Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thenondualtankie

Jobs for improving social confidence?

20 posts in this topic

I'm currently a student but I need to have a job for around three months. I really need to work on improving social confidence. What jobs would push me to developing these skills?

I was thinking bartending but that might be a little bit too much of a stretch for me. I don't even drink much.

Cashier is great for that. 

Edited by Sugarcoat

13 minutes ago, thenondualtankie said:

You have any experience with it? How did it affect your social skills?

Yes. I worked as a cashier for a couple of months this last year. Both by socializing with colleagues and customers I found myself more and more comfortable with it and it got more and more natural as time went by and I had a lot of fun and some interesting experiences. 

id say if you do it, focus first on learning the task at hand until you get comfortable with that, don’t stress about the social part in the beginning.  Then when you feel you’ve gotten it down you can focus more on the interactions. Be open, let it come naturally. You might surprise yourself by how you can be

Edited by Sugarcoat

Waiter and Barkeeper are cool student Jobs to build social skills. You can also work in a nightclub or fundraise in the street

Selling stuff and contracts and ask for donations stuff on the street. A friend did that and said he never met to many people and women.

Bartending would be great.

Sales jobs that work on commission are also great.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I once worked a sales job selling river cruise tickets (on a Moscow river, lol)

I worked only 3 days and then quit, but with these 3 days I approached more than 1k people. All I did was constantly approach people on the street and try to shove them tickets. It really grew me a lot and killed a huge chunk of my approach anxiety

Edited by Hello from Russia

Sales ???

Sales sounds awful to me. It just sounds like a job where you try to rip people off. Is that usually the case or is this an exaggeration?

Sales are great you will learn many principles. How to build rapport how plow, how to push the enough to close the deal but at the same time to be not overly pushy. 

I used to sell basically how water and I had to make it work somehow. It was very fun and great experiance.

Also you will learn how to deal with annoyed and angry customers :D which is pretty helpful.

@kamill Is sales difficult to break into?

One option I have is parking enforcement, lol. I have a family member who does it for a living. He says it's awful since these guys are hated by almost everyone. I mean their entire job is to give parking tickets.

I think I'll keep this as a last resort in case I can't find a different job haha. Said family member would be able to get me referred and I can start within a week. I wonder if it would actually help my social skills, or would it fuck them up even more...

Sales is perfectly suited for certain personality types. Like extreme extroverts. Sales is hell for extreme introverts. But that's also why it would make you grow quickly.

Edited by Leo Gura

You need to find a job with a good peer group. It doesn't matter what kind of job it is. If you hang out with cool and confident people you will adopt that vibe from the group.

On 29/08/2023 at 8:39 PM, thenondualtankie said:

@kamill Is sales difficult to break into?

Sales is actually notoriously easy to break into.

Almost no one is willing to do it, and if you suck, you might work for free. 

So applicant demand for sales is not oversaturated at all. 

I'm considering doing commission sales at weekends to build masculine energy. Anything that will make me more likely to approach women in the day, and more tolerant to rejection, can't not be beneficial. 

Even though the context and intention is non sexual, the mindset is the same : keep fucking going, forget the rejections, persistence.

Edited by Optimized Life

Pickup is just used dick sales.

Edited by Leo Gura

Customer service, I work on the phone lines for social security get paid to chat to people all day it's great 

Edited by Chives99

"You have to allow yourself to not know"- Peter Ralston

Tour guide.

Edited by D2sage

Any type of sales job, even closing on the phone, would be great. It puts you in circumstances where you get all sorts of pushback and objections that you have to handle. Not only do you gain social confidence, but you can also learn persuasion tactics that will greatly help you in life.

Used dick tour guide.