PurpleTree said:

What do you mean by « fair »

and why would anyone expect « fairness »?

When is greed and brutal force upon another nation fair?  It's never justified, but when does it end?

Just now, Sir Oberon said:

When is greed and brutal force upon another nation fair?  It's never justified, but when does it end?

You are god ask yourself

maybe it’s karma or something

1 minute ago, PurpleTree said:

You are god ask yourself

maybe it’s karma or something

I'm not God, not in my mind.  I am a soul looking for my true home.  God help me to get there.

7 minutes ago, Vrubel said:

@Leo Gura  You're really cherry-picking with that video.

Yes, well, people are cherrypicking with the terrorism. So it's only fair to balance it out.

Bias is a hell of a thing.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

42 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

All your base are belong to us.

Microsoft keeps trying to crush Google on my laptop, Fuck OFF Microsoft!!

25 minutes ago, Sir Oberon said:

I'm not God, not in my mind.

You are God's mind.

God help me to get there.

You're welcome ;)

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

When all else fails, war solves all problems.

Saddest truth. No way around it. So sad, but a situation like this can only come to an end with destruction.

Ahhh, Leo, I don't know.  God and I are one in essence?   The human race is one, in essence, God we sure do know how to scrap!.  

Edited by Sir Oberon

The problem with religion isn’t that it attempts to reveal the absolute, but that it believes its interpretation of it is absolute. People will misrepresent and use religion to justify what reason can't.

The problem with ideology and identity is that they can become rigid in their limitedness and fight against the unlimited outside of themselves.

The problem with industry is that it unpersons the people who fuel it as 'consumers' and turns members of society into numbers and cogs in the machinations of industry whose apex value is profit.

What we are seeing is an intersection of the shadow elements of religion, ideology, identity and industry.

18 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes, well, people are cherrypicking with the terrorism. So it's only fair to balance it out.

Bias is a hell of a thing.

People are cherry-picking for expressing shock and sympathy for the beheading of babies and rape of young women?

As an Iranian, you guys should know that most people in Iran are neither pro Palestine nor pro Israel. Our regime and their supporters, which are about 10 to 20% of population, are pro hamas and hezbolla, and have been funding terrorists organization for decades, because they want to "export" their religion. Hamas is one of them. If IRGC gets fucked, people of Iran would not be sad, we would be celebrating!

These evil mullas are stealing the vast wealth of Iran, and using it to fund terror. Iranian people know this. We have empathy for palestinians, but we also know that terrorists are representing palestine most of the time. If hamas gets destroyed, and also hezbolla gets fucked, good! Then mullas in Iran will get very weak. Their time is near. If the regime in Iran changes, the whole picture in middle east will change.

Very complex situation. I wish this war ends soon. Hatred is evil.

1 hour ago, Sir Oberon said:

This land is my land, this land is your land...if you go way baaaaak, who's land was it?

The land belongs to the last nation to conquer it before global peace. Israel was the last nation to do so, so here is the problem.

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Europeans were more brutal than Arabs if you look at European history. It's just that Europeans mostly got it out of their system while Arabs are still going through it.

I am highly suspicious of this statement. I would be surprised if you could actually do a genuine historic analysis that would allow you to conclude any continent was more brutal than any other. You can argue that during imperialistc times, when empires were at their heights, some places had more peace than others, but to make such a generalization seems out there to me.

You have to also keep in mind that europe developed far later than arab countries, so you can't really compare them one to one in the time line. But even then I am suspicious of this statement.

Where did you get this information from?

Glory to Israel

2 minutes ago, Mohammad said:

As an Iranian, you guys should know that most people in Iran are neither pro Palestine nor pro Israel. Our regime and their supporters, which are about 10 to 20% of population, are pro hamas and hezbolla, and have been funding terrorists organization for decades, because they want to "export" their religion. Hamas is one of them. If IRGC gets fucked, people of Iran would not be sad, we would be celebrating!

These evil mullas are stealing the vast wealth of Iran, and using it to fund terror. Iranian people know this. We have empathy for palestinians, but we also know that terrorists are representing palestine most of the time. If hamas gets destroyed, and also hezbolla gets fucked, good! Then mullas in Iran will get very weak. Their time is near. If the regime in Iran changes, the whole picture in middle east will change.

Very complex situation. I wish this war ends soon. Hatred is evil.

Good stuff thank you

although you are probably of the more educated Iranians, there’s probably also a big other side