Zedman

Russell Brand is being accused of rape

681 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's cute how he cloaks himself in the anti-corpo narrative.

Yes, corporations are scummy. But that does not in any way account for Russell Brand's sexual scumminess.

See, in this case the BBC actually cares more about women than Russell Brand did when he worked for them.

There is nothing unique about mainstream corps pushing narratives. Russell Brand and his ilk also push narratives, and often more dangerous and untruthful ones.

off he goes for a rumble in the jungle….

Clearly just carrying on as usual then with his show  as if none of this is happening.

Edited by Seed

@Seed

13 minutes ago, Seed said:

off he goes for a rumble in the jungle….

Clearly just carrying on as usual then with his show  as if none of this is happening.

Yes, exactly, trying to sweep under the rug the allegations of rape by those 4 women, and maybe more. At least he has the human decency to manipulate with a white pure shirt, and romantic candle lighting.

Russell Brand's method of getting laid very much reminds me of Jeffy from RSD.

I would call this style: sexual psychopath.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

(in response to the Russell Brand “so…….” video)

“Free speech” might as well be called “free bullshit” at this point. Maybe people will take themselves less seriously then.

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

@Yimpa

8 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

“Free speech” might as well be called “free bullshit” at this point. Maybe people will take themselves less seriously then.

You commented?

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It's cute how he cloaks himself in the anti-corpo narrative.

Yes, corporations are scummy. But that does not in any way account for Russell Brand's sexual scumminess.

See, in this case the BBC actually cares more about women than Russell Brand did when he worked for them.

There is nothing unique about mainstream corps pushing narratives. Russell Brand and his ilk also push narratives, and often more dangerous and untruthful ones.

Don’t you find it odd that when he was working in mainstream media, nobody criticised him, even though it was the perfect time to release this information. But as soon as he starts attacking the mainstream media, this documentary comes out. It’s about the timing. The mainstream media have a very strong motive for attacking him now. Compare this to the bbc reporter who was abusing children. Where are all the attacks on him? 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@How to be wise

3 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

Don’t you find it odd that when he was working in mainstream media, nobody criticised him, even though it was the perfect time to release this information. But as soon as he starts attacking the mainstream media, this documentary comes out. It’s about the timing. The mainstream media have a very strong motive for attacking him now. Compare this to the bbc reporter who was abusing children. Where are all the attacks on him? 

The difference between Russel Brand and Jimmy Savile is that Savile has greater charisma and understanding of power dynamics, can quickly use humor to put you on your place. Also, more protected by other rich people and those secret rings run by some wealthy people. Russel Brand doesn't have that similar protection, and his anti mainstream rants make him an eash target, but compared to Jimmy Savile who isn't as anti mainstream, is more mainstream and knows how to manipulate the crowd has gotten away with far worse. It's in fact incomparable.

2 hours ago, Yimpa said:

When he said "stay free" at the end he really meant "stay free of your underwear." 

:(

Edited by Buck Edwards

Have you noticed - a white shirt always makes you look innocent and pristine? 

A Jesus Christ like appearance and a slightly unbuttoned white shirt is all you need to fool people lol. 

I'd like to hear Candace Owens on Russell Brand allegations. 

Edited by Buck Edwards

1 hour ago, How to be wise said:

They weren’t bothered by Russel Brand when he was living the life of a hedonist fool.   Some of the allegations go back to 2003.   His media accusers couldn’t care less about his behavior.   But when he started to challenge the powers that be, it was time to remove him.   Could it be that he is being punished for starting the process of waking up?

Vincit omnia Veritas.

2 hours ago, Jodistrict said:

They weren’t bothered by Russel Brand when he was living the life of a hedonist fool.   Some of the allegations go back to 2003.   His media accusers couldn’t care less about his behavior.   But when he started to challenge the powers that be, it was time to remove him.   Could it be that he is being punished for starting the process of waking up?

It was culturally very different back in the UK in 2003. Celebrity media types could get away with all kinds of shit that wouldn’t wash now. 

@Jodistrict It was his persona to be that overly sexual guy, so nobody suspected a thing. Also those women were afraid of his fame and there are severe defamation law in The UK. So unless a big media outlet decided to pursue him, nobody would know a thing about his dark side. 

Tell you what? Why a guy like Ben Shapiro was never accused of such things despite he angers a lot of leftests including left media outlets? Simply Because he is a clean guy. 

So the whole conspiracy narrative is such a silly game which he uses to decieve his stupid followers. 

There is a documented rape incident dating back to 2013, maybe with DNA samples next day to that text which Russel sent apologizing for his behavior. So It is really mind boggling, why you still defend that guy. 

Edited by LSD-Rumi

6 hours ago, How to be wise said:

Don’t you find it odd that when he was working in mainstream media, nobody criticised him, even though it was the perfect time to release this information. But as soon as he starts attacking the mainstream media, this documentary comes out. It’s about the timing. The mainstream media have a very strong motive for attacking him now.

