BlessedLion

Ralston Gives A Clear Answer To Metaphysical Love Question

1,194 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Water by the River said:

Due to the legal status of these things in this country here, and my professional licences, I have to leave you with the "guess" and no clear answer on this public forum here.

But a nice, interesting and colourful shirt, isn't it? ;) 

I see ! Well, as I said earlier, necessary but not sufficient 

No space, no time, nothing but you/this/here/now

45 minutes ago, Loveeee said:

necessary but not sufficient 

Necessary in a way that one would be pretty stupid or narrowminded/dogmatic to not use these psychedelics tools nowadays (with all we know, and with the lovely stuff pioneers like Shulgin developed).

But not necessary in a way that can't be done without, because thousands of humans in history have done it without psychedelics.

Potent tools, and nearly all potent tools have dangers attached to it, see my long post above. And the more potent the tool normally the more dangers coming along with it.

And for the Buddhism-allergies of some participants of this forum ... (this comment is not directed to you Loveeee. Like the name btw ( :

Crowley, Secret Drugs of Buddhism: Psychedelic Sacraments and the Origins of the Vajrayana

Here we have in essence something quite similiar to the psychedelic path Buddhist style (although lots of meditation still involved, and also love&compassion&Boddhichitta teachings, which are nothing than a safe-guard along this dangerous path to not fall into ego-inflation, which is a no-go at the Gateless Gate).

This psychedelic path was pushed in the Vajrayana movement mainly at the end of the first millenium CE in India by the so called Mahasiddhas which also pioneered Tantra. To free their minds, they essentially did everything that was forbidden purity-wise in the society of Brahmin-India of the time: practice in charnel-grounds all kinds of colourful stuff while tripping, transcending most of the current laws of society, and so on.

A dangerous path, better not walked without a realized Guru, and in later forms of Vayrayana (like Tibetan Buddhism) moderated quite a lot (monasteries of tripping nuns & monks didn't work so well, bad PR and so on).

And they have left pretty similiar descriptions of Alien Realms, like the Supreme Array Sutra. 

https://www.psychedelicsangha.org/paisley-gate/2019/5/8/the-supreme-array-scripture-a-psychedelic-stra-for-buddhist-psychonauts-pp3zz

Or for God-Realization, the Supreme Source (although that is more Dzogchen, but written not much later than the events above)

Yet, humanity has the tendency to reinvent the wheel, and beat its own hand while hammering it.

Wer nicht von dreitausend Jahren Sich weiß Rechenschaft zu geben, 

Bleib im Dunkeln unerfahren, 

Mag von Tag zu Tage leben.

Johann Wolfgang Goethe

Edited by Water by the River

4 minutes ago, Water by the River said:

thousands of humans in history have done it without psychedelics.

The thing is : done what ? 

I'm talking God-mode as Leo defined it 

4 minutes ago, Loveeee said:

full enlightenment ... the owner has been owned, the torch has been passed

1 minute ago, Loveeee said:

Getting fully enlightened. Leos God-Realization, but on a sobre full-time basis. And without all these unnecssary concepts of AWAKENING n+1 on top. Just realizing and BEING Reality itself.

See the link of the Supreme Source above (or below), which even Leo confirmed as God Realization in the post later. Although he probably regrets having done so in the mean-time. You know, ONLY AWAKE(TM) being on the planet. 

On 25.10.2022 at 9:25 PM, Water by the River said:

Chogyal Namkhai Norbu, The Supreme Source:

"I am the teacher, pure and total consciousness, whence everything manifests. Pure and total consciousness is the supreme source, it has created the Buddhas of the three times, from it have arisen the beings of the three worlds and the whole animate and inanimate universe. [... ]

Pure and total consciousness has created everything and has not created anything. It has created everything because it has created its own nature, pure and total. It has not created anything because within it there exists no need to create. When my nature is not understood and the phenomena that manifest from me become the object of judgement, desire and attachment give rise to the creation of concrete vision that is impermanent and destined to vanish like a magical apparition, and one becomes like a blind man who does not know what is happening. [...I"

