Someone here

Solipsism syndrome

53 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Someone here said:

You can't not make conclusions.  In order to survive as this flimsy ball of imagination that you are ..you must create metaphysical and Epistemological conclusions about what reality is ..otherwise you will be left in a state of complete not-knowing and that might make you go insane.

Actually, not-knowing is completely liberating.  You may want to look into Zen mind.

"You might go insane" is the mind playing tricks on you. "Believe this or else!" - in other words perpetuate the ego.

You don't need to know what reality is to LIVE, just as you don't need to know integrated electronics to use a computer.

14 hours ago, Someone here said:

Solipsism is both true and false simultaneously.

The crux of the (my) argument is that solipsism is a viewpoint not an absolute. It's a viewpoint because there has to be an observer to realise "I'm the only one" or "my reality is the only reality that exists". But if the observer or "I" is actually just a construct within reality (which seems likely), then the observer is not an absolute. What you're then left with is just bulk "reality" without observers and that isn't solipsism, it's something else.

All stories and explanations are false.

Solipsism is true. It’s truth. It just is what it is

30 minutes ago, Dazgwny said:

Solipsism is true. It’s truth. It just is what it is

Solipsism is an "-ism", and ALL -isms are false by definition.

An -ism is a story about reality, not reality itself.

Why so serious?

50 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Solipsism is an "-ism", and ALL -isms are false by definition.

An -ism is a story about reality, not reality itself.

You will realize you are completely alone.  Call it whatever you want. 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

7 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

I have already realized that. And then I realized that "me being alone" is a mental story.

Why so serious?

1 minute ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

I have already realized that. And then I realized that "me being alone" is a mental story.

No.  It's not both. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

5 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

What else could anything we say be but a mental story. Explain

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

The reason we enjoy our illusion/delusion is because we're eternal and alone, there is nothing to do and you're eternally stuck with yourself. When you wake up while being in your ego body you will realize that all the reality turns around you and constructs around you based on your beliefs/thoughts/being, and that there is nobody else. When you awake and will have a form of omniscience you will understand that the nature of reality is based on lies/deceptions and lots of insanity for it to work. You will regret for not loving others enough because you were not awake. When you leave your ego body, you're stuck with yourself as god and will understand that all the reality within you is a big family and that is you, when you stop dreaming about it , it will lose harmony/peace/flow and you start seeking again as god and realize that the only option is to incarnate. So i suggest you to accept is as soon as possible, the more you fight against it the worse it's gonna be for you.

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

22 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

What else could anything we say be but a mental story.

It couldn't. That's the whole point. ;)

Why so serious?

55 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

No.  It's not both. 

True that. The first is a stepping stone towards the latter.

"Realizing that you are alone" is not an experience. It's the interpretation of an experience.

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

14 minutes ago, Jowblob said:

When you wake up while being in your ego body you will realize that all the reality turns around you and constructs around you based on your beliefs/thoughts/being

This

solipsism is only true or false from the conceptual mind, which encapsulates reality, plots it, and classifies it. the difference between there are others or there are no others is a line. in reality there are no lines, it is liquid, not solid. if you get out of the conceptual mind, the question is meaningless. If you expand in the ocean of reality, it could be said that there is only you, but in you are all the others.

10 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

if you get out of the conceptual mind, the question is meaningless.

Excellent point. ?

The only problem is that if you tell that to a rookie, he/she will just give you a blank stare and go right back to mulling over the question. xD

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

5 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

The only problem is that if you tell that to a rookie, he/she will just give you a blank stare and go right back to mulling over the question. xD

It's definitely hard to be aware of something you're not aware of, even if someone tries to make you aware of it. The thing is solipsism isn't even useful, it explains nothing and gives you nothing in return, except existential angst.

All stories and explanations are false.

Solipsism is true. It's just that it is misunderstood. There is only one consciousness but everything is consciousness so it doesn't really matter.

Someone here is not alone. God is. Someone here is a figment of God's infinite mind. Someone here Is a figment and in that figment everything exists - just like Sam is a figment of everything. Everything is itself and is so immeshed in itself that it is itself and it cannot be anything other than itself. 

God is so alone that it is together.

Edited by SamC

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

In solipsism there are no people its just a voice in your head you are making up is coming  from a 3d object that you are making up is alive and conscious. The voice has no meaning its not saying anything but you are pretending to understand it.

There’s a difference between experiencing as if it’s all your mind, and feeling existentially alone vs simply going back and forth with ideas in your head wether it’s true or not, but your daily experience is not what is described as this solipsism syndrome. Don’t really see the point in this back and forth in your mind. What if it’s true? Doesn’t really change your everyday experience still

22 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Yes. People can beat about the bush all they want. Ism’s are stories blah blah blah. We’ve gotta communicate it using some phrase, that’s if you want to communicate it. But again, it is what it is

1 hour ago, Sugarcoat said:

There’s a difference between experiencing as if it’s all your mind, and feeling existentially alone vs simply going back and forth with ideas in your head wether it’s true or not, but your daily experience is not what is described as this solipsism syndrome. Don’t really see the point in this back and forth in your mind. What if it’s true? Doesn’t really change your everyday experience still

Yes, it can. I don't think anyone can know this for sure without using psychedelics or have had mystical experiences or NDE's, idk, but what I do know is time and time again I've continuously experienced how I've placed things, people and experiences in my life and it wasn't luck or chance. I constantly tests this and no amount of others would have brought these things to pass. Don't know if I'm expressing this correctly as in the phrase " placing things", but it's mind-blowing to me and they are just minor things or what I conceive to be minor. It's a game I play with myself all the time, and the results are always shocking how things always line up.

It changes your everyday experiences by increasing your abilities to trust yourself amongst other things.

Edited by Princess Arabia