Someone here

Expose yourself to difficult experiences!

56 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Yimpa said:

I will chew gum everyday to reach enlightenment :ph34r:

I have been consistently chewing this very hard gum that I have found a couple months ago. I am serious it is transforming my life. It's totally changing the bone structure in my jaw & my airways! Making more room for my bottom wisdom teeth who are still coming out! I love chewing very stiff gum intensely. I am still not enlightened tho lol

Sailing on the ceiling 

13 hours ago, Someone here said:

I stay up late at night smoking cigarettes ? like there is no tomorrow...not caring if I'm damaging my lungs and initiating cancer etc .

Read Freud and Lacan about the death drive and the pleasure principle. This is what you're doing with the horror movies and the cigs. Much love

Delaying instant gratification is hard to do. Clearly, you will go through pain and discomfort as you will not be acting out your habitual impulses. Doing that is a good training ground for this type of mindset. This practice builds up your resilience and makes pain an experience that is easier to confront.

Edited by UnbornTao

Okay, enough beating him up.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

So nice coming from you. Don't see this side too often.?

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time.

15 hours ago, Someone here said:

Believe it or not.. but the last thing I do before going to bed (besides masturbating lol) is watching the most terrifying horror movies ..yup I kid you not ..that's indeed what I do . Not caring if that is gonna generate nightmares when I sleep .

I wake up every morning and take a freezing cold shower then I go for a 30 minutes run . Without eating breakfast. 

I stay up late at night smoking cigarettes ? like there is no tomorrow...not caring if I'm damaging my lungs and initiating cancer etc .

@Someone here How about instead of harming your brain and lungs like this, you take action on your desire to start a business?

This is important specifically for men who are trying to get in touch with their masculinity.  Do painful shit . Get the hell out of your comfort zone and face the inner demons and fucking kill those motherfuckers ;)

Smoking cigarettes and watching movies is your idea of facing your demons and doing masculine difficult things?

You're just indulging in your vices like a teenager, nothing hard or praiseworthy about this.

How about you quit smoking and start a business, instead of complaining that you don't know how?

Now that would be difficult and masculine.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Ah sorry, missed that.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

Okay, Leo said no more beating up, so I'm trying to be nice.

14 hours ago, Someone here said:

Nothing is stopping you from killing another human being other than some chemical soup in your brain's cortex.  

That's not really true. Your actions have consequences. If you do "evil" stuff (or call it egotism) it will fall back on you in one way or the other.

I believe that after I die ..I will be born again . I'm eternal. Isn't that how I came into existence?  I just  magically ?  popped out of nowhere?  What makes you think it won't happen again? 

Yeah but it's about living the best and most beautiful life you can. This is your only chance to make THIS life the best possible version it can be.

I see where you're coming from. But you're misunderstanding what "confronting" means. I think you're just using those very crude ways of confronting yourself with seemingly difficult things to distract you from confronting the real difficult things - those that are able to shatter your view of yourself and the world.

It's about raising your consciousness by seeing THROUGH the shadows. You don't want to wallow in negativity, that's only going to lower your state of consciousness and thus leading to more suffering.

Edited by vibv

The Secret of this Universe is You.

my music

58 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

Delaying instant gratification is a difficult experience. That's a good training ground for this philosophy. Clearly, pain will be experienced when doing that. That builds up personal strength.

You can also contemplate deeper into your attachments and realize how ridiculous they are.

For example, I used to be obsessed with getting the latest Apple products. I was enticed by the press releases, videos, Reddit comments, etc. by how amazing these products would make me feel, and how I would be left behind if I didn’t get them now. A few years went of this went by, and I finally realized that I’m chasing my own tail and allowing cultlike behavior to dictate my own happiness.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

1 hour ago, Princess Arabia said:

So nice coming from you. Don't see this side too often.?

You need a beating from my broom.

Maybe it will make you smarter.

:P

Edited by Leo Gura

Its not YOLO. Its something more radical than that . 

First ..I don't know if this life is the only life I will ever live . That seems highly unlikely. 

I believe that after I die ..I will be born again . I'm eternal. Isn't that how I came into existence?  I just  magically ?  popped out of nowhere?  What makes you think it won't happen again? 

Secondly..I'm not saying go destroy your life .I'm saying grow some balls between your legs and do extreme shit .it's gonna make you immune to fear .

@Razard86 how r u bro ? U good ? 

I'm good, but cancer is no joke. My older brother has stage 4 cancer, you wouldn't say I don't care about cancer if you truly knew how it feels to live with it. Also your cancer will put a strain on those around you because now they have to help take care of you. If you smoke and get lung cancer you will realize how much pain and suffering you are not only going through individually but also collectively.

This is why taking care of our health is not just a personal responsibility but a collective responsibility. It's not just about you, think of those who care about you and will be impacted by your decision. 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

Sometimes I mindfully deep squat on top of a cactus naked

World's #1 Spiritual Twerking Coach 🍑

32 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You need a beating from my broom.

Maybe it will make you smarter.

:P

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time.

Christian monks wear hairy suits to keep their body itching all day long.

Multiple people have already mentioned this, but yeah: Just because you do something difficult that won't necessarily give you benefits.

Doing hard stuff is used as a proxy to achieve the results or to get the benefits that you want.

Don't confuse proxy with that actual thing you are looking for.

You could make your life 1000x more harder right now:

-You could cut your grass by hand picking each  piece of grass one by one

-You could make a decision that you will never use your eyes anymore and you will move everywhere with closed eyes

-You could make the decision that you will never use your legs to get to your destination - you can only move by using your hands

-You could make it so that you won't use your hands when you want to eat, you can only use your mouth

I could list an infinite number of other dumb stuff here and all of that combined would make your life 1000x harder ,but is that actually necessary? Or you could pick hard stuff mindfully, stuff that you know will actually bring the benefits you want.

I feel that whole "masculinity" motto is being used for almost anything to justify exploiting one self.

Masculinity doesn't have to do with suffering ...