It's not odd at all.

1) We are in the post-MeToo era. Culture has shifted a lot in 15 years. Journalists and activists are looking to take anyone down who abuses his power for sex.

2) The people and corporations Brand worked for back then were making tons of money off him, so they were incentivized to turn a blind eye. Now the incentives are reversed.

3) And Yes, the popularity of Brand's YT conspiracy channel does raise eyebrows with investigative journalists and activists. Anyone with that many subscribers and social media influence is going to receive extra scrutiny. Especially if he peddles dangerous narratives about Covid, election results, etc. This does not mean it's a coordinated take-down by the CIA, it's just him getting blowback from normies.

What these anti-mainstream influencers fail to understand is that it is normal for normie culture to give blowback on radical perspectives. So if you want to be a radical at mass scale, you gotta be squeaky clean, because you will piss off normies and they will look for ways to reduce your influence. We are in the midst of an epic culture war. Where anything you say or do will be used against you to discredit you.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Myself being of a similar age (a few years younger) and growing up in the same 90s & 00s in the UK. I've known who Russell Brand was from long before his YouTube days. Right back when he was the presenter on MTV Dancefloor, he'd be presenting from nightclubs around the UK, cracking onto women in the clubs. In his usual 'cheeky' style. That was culturally acceptable back then, but it would be cringy boarding on sex pest to watch now.

Throughout that period, he was in and out of the newspapers all the time for things like getting caught shagging a girl in some toilet etc. This was normalised back then (lad culture). There were plenty of instances of celebrities calling him out for his sexual predator vibes (google it you'll find examples). People have made allegations many times, but nothing ever stuck for whatever reason. 

Now, he's pivoted away from that lifestyle/period. Into YouTube wellness and the more political side (although his activist side also goes back a long way, this anti-mainstream is nothing new; this goes back to after he was fired from Radio 2, maybe even before then).

As @Consept mentioned, a newspaper(s) made more substantial claims of sexual misconduct ages back, but because of the liable laws, they mustn't have had enough evidence, so no names were mentioned. 

But with the latest revelations, they must have seen a decent amount of evidence; otherwise, Brand would be suing them. He's received libel damages from The Sun newspaper before, so why wouldn't he go after them again if it wasn't true? Maybe he will.

This might all seem somewhat surprising for the younger generation who know him from YT. I'd say most from my generation are not surprised at all. He's also now got the mask of the mainstream media, who are out to silence him and can use this as a defence mechanism.

Philosophical take:

You stop raping others when you stop raping yourself. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

@Yimpa

14 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Philosophical take:

You stop raping others when you stop raping yourself. 

That's nice, wondering when someone would mention self rape! ?

@Alex M

7 hours ago, Alex M said:

Myself being of a similar age (a few years younger) and growing up in the same 90s & 00s in the UK. I've known who Russell Brand was from long before his YouTube days. Right back when he was the presenter on MTV Dancefloor, he'd be presenting from nightclubs around the UK, cracking onto women in the clubs. In his usual 'cheeky' style. That was culturally acceptable back then, but it would be cringy boarding on sex pest to watch now.

Throughout that period, he was in and out of the newspapers all the time for things like getting caught shagging a girl in some toilet etc. This was normalised back then (lad culture). There were plenty of instances of celebrities calling him out for his sexual predator vibes (google it you'll find examples). People have made allegations many times, but nothing ever stuck for whatever reason. 

Now, he's pivoted away from that lifestyle/period. Into YouTube wellness and the more political side (although his activist side also goes back a long way, this anti-mainstream is nothing new; this goes back to after he was fired from Radio 2, maybe even before then).

As @Consept mentioned, a newspaper(s) made more substantial claims of sexual misconduct ages back, but because of the liable laws, they mustn't have had enough evidence, so no names were mentioned. 

But with the latest revelations, they must have seen a decent amount of evidence; otherwise, Brand would be suing them. He's received libel damages from The Sun newspaper before, so why wouldn't he go after them again if it wasn't true? Maybe he will.

This might all seem somewhat surprising for the younger generation who know him from YT. I'd say most from my generation are not surprised at all. He's also now got the mask of the mainstream media, who are out to silence him and can use this as a defence mechanism.

I especially got triggered when his latest video just drops mentioning the rape allegations and gone full anti mainstream talking points. I now care much less, it's like he is becoming more like Andrew Tate, thinking this new act is enough to exonerate his name, just like Andrew Tate saying he'll donate 50 mil as if that wipes the pimp sex trafficking and tax evasion charges. 

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Russell Brand's method of getting laid very much reminds me of Jeffy from RSD.

I would call this style: sexual psychopath.

How exactly does works Jeffy's method?