Leo Gura

New War In Israel / Gaza

7,522 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Nabd said:

Being a human is hell of a drug. This makes me question where my blind spots are.

Becoming aware of your biases is a good start.

"Wrongness is the unsung hero of growth, for it is only by venturing into the unknown and risking error that we can expand the boundaries of our understanding and pave the way for groundbreaking insights and innovations." -Claude 3 Opus

I ordered a burger with bacon right now because both sides don’t eat bacon, and i don’t want to be a part of this conflict in any way shape or form

What do you think germanys resposability for israel is now 80 after the holocaust?

They feel a special obligation. And merkel and the new chancellor both basically said germany will defend israel if isrsels existance is threatened.

@PurpleTree

3 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

What do you think germanys resposability for israel is now 80 after the holocaust?

They feel a special obligation. And merkel and the new chancellor both basically said germany will defend israel if isrsels existance is threatened.

I'd say choose your battles carefully, maybe focus more on Russia instead.

39 minutes ago, Nabd said:

Its not only Muslims. There are many leftists middle easterners who are fully in support of whats happening.

Thats why the problem isn't just Islam.

Do you mean that they approve the acts of Hamas?

7 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Do you mean that they approve the acts of Hamas?

For them the « end » justifies the means

1 hour ago, PurpleTree said:

Looks nice but seems like empty talk

Still better than the empty talk in this thread.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

Just now, Scholar said:

Still better than the empty talk in this thread.

Like what

11 minutes ago, Raze said:

During the holocaust when polish people were literally genocided it would have not been okay to resist the nazis by killing german civilians and gunning down babies in their cribs.

This has nothing to do with resistance and people who frame it this way are ideologues.

In the last year more ukrainian civilians have been killed than Israel has killed palestinians in the last 15 years. If ukrainians went over the border to execute a thousand civilian, including children, women and the elderly, in a last ditch attempt to win the war, I would say at that point Russia should just win the war and end it, even though I am against the russian invasion.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

2 minutes ago, Scholar said:

During the holocaust when polish people were literally genocided it would have not been okay to resist the nazis by killing german civilians and gunning down babies in their cribs.

This has nothing to do with resistance and people who frame it this way are ideologues.

In the last year more ukrainian civilians have been killed than Israel has killed palestinians in the last 15 years. If ukrainians went over the border to execute a thousand civilian, including children, women and the elderly, in a last ditch attempt to win the war, I would say at that point Russia should just win the war and end it, even though I am against the russian invasion.

True many islamists and supporters bring the ukraine argument

»but but when ukraine defends itself the west supports it but if palestinians defend themselves they’re not supported and called terrorists »

well yea th ukrainians didn’t go over the border to kill defenseless civilians, partygoes, children etc

6 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

True many islamists and supporters bring the ukraine argument

»but but when ukraine defends itself the west supports it but if palestinians defend themselves they’re not supported and called terrorists »

well yea th ukrainians didn’t go over the border to kill defenseless civilians, partygoes, children etc

The simple reason for why HAMAS did this kind of attack is because they are a completely radicalized terrorist organization. They use palestinian children as human childs. You cannot hail these people as resistance fighters. The palestine conflict is an excuse to them to do what they do, and they use the valid frustration of palestinians to radicalize them for their cause.

Now, in the bigger picture, you can blame Israel for causing this situation, even though it is much more complex than just blaming one party fully at this point. However, who is to blame does not matter any longer, because HAMAS crossed the line, there is no going back from here.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

21 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

For them the « end » justifies the means

I believe that many Muslim intellectuals are extremely ashamed of what has happened. They know that the international community will see Muslims as raping animals and demons. Now Hamas says that it has not attacked civilians, only military targets, but it is all on video. Many Muslim leaders will feel extreme shame when watching these videos. they are human.

3 minutes ago, Nabd said:

Many of them view it as the only way Palestinians can get their rights. Now if you ask them about Israeli civilians you will get many people saying "they are colonizers and they should've known the consequences".

Yes the same as left-wing intellectuals throughout Europe, but this case is different. It is one thing to justify or understand acts of terrorism as the only possible action to claim your rights against a bulli enemy that you cannot face, and another to see torture, rape and beheadings of babies amidst laughter and shouts of Allah Akbar. I think that millions of Muslims are going to die of shame and feel extreme sadness when they see what is on video.

17 minutes ago, Nabd said:

Many of them view it as the only way Palestinians can get their rights. Now if you ask them about Israeli civilians you will get many people saying "they are colonizers and they should've known the consequences".

These same leftists are anti-Iran but when you point out to them that Hamas is a jihadi fundamentalist group supported by Iran, then they will blab about "but that's a different issue" or "Iran is the only one supporting them".

Now that I think of it, almost everyone born to Muslim parents is automatically gonna get fed with anti-Jewish mentality. It doesn't matter if you become an atheist later on. Most people don't understand why they hate jews. Its like when you see one of those guys preaching atheism, they don't realize that they changed the flavor of their mind but the frame is the same and they act the same way as a religious person.

Many leftists in europe seemed not to be anti iran

Or maybe it changed recently 

51 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

beheadings of babies

This whole beheading of babies. Has this actually been confirmed? or is this some media made-up nonsense?

Edited by Alex M

10 minutes ago, Alex M said:

This whole beheading of babies. Has this actually been confirmed? or is this some media made-up nonsense?

It's not made up, there have been claims and reports from people, it just has not yet been verified by independent journalists.

There are also reports from eye witnesses who describe a baby having been cut out of a pregnant woman.

Glory to Israel

4 minutes ago, Scholar said:

It's not made up, there have been claims and reports from people, it just has not yet been verified by independent journalists.

There are also reports from eye witnesses who describe a baby having been cut out of a pregnant woman.

It just seems so dumb. Because it seems hamas would want some kind of support from the muslim world and the world wide left. But nobody can get behind killing babies wilingly.

29 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

It just seems so dumb. Because it seems hamas would want some kind of support from the muslim world and the world wide left. But nobody can get behind killing babies wilingly.

Seems that is something that happens spontaneously when violence breaks out, the Japanese did it in the Philippines, the Americans did it with the Sioux, in France after the revolution the hussars crucified babies on the doors of houses. It is the call to total war of extermination. Something very stupid when you are much weaker than your enemy. basically it is saying: I want to be exterminated.  there is nothing rational in all this, primary impulses 

Edited by Breakingthewall

10 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

It is the call to total war of extermination. Something very stupid when you are much weaker than your enemy. basically it is saying: I want to be exterminated.  there is nothing rational in all this, primary impulses 

Try living in Texas. You’ll be waging an endless war with pests, especially during the summertime. 

"Wrongness is the unsung hero of growth, for it is only by venturing into the unknown and risking error that we can expand the boundaries of our understanding and pave the way for groundbreaking insights and innovations." -Claude 3 Opus