Someone here

Anyone in this forum completely transcended fear of death ?

219 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura

I have the same thoughts regarding suicide. 

Its like You still have an attachment for life .  Killing the body is no guarantee of less suffering t. That’s a projection-based story you’re telling yourself. Do you want to deal with suffering in an existence you understand and can control..or are you feeling lucky and ready to gamble? It’s all just a guessing game really. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

5 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Easy. Just do 5meo a lot of times, then do lsd like me in this moment, just a bit,  and you will realize the depth

Not realizing the depth, but the sustaining of it is what i'm talking about. 

6 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

Wish i could find a way of being in a state of meditation while i'm being involved with the world. Like carrying that state of being that i find in meditation into my worldly being. 

I could be walking down the street while meditating, on the toilet, being around people, whenever. For me it's spontaneous. I am not that disciplined to say I will dedicate a certain time, place, day to meditate. My mind will just not allow it. But it does allow for spontaneity. So I take advantage of that. I meditated for 2 mins while on this thread already and it was beautiful. It just came to me. I devoted 2 mins of time to presence while here, especially discussing this topic. It's so intense.

Meditation doesn't have to be hard. Sitting there with your hand on your heart and feeling the heart beat and focussing on that and your breath for 2-5mins can do wonders for your psyche, even though you're not doing it to accomplish anything, just to become familiar with your being and because it just feels good for its own sake.

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time.

15 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

Wish i could find a way of being in a state of meditation while i'm being involved with the world. Like carrying that state of being that i find in meditation into my worldly being. 

It depends a lot if you have designed your life so that this is possible or not.

1 hour ago, Princess Arabia said:

I was just trying to make a point, how suffering is relative. I'm not in a suffering pity party. We're just having a discussion here.

For sure, you were trying to break up the party ♥️

2 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

It depends a lot if you have designed your life so that this is possible or not.

I hope i have, haha. 

1 minute ago, josemar said:

For sure, you were trying to break up the party ♥️

Well I failed. The party is still going on. Would you like a dirty martini laced with lsd or 5meo...I'm just having water with a touch of pity on the rocks.

4 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

I could be walking down the street while meditating, on the toilet, being around people, whenever. For me it's spontaneous. I am not that disciplined to say I will dedicate a certain time, place, day to meditate. My mind will just not allow it. But it does allow for spontaneity. So I take advantage of that. I meditated for 2 mins while on this thread already and it was beautiful. It just came to me. I devoted 2 mins of time to presence while here, especially discussing this topic. It's so intense.

Meditation doesn't have to be hard. Sitting there with your hand on your heart and feeling the heart beat and focussing on that and your breath for 2-5mins can do wonders for your psyche, even though you're not doing it to accomplish anything, just to become familiar with your being and because it just feels good for its own sake.

It is interesting that the subject of death is a very intense subject, because i believe that we will become pure love and joy when we die. 

And yeah, i don't know, maybe it is possible for me also to be in a state which i tune to in meditation while i'm in the worldly mode also. 

43 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Lol Don’t watch that hahaha

Why? :P

42 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Now I really wanna watch it. Is it the one 2008, directed by Pascal Laugier

Yup, the remake is trash don't watch it.

if you are not contemplating and getting comfortable with end of life and taking yours into your own hands you're not doing the deep work ... i leave no undertaking unfinished today and am happy to sign off... i put in a good innings, climbed the mountains that presented and didn't leave stones unturned

as i have said to the near and dear ones feel free to append my words to my gravestone

25 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Leo Gura

Its like You still have an attachment for life .  Killing the body is no guarantee of less suffering t. That’s a projection-based story you’re telling yourself. Do you want to deal with suffering in an existence you understand and can control..or are you feeling lucky and ready to gamble? It’s all just a guessing game really. 

We're afraid of dying, we're afraid of living, we're afraid of the aliens, the robots, afraid of each other, afraid of suffering, afraid of losing control, afraid of not knowing, afraid of getting lost, staying lost, afraid of poverty, afraid of getting rich, afraid of the boogeyman, afraid of angels, afraid of our thoughts, afraid of our emotions, afraid of our shadow, afraid of heights, spiders, and snakes, afraid of failure, afraid of success, afraid of receiving love, afraid of giving love..it never ends. Humans are afraid of everything.

7 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

Yup, the remake is trash don't watch it.

Ok thanks. It's free on Tubi, which I have. I'll watch it tonight after I've turned off the lights and I hope it rains with lightning and thunder and someone knocks on the door and when I go to answer it no one is there and I hope a big ass spider crawls on my laptop screen and scares the shit outta me, and if I awaken in the morning still intact, I will know that I have nothing else to fear because I've faced my biggest fears and still I'm OK.

3 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

The house I'm living in did catch on fire once around 6yrs ago. Didn't see it coming. I'm still living in the same house. We did what we needed to do at the time. When it happened it happened. I didn't go through suffering wondering about my house catching on fire before it happened. I don't go around wondering about the things that might happen, my mind goes towards things I want to happen. Things happen, yes, but why go about life focusing on what could happen. Instead focus on what you want to happen. That's how we create.

That's a wise outlook.  And a positive one.   The longer one lives the longer they are prone to experience some type of deep suffering, most likely due to loss.   I woke up from one of the worst nightmares of my life this week....in the dream my dog Jax, who is so dear and beloved to me (a Siberian Husky) was mauled by a massive mastiff.  This was after I did nothing while he and my other husky had been bullying smaller dogs and i allowed it.  Then, seeing him lay dying - rolling him over as he gargled up blood from his throat being ripped out, I wept that this can't be actually happening.  In the dream I could feel the actuality of it.   I felt what it would be like to lose him.  I have lost loved ones in my life, some from my own doing, that have caused deep suffering taking decades to get past. 

So yes these things exist.  As long as we hold attachments in this world.  And really,  life is nothing but one giant attachment.  Once you stop caring - its really over at that point.

@Leo Gura time does heal all wounds and you will get past whatever you are going through.  And you will grow from it as a human being.  It will increase your consciousness and your compassion.   But it isnt easy and sometimes it can take many years to get past.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

49 minutes ago, Bandman said:

Do you still suffer when you die/are no longer human? does consciousness ever transcend suffering?

The idea of human suffering won’t have a a human meaning if you’re no longer human. I know that sounds preposterous, yet many believe that transcending being a human is the way out of suffering, so there’s that.

Suffering is not a mistake; the mistake is running away from it and not willing to understand it at deeper levels.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

57 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Leo Gura

Suffering is good.

1 hour ago, Vibroverse said:

Not realizing the depth, but the sustaining of it is what i'm talking about. 

11 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

I'm working in it every day. Not just sustaining, but increasing it. the problem with sustaining it is that you start to eliminate the superfluous, the inharmonious, and in the end there's almost nothing left, but I don't see any other option. then there is the matter of going deeper. I see it inevitable. but there are a lot of traps there, conceptualizing and all that. But what to do? Go deeper 

27 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

time does heal all wounds and you will get past whatever you are going through.  And you will grow from it as a human being.

Yup, that's my plan.

Thanks!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Thought Art said:

Who here really knows anything? 

I don't know. Is it really possible to understand the reality? @Leo Gura 

what do you think? how much have you understood?