"As I transcend all affirmations and negations, I am beyond all phenomena. As no object exists that is not myself, I am beyond meditating on a view. As there is nothing to keep apart from myself, I am beyond a commitment to observe. As there is nothing to seek other than myself, I am beyond obtaining the capacity for spiritual action. As no place exists outside myself, I am beyond a level of realization to surpass. As I have never encountered obstacles, I am beyond [everything] as self-arising wisdom. As I am the ultimate unborn nature, I am beyond [everything] as the [true] subtle ultimate nature"

"I am called "the perfect condition" becauseeverything is contained in me. I am called "the source" because the teacher, teaching, and disciples arise from my three natures"

"I am the essence of all phenomena; nothing exists that is not my essence. The teachers of the three dimensions are my essence. The Buddhas of the three times are my essence. The Bodhisattvas are my essence. The four types of yogins are my essence. The three worlds, of desire, of form, and without form, too, are my manifestation. The five great elements are my essence. The six classes of beings are my essence. Everything inanimate is my essence. Everything that lives is my essence. All the habitats and the beings living therein are my essence. Nothing exists that is not my essence because I am the universal root: there is nothing that is not contained in me. The unborn, the wonder of birth, and the manifestation of energy are the three aspects of the three teachers: this is their condition."

"As the three times, past, present, and future, abide exclusively in me, all the Buddhas are in the same condition: this too is my essence. As I transcend the dualism of subject and object, like space I am allpervading, and I constitute the fundamental substance of all phenomena: my essence is pure and total consciousness. I, that am the source, abide in the single state, and in this same authentic condition the practitioners of the "four yogas"

"Realize my nature, the supreme source that is pure and total consciousness. Teach that all the phenomena of existence are only myself! If you transmit my teaching, all your disciples will realize my nature and will become this very nature.

"If my nature were to be compassionately displayed to the beings of the three worlds who have originated from me,....  Thus I, the supreme source, disclose my nature, displaying it to myself."

"Nothing other than this exists; none of the Buddhas have ever received a higher teaching than this from me, the source. Aside from this condition of equality beyond concepts, I myself, the supreme source whence everything arises, have absolutely nothing whatever to display to myself."

"Listen! As all of you are created by me, you beings of the three worlds are my children, equal to me, the supreme source. You are me, inseparable from me, so I manifest to you and through the five teachers of my natures I teach the single state of the five essences [of the elements]. I am the single state, I, the supreme source: you too are, you must become certain of this!"

"Listen, Sattvavajra! I will show you your own nature. You are me, the source. I am and have always been pure and total consciousness. What is pure and total consciousness?"

"Among all things existing in the animate and inanimate universe, there is not one single thing that has not been created by me, nor is there a cause that does not derive from me. Thus I am the essence of all, and nothing surpasses me. I am superior to the three dimensions, to the Buddhas of the three times, to the Vidyadharas, to the Bodhisattvas, to the beings of the three worlds, to the whole animate and inanimate universe, because I am the maker of all. Before there was any other teaching I, that am the source, pure and total consciousness, disclosed the teaching of pure and total
consciousness."

On 25.10.2022 at 9:29 PM, Leo Gura said:

@Water by the River That is very good. That guy gets it.

Unfortunately such Buddhists are rarer than hen's teeth. I dare you to find one in real life who will guide you to his level of consciousness in a way you can actually follow.

What you have to keep in mind about such people is they tend to be very gifted. Which is why they are so rare. You are not going to find such a Buddhist at your local retreat.

see this post:

But maybe even God-Realization(TM) has been updated in the meantime...

(Still) Selling (the same) Water by the River

2 minutes ago, Water by the River said:

Getting fully enlightened. Leos God-Realization, but on a sobre full-time basis. And without all these unnecssary concepts of AWAKENING n+1 on top. Just realizing and BEING Reality itself.

See the link of the Supreme Source above (or below), which even Leo confirmed as God Realization in the post later. Although he probably regrets having done so in the mean-time. You know, ONLY AWAKE(TM) being on the planet. 

see this post:

But maybe even God-Realization(TM) has been updated in the meantime...

(Still) Selling (the same) Water by the River

I'm not only talking about God-realization but God-mode, not only omniscience but omnipotence 

9 minutes ago, Loveeee said:

I'm not only talking about God-realization but God-mode, not only omniscience but omnipotence 

you're the whole jimmy buffet and then some

would you like fries too?

Just now, Loveeee said:

"General" Omniscience in knowing what the essence of everything, and what anything possible is and ever could be, yes. Knowing the gold of the ring,.

Specific Omniscience in knowing everything thats going on in all perspectives of Indras Net, or knowing all rings: Even Leo said "genereal" Omniscience instead of specific omniscience.

Leo never claimed omnipotence as Leo. Well, not yet, as far as I know. God/Reality/Absolute is omnipotent, not anyones relative self.

God could be considered as the "sum total" of all beings/persepctives/nodes of Indras Net (the manifest side of Infinite Consciousness/Absolute) and its essential unchanging essence of Empty Impersonal Groundless Awareness (the unmanifest Side of Infinite Consciousness). But here we already are on slippery conceptual/duality terrain. No single node/perspective/being in that is omnipotent.

Sure any being can (correctly) claim to be the Totality (which it is at its ESSENCE), but the standard move of declaring/confusing "Ego/separate self/node in Indras Net = God" and declaring that omniscient and omnipotent doesn't work. Or: Nietzsche: God is dead. God: Nietzsche is dead. That always ends in (solipsistic) Narcissism and suffering.

20 minutes ago, Water by the River said:

Leo never claimed omnipotence as Leo. Well, not yet, as far as I know. God/Reality/Absolute is omnipotent, not anyones relative self.

Here at 55:10 

20 minutes ago, Water by the River said:

all beings/persepctives/nodes of Indras Net

Do you mean that in a non-solipsist way ? 

2 hours ago, Water by the River said:

(nobody is smart enough to be wrong all the time)

Amazing. I'll make sure to include this bon mot in Bazooka's One Hundred Aphorisms For The Ages. ^_^

Why so serious?

48 minutes ago, Loveeee said:

Here at 55:10 

Here he is referring not to Leo/gross level of reality (this world), but to higher subtle/lower causal states where manifestation works like that. 

From the perspective of Reality/"God", if one is inclined to call it that) it works indeed like that.

And as Leo also already found out, it doesn't work on the Leo-Level of Indras Net like that, or else the million dollar would already be on the bank-account. Or why the camera didn't capture the Alien:

Because the totality of Indras Net overpowers with its will/manifestation/imagination-process the will of the little Leo-Node in it. When one becomes (Unity-state) the whole net of Indra, of course one wants exactly what Indras Net (the manifested Totality of Infinite Consciousness) wants at this moment: This world manifested/imagined exactly as it is(!), with strigent laws of manifestation (physical, biological, psychological, spiritual/Karma and so on) with no million dollar on the bank account by wishful thinking. And if one would still want the million dollars (egoic arising), one wouldn't be in a Unity State with Indras Net!

It is just one huge assumption that these insights and higher subtle/lower causal states (Union with the Totality of Indras Net) can not be had on the meditation/mystic path. 

Or in a more pure/impersonal way on the psychedelic path when combining it with more ego/separate-self transcendence/meditation. Why?

• Because Absolute Reality is IMPERSONAL, or in other words PURE Infinite Consciousness/Awareness.
  • It is these ego/separate-self arisings/filters/lensen that kill the awakened nondual state in normal sobre-ego-state, and
    • it is these filters/ego-lenses that get mostly lifted (not totally) in the psychedelic state, and on top one gets the nondual infinite experiences/states, and many Awakenings n+1 of all different kinds.
  • All disfigured and partly misinterpreted by these last remainings lensens/filters of ego/separate-self in the psychedelic experience.

All of that also has the hallmark of

• confusing remaining separate-self/ego remains/lenses with
  • Impersonal Pure Consciousness/Reality itself (the higher subtle, lower causal levels (Indras Net) and Impersonal Infinite Consciousness itself).

Why? Because with psychedelics one gets these states "for free" without paying the "normal" price of ego-transcendence before. So of course one perceives all of these states through the lenses of the not completly transcended ego. And one doesn't even "see" or realize this lense of perception, because one is still identified with it, sees "through" it. Because if one would be aware of that, it would be already gone&transcended. And that is why Leo totally sincerly makes the claims he does. He can't see the lenses that block nondual awakened states sobre, and he can't see these lenses through which he interprets all of these state-experiences and Awakenings.

And that then results in the Infinity of Gods Videos, which sould have better been called an Infinity of God-Egos.

The last ego/separate-self mechanisms/lenses/filters are extremely subtle and hard to spot. Very subtle arisings that are formless (not coarse thoughts or feelings) and create the illusion that one is not already all of Reality. It takes a long time in certain awakened nondual states to get rid of these towards Pure Impersonal Infinite Nondual Consciousness. It is these subtle arisings that don't let one see (or bask in) the True Absolute State of Awakened Infinite Nondual Reality in the first place in sobre states.

Selling (Impersonal/Pure Awareness) Water by the (Infinite Impersonal) River

Edited by Water by the River

No amount of psychedelics will help you. Because you have not learned how to use your mind properly.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Osaid could you define enlightenment? Since you claim to be enlightened, could you describe as precisely as possible what exactly this is for you.

For me, awakening, or enlightenment, or whatever we want to call it, is something that may not be the same for others. It is total openness to the now. The conceptual mind closes you to the now by creating an image of yourself and compartmentalizing reality in order to manipulate it. a very practical human function. Once you manage, after great effort and practice, to get out of there, you are open to reality. but there are degrees of depth, of clarity, of perception. you can go very deep. because you are reality, really. Now, the infinite reality is, the cosmos is blooming and branching, dancing, and you are that. happiness! adventure! unlimited depth. Anyone think this is silly, that reality is flat? that there are no levels? Reality is a well of unfathomable depth, and what Leo affirms perhaps it is one more level in the depth of this well, or not... since here few bother to explain clearly what their realizations are and they remain at: I am enlightened. reality is love. etc a little more detail would be appreciated

@Water by the River As for you. You will never Awaken until you first realize that you are a meditation rat.

Edited by Leo Gura

4 hours ago, Osaid said:

Do edibles count? I took them a day after I became enlightened.

It depends....

3 hours ago, Loveeee said:

If you ain't taking psychedelics you're fooling yourself 

^^^Your full of it lol....psychedelics.....is a broad term....for some...weed can be just as strong if not stronger than some classical psychedelics.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

I'm the only one here who understands what Awakening is. And it's Beauitiful.

Why are you Enlightend guys so ugly?

Your Enlightenment is just lipstick on a pig.

:D

Edited by Leo Gura

Just now, Leo Gura said:

I'm the only one here who understands what Awakening is. And it's Beauitiful.

:D

A brief explanation would be great

3 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

@Osaid could you define enlightenment? Since you claim to be enlightened, could you describe as precisely as possible what exactly this is for you.

For me, awakening, or enlightenment, or whatever we want to call it, is something that may not be the same for others. It is total openness to the now. The conceptual mind closes you to the now by creating an image of yourself and compartmentalizing reality in order to manipulate it. a very practical human function. Once you manage, after great effort and practice, to get out of there, you are open to reality. but there are degrees of depth, of clarity, of perception. you can go very deep. because you are reality, really. Now, the infinite reality is, the cosmos is blooming and branching, dancing, and you are that. happiness! adventure! unlimited depth. Anyone think this is silly, that reality is flat? that there are no levels? Reality is a well of unfathomable depth, and what Leo affirms perhaps it is one more level in the depth of this well, or not... since here few bother to explain clearly what their realizations are and they remain at: I am enlightened. reality is love. etc a little more detail would be appreciated

All enlightenment is to me, is a direct connection as a baseline. I'm currently going through another process right now where I think I am in the process of permanently turning off my body....but we will see. It's very weird...first I got a direct connection to reality, then more and more of my impurities have been dissolved, I'm now starting to dream again after going decades without the ability to dream when I go to sleep cause I just blank out of existence when I usually sleep.

