Javfly33

I need an alternative to sugary drinks

63 posts in this topic

Any ideas to make a homemade drink that has sugar?

I'm so tired of wasting tons of money ok Coke, Sprite, Nestea's and that crap over priced drinks that have dangerous edulcorants, preservatives and shit.

I do need sugar, I go to the gym almost everyday and my body craves it, also I have an oxy habit so I think the drug depletes my sugar resources because I really crave it when I do it. So because of this two things I find myself everyday at some point of the day buying this sugary cans.

Any idea to make a homemade drink of just water, sugar (and anything else that could be beneficial) and that will taste good?

@Michael569

coca cola is cheap and taste good 

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

58 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

How 'bout smoothies?

Is a good thing but sometimes they are too heavy on digestion before doing exercise 

56 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

Is not cheap, around here is 1€ per 0.33cl can.

Apple/Orange juice?

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

1 hour ago, Schizophonia said:

Can I have some to clean my pipes and toilet. It makes for a good rust remover too.

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time.

4 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Apple/Orange juice?

Stay away from store bought.

1 minute ago, Princess Arabia said:

Stay away from store bought.

Yea, i was implying that between the lines.

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

I drink kombucha. If I make something at home, It's lemonade with lemon/lime, ginger and maple syrup or raw honey for sweetener. You can also do carrot/beet/ginger, or carrot/tumeric/orange.

Edited by Princess Arabia

11 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

I drink kombucha. If I make something at home, It's lemonade with lemon/lime, ginger and maple syrup or raw honey for sweetener. You can also do carrot/beet/ginger, or carrot/tumeric/orange.

Damn, you beat me to it :D

Not only is kombucha a fermented tea with no added sugars (usually it's sweetened with fruit juices), it's also loaded with tons of beneficial gut bacteria. 

"It is from my open heart that I will mirror you, and reflect back to you all that you are:

As a being of love, of energy, 

of passion, and truth."

2 minutes ago, toasty7718 said:

Damn, you beat me to it :D

Not only is kombucha a fermented tea with no added sugars (usually it's sweetened with fruit juices), it's also loaded with tons of beneficial gut bacteria. 

Yea, but be careful of the brand. I like GT's or Health-Ade. Stay away from Kevita.

Edited by Princess Arabia

1 hour ago, Salvijus said:

Apple/Orange juice?

It would be a good idea but usually those are two acidic for me. Maybe I´ll try with a more alkaline fruit .

1 hour ago, Princess Arabia said:

thats a good idea, how you do the kombucha like how do you make the bubbles? or no bubbles?

3 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

I do need sugar, I go to the gym almost everyday and my body craves it, also I have an oxy habit so I think the drug depletes my sugar resources

You do not NEED sugar, you crave it. Simple advice is to kick the drug habit and only drink water. Obviously easier said than done, but its the root solution to the problem.

Maybe the only "healthy" alternative would be some sort of pure fruit juice. Maybe you could buy a juicer and make your own stuff

2 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

It would be a good idea but usually those are two acidic for me. Maybe I´ll try with a more alkaline fruit .

thats a good idea, how you do the kombucha like how do you make the bubbles? or no bubbles?

I buy it. It's everywhere. I trust GT's and Health-Aide. Some Supermarkets have it and Walmart. Gotta look in the specialty drink section.

Coconut water? Simple. Can buy in bulk. Natural electrolyte drink.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

6 hours ago, Osaid said:

???

Great recommendation.

Why so serious?

10 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

I buy it. It's everywhere. I trust GT's and Health-Aide. Some Supermarkets have it and Walmart. Gotta look in the specialty drink section.

Girl not everyone lives on the USA ?

7 hours ago, Osaid said:

22 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

???

Great recommendation.

Noted, not a bad idea. 

35 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Girl not everyone lives on the USA ?

Ok, well Amazon sells it. 

47 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Noted, not a bad idea. 

It should be mentioned that the quality of coconut water can also greatly vary according to the brand. During my time in Raval I used to buy it at one of those Pakistani shops, and I remember that they had two different types... one really good, one really crappy. So, buyer beware. ;)

But yeah, coconut water is probably the best natural energy drink in existence. And it's yummy as hell.

Why so serious?

20 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

It should be mentioned that the quality of coconut water can also greatly vary according to the brand. During my time in Raval I used to buy it at one of those Pakistani shops, and I remember that they had two different types... one really good, one really crappy. So, buyer beware. ;)

But yeah, coconut water is probably the best natural energy drink in existence. And it's yummy as hell.

Yh i LOVE kombucha, so Manu varities where i am.

@bazooka Jesus i am cucurrently living in BCN, just out of curiosity which coconut waters are u refering to? The coconut waters in the bottle are the 'healthier ones' usually un the fridge.