mr_engineer

What is a 'real man'?

29 posts in this topic

This is going to be fun. 

I see a lot of rhetoric about what a 'real man' does. So, here's my question to the forum - what does a 'real man' do to qualify as a 'real man'?

Sidenote - there is also a lot of heated debate about 'what a real man does not do, what masculinity is NOT'. For example, it's not what Tate does, it's not what religion preaches, etc. What is it, then?! 

Edited by mr_engineer

15 minutes ago, Buck Edwards said:

Someone who holds unreal men accountable. 

That's kind of a circular definition, right?! 

11 minutes ago, mr_engineer said:

This is going to be fun. 

I see a lot of rhetoric about what a 'real man' does. So, here's my question to the forum - what does a 'real man' do to qualify as a 'real man'?

Sidenote - there is also a lot of heated debate about 'what a real man does not do, what masculinity is NOT'. For example, it's not what Tate does, it's not what religion preaches, etc. What is it, then?! 

A real man doesn't exist. 

He stands on who he is and what he made for himself with his own mindset,action and at the end approval from himself...

Is my current definition.

Edited by NoSelfSelf

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

Everyone with a penis.

But if we talk about an attractive man that women desire, then is another story. I can not say anything in that regard because I'm still learning.

What is a 'real man'?

If we’re going by a rating scale, I’d say A men; not C men.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Ah, "real man" is an oxymoron! lol

However, a person has the liberty of assuming a viewpoint of what he considers a real man to be, then decide to play that role. 

What you resist, persists and less of you exists. There is a part of you that never leaves. You are not in; you have never been. You know. You put it there and time stretches. 

A "real man" is one who expresses themself authentically from a place of inner ease and outcome independence.

A "real man" is one who opens a lot of doors in this world, and explores the room on the other side, but does so in a way that he feels at home in his life, because he is so grounded in his own existence and comfortable in his own skin.

Of course all men are "real," so a more apt characterization of what's being pointed to is an "actualized man" or as I like to refer to it as, an alpha male 2.0.

2 hours ago, Consept said:

What's a real male dog?

So, a real man is a dog? 

Just now, mr_engineer said:

So, a real man is a dog? 

I'm making the point that a male dog doesn't have to be anything other than a male dog to be considered a male dog so why is there extra criteria for a 'real' man? 

Might be more accurate to say what's a successful man or a morally good man

7 minutes ago, Consept said:

I'm making the point that a male dog doesn't have to be anything other than a male dog to be considered a male dog so why is there extra criteria for a 'real' man? 

Might be more accurate to say what's a successful man or a morally good man

The enlightened people of the world think that there is a bright red line between a 'boy' and a 'man'. What is that line? Is my whole question. 

Everyone is very certain that it is a bright red line, there is no ambiguity in what it is. They disagree on the contents of what it is, though. Which is incredibly interesting. 

Edited by mr_engineer

You can certainly make a distinction between an AI man and a real man. 

These AI apps are getting scarier by the second.

https://blush.ai/

IMG_2770-min.jpeg

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Real men listen to metal.

They are not afraid to express their feelings. In fact, they are quite articulate about it. But also, they are tough as fuck and nothing can stand in their way.

Real men are gentle, loving and respectful beings, who are also capable of absolutely demolishing you. Physically, verbally, spiritually, or however else.

But most importantly, they listen to metal.

59 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

Real men listen to metal.

FK yeah! The ABSOLUTE!!!

To actual albums tho! lol

What you resist, persists and less of you exists. There is a part of you that never leaves. You are not in; you have never been. You know. You put it there and time stretches. 

4 hours ago, mr_engineer said:

The enlightened people of the world think that there is a bright red line between a 'boy' and a 'man'. What is that line? Is my whole question. 

Everyone is very certain that it is a bright red line, there is no ambiguity in what it is. They disagree on the contents of what it is, though. Which is incredibly interesting. 

Well biologically it's when a boy goes through puberty and becomes an adult which is the actual answer. But I would say a boy becomes a man when he is no longer reliant on other adults directly for his survival and takes responsibility for himself. 

A real man is one who doesn't give a shit about hewing to the societal standard of what a real man is supposed to be. He has his own code.

Edited by SeaMonster