Javfly33

I need an alternative to sugary drinks

63 posts in this topic

On 9/5/2023 at 4:53 PM, LoneWonderer said:

Many people here have suggested kombucha and I also suggest it. It is extremely healthy drink that actually promotes and improves your health. Only downside is that it's expensive AF if you don't make it yourself.

It’s amazing how all the good stuff is expensive and takes work to get… almost like by design xD

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

On 2/9/2023 at 0:28 AM, Basman said:

I have a relative with a soda addiction and it is not good. Not only is it wrecking their gum line to the point they have to get expensive dental treatment to fix it (despite being good at brushing) it is also just expensive. The expense of daily soda adds up quick. I sometimes deposit all of the bottles that are left after a month or so and it is enough money to pay for a week's worth of groceries. And that is just a fraction of the money spent on those drinks. I don't think it is worth it. 

I highly recommend anyone addicted to soda to get of it. Even if you just replace it with some other sugary crap, atleast if it is less acidic as well as cheaper than regular soda, then you are making an improvement. 

Some ideas are tea with generous amounts of honey. Then you are also getting some caffeeine. Or even simpler, just pour sugar into a cup of water. 

@Basman Thanks! That motivates me to quit that crap for good. Today I was going to buy a Coke but I controlled myself and bought carbonated water instead lol 

On 9/12/2023 at 7:58 PM, Javfly33 said:

@Basman Thanks! That motivates me to quit that crap for good. Today I was going to buy a Coke but I controlled myself and bought carbonated water instead lol 

Hey man, thats great to hear. Happy to hear you are making an improvement :D:D:D