More and more my body...feels machine like now, like a vehicle, a tight shoe that I have on. This is all baseline without the use of any substances. Any youtube video I watch I am instantly there. So I can travel to any place in the world, and be everything there without having to jump on a plane and fly there. I believe this baseline can go further, but I'm currently in the process to see how far I can go sober. Eventually I will end up taking some conscious-altering substance to facilitate but for now I'm doing things sober.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

2 hours ago, Water by the River said:

But a nice, interesting and colourful shirt, isn't it? ;) 

Is that you? :o

29 minutes ago, Water by the River said:

Here he is referring not to Leo/gross level of reality (this world), but to higher subtle/lower causal states where manifestation works like that. 

From the perspective of Reality/"God", if one is inclined to call it that) it works indeed like that.

And as Leo also already found out, it doesn't work on the Leo-Level of Indras Net like that, or else the million dollar would already be on the bank-account. Or why the camera didn't capture the Alien:

Because the totality of Indras Net overpowers with its will/manifestation/imagination-process the will of the little Leo-Node in it. When one becomes (Unity-state) the whole net of Indra, of course one wants exactly what Indras Net (the manifested Totality of Infinite Consciousness) wants at this moment: This world manifested/imagined exactly as it is(!), with strigent laws of manifestation (physical, biological, psychological, spiritual/Karma and so on) with no million dollar on the bank account by wishful thinking. And if one would still want the million dollars (egoic arising), one wouldn't be in a Unity State with Indras Net!

It is just one huge assumption that these insights and higher subtle/lower causal states (Union with the Totality of Indras Net) can not be had on the meditation/mystic path. 

Or in a more pure/impersonal way on the psychedelic path when combining it with more ego/separate-self transcendence/meditation. Why?

• Because Absolute Reality is IMPERSONAL, or in other words PURE Infinite Consciousness/Awareness.
  • It is these ego/separate-self arisings/filters/lensen that kill the awakened nondual state in normal sobre-ego-state, and
    • it is these filters/ego-lenses that get mostly lifted (not totally) in the psychedelic state, and on top one gets the nondual infinite experiences/states, and many Awakenings n+1 of all different kinds.
  • All disfigured and partly misinterpreted by these last remainings lensens/filters of ego/separate-self in the psychedelic experience.

All of that also has the hallmark of

• confusing remaining separate-self/ego remains/lenses with
  • Impersonal Pure Consciousness/Reality itself (the higher subtle, lower causal levels (Indras Net) and Impersonal Infinite Consciousness itself).

Why? Because with psychedelics one gets these states "for free" without paying the "normal" price of ego-transcendence before. So of course one perceives all of these states through the lenses of the not completly transcended ego. And one doesn't even "see" or realize this lense of perception, because one is still identified with it, sees "through" it. Because if one would be aware of that, it would be already gone&transcended. And that is why Leo totally sincerly makes the claims he does. He can't see the lenses that block nondual awakened states sobre, and he can't see these lenses through which he interprets all of these state-experiences and Awakenings.

And that then results in the Infinity of Gods Videos, which sould have better been called an Infinity of God-Egos.

The last ego/separate-self mechanisms/lenses/filters are extremely subtle and hard to spot. Very subtle arisings that are formless (not coarse thoughts or feelings) and create the illusion that one is not already all of Reality. It takes a long time in certain awakened nondual states to get rid of these towards Pure Impersonal Infinite Nondual Consciousness. It is these subtle arisings that don't let one see (or bask in) the True Absolute State of Awakened Infinite Nondual Reality in the first place in sobre states.

Selling (Impersonal/Pure Awareness) Water by the (Infinite Impersonal) River

Well we'll have to agree to disagree 

What about my question, are you a solipsist ? 

Edited by Loveeee