Zedman

Russell Brand is being accused of rape

681 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

you never hear that kind of stories because the woman version of rape is tricking the guy into sex and getting herself pregnant on purpose. 

This comment here should be REMOVED. Very sexist and inappropriate. It actually made me cringe.

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

3 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

You don’t need to be physically stronger to rape. Women’s weapon of choice is manipulation. 

What is wrong with you.

Don’t forget folks, there’s a report button up in here. Let your voice be heard! :)

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

10 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

You don’t need to be physically stronger to rape. Women’s weapon of choice is manipulation. 

Rape is physically forcing the act of sex. Manipulating someone into sex is not the same.

No matter how much try to manipulate someone into sex, they still have to physically allow the act themselves, at which point if they resist and you carry on, its rape.

Edited by Francis777

4 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

@Princess Arabia stop harassing and gaslighting me with your weird remarks 

Harassing. I don't think so, You're the one making weird remarks. If I make comments on here because I might have gotten triggered or something, I apologize for them later or find a way to show I was just ranting, but your sexist comments are frequent and disturbing.

Edited by Princess Arabia

No more fighting please. This area of discussion triggers a lot of fears for men and women. Men and women have different fears, blind spots, concerns, views, survival concerns, beliefs, and silly ideas about this stuff. It’s hard to moderate that for me because I realize that what a male member fears a female may think is cringe or vice versa. I’ll have to take things case by case.

The thread really isn’t meant to be about the asymmetry between men and women’s sexual abuse.

Conflict is normal here, but let’s keep it down as much as possible without making things personal. 

That being said, try to keep the thread on topic with regards to Russell’s accusations. If you can’t the thread will be  locked. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

5 minutes ago, Francis777 said:

Rape is physically forcing the act of sex. Manipulating someone into sex is not the same.

No matter how much try to manipulate someone into sex, they still have to physically allow the act themselves, at which point if they resist and you carry on, it’s rape.

That is not how it works according to the law. 

IMG_2790.jpeg

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Russle Brand is an influencer from England who decided to join the alternative media in providing another view than the mainstream media.  He now has dangerous enemies. 

"The women said that they only felt ready to tell their stories after being approached by reporters..."

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/comedian-russell-brand-denies-allegations-of-sexual-assault-published-by-three-uk-news-organisations/F7NFMOTOZ5ATXJUFBQBIGLOMVA/

It’s interesting that Noam Chomsky went on Russle Brand’s show and basically said that the United States is now more totalitarian than the former Soviet Union. (starts about 1:50) 

https://rumble.com/v1dpvhq-whoa-what-noam-chomsky-just-told-russle-brand-about-america-with-shock-you-.html

Edited by Jodistrict

Vincit omnia Veritas.

12 minutes ago, Jodistrict said:

Noam Chomsky went on Russle Brand’s show and basically said that the United States is now more totalitarian than the former Soviet Union.

This is such a ridiculus take from Chomsky. The Left is slowly losing their mind.

Brand's politics is as scummy as his womanizing.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

This is such a ridiculus take from Chomsky. The Left is slowly losing their mind.

Brands politics is so scummy.

Chomsky was referring the the propagandizing of the American news media.  He said that during the Soviet Union, Russian citizens could get an alternative view from German television or the BBC, but the American media doesn't permit Americans to see the Russian point of view.  The banning of RT would be an example.   I believe this is accurate.  I came to this conclusion during the Iraq war, when the coporate news media was almost completly pro war and readily published the numerous lies, such as Iraq having weapons of mass destruction.   A more recent example is the Western media's bias in favor of Ukraine, waging war, and demonizing Russia.   

Vincit omnia Veritas.

Yep.

14 minutes ago, Jodistrict said:

Chomsky was referring the the propagandizing of the American news media.

American media has enormous diversity today. You can find any flavor of media you want. So this is nonsense.

He said that during the Soviet Union, Russian citizens could get an alternative view from German television or the BBC, but the American media doesn't permit Americans to see the Russian point of view.

During the Soviet Union you couldn't even watch Hollywood movies, they had to bought on the black market. I know cause my Dad made a business selling them.

The banning of RT would be an example.

RT was a shameless Russian propaganda factory.

I came to this conclusion during the Iraq war, when the coporate news media was almost completly pro war and readily published the numerous lies, such as Iraq having weapons of mass destruction.

That's just national group-think. Every free society will have their group-think.

A more recent example is the Western media's bias in favor of Ukraine, waging war, and demonizing Russia.   

Again, this is just the bias of being American and appealing to Americans. American news media has to sell news that appeals to average Americans.

Edited by Leo Gura

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Again, this is just the bias of being American and appealing to Americans. American news media has to sell news that appeals to average Americans.

The Americans were sold on war through deliberate lies.  The public got over 3 trillion dollars in debt and nothing in return.    Chomsky's book "Manufacturing Consent" explains how the media serves as a rubber stamp for elite government policy.   In a real Democracy, the news media would be an unbiased source of objective information and not a propaganda outlet that controls information to manufacture opinions in complience with the state.  

Vincit omnia Veritas.

35 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Brand's politics is as scummy as his womanizing.

Chomsky also recently said in an interview on a British program that Russia is fighting the war more humanely than US in Iraq etc.

Iraq was 100% bullshit, but cmon…

18 minutes ago, Jodistrict said:

The Americans were sold on war through deliberate lies.  The public got over 3 trillion dollars in debt and nothing in return. Chomsky's book "Manufacturing Consent" explains how the media serves as a rubber stamp for elite government policy. 

That's more group-think than anything else.

The truth that no one wants to face is that elite and non-elite Americans were both too biased and too ignorant to not go to war with the Middle East after 9/11. Which was exactly Osama Bin Laden's strategy. Bin Laden outsmarted the Americans but Americans are too proud and ignorant to admit it.

In a real Democracy, the news media would be an unbiased source of objective information and not a propaganda outlet that controls information to manufacture opinions in complience with the state.  

No. A real democracy will have tons of group-think and bias.

Edited by Leo Gura

3 minutes ago, Joel3102 said:

Russia is fighting the war more humanely than US in Iraq etc.

Lol

I hope Chomsky gets a titty-twister from Putin.

Edited by Leo Gura

Okay, no more derailing this thread with politics.

Thread theme:

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus