LSD-Rumi

Headache and eyes pain after playing video games

17 posts in this topic

I know this traditionally caused by eyes strain or blue light, but this is different. They symptoms develop after just few minutes of playing and it doesn't happen when watching movies for example. Any ideas?

Means the game is not suitable for you. 

Just now, hyruga said:

Means the game is not suitable for you. 

Seems all games are not suitable for me xD

Games can be more cognitively stimulating, often requiring a much higher level of deeper concentration, and can lead reduced rate of blinking and that intensity might, in some people lead to headaches. You might be unconciously tensing your jaw , neck, traps and upper back muscles while focusing - pay attention to that, all of these things can lead to headaches potentially. 

Some games also require endless micro-ing and task switching, that could also be it. Movies usually don't require that. 

Do you watch movies on the same monitor? 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

53 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

Do you watch movies on the same monitor? 

Yup

53 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

You might be unconciously tensing your jaw , neck, traps and upper back muscles while focusing - pay attention to that, all of these things can lead to headaches potentially. 

Yeah, maybe it is this. I will try to relax more

Personally, I cannot really play first person shooting game like half-life. I will get a headache after a while and I noticed them after a few sessions of playing. That was in the past though. Now my friends and I no longer play.

It seems I get tense when I play video games, I am trying to relax, it is getting better.

@hyruga I am playing STALKER right now, and it is fking amazing.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

That's it, I am not touching any video game from now on. 10 min gaming produce 1h headache, tearing, eye pain and the body feels like it was poisoned. Fk I liked STALKER, But goodbye, I already deleted it, No video games on my PC from now on.

7 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

That's it, I am not touching any video game from now on. 10 min gaming produce 1h headache, tearing, eye pain and the body feels like it was poisoned. Fk I liked STALKER, But goodbye, I already deleted it, No video games on my PC from now on.

Im living the same pattern. Many games ive had to stop playing and delete. I can only play games with low intensity like Viewfinder or Portal, where you can take your time.

When a game involves keeping the main character alive, that creates stress and pressure to avoid failure. There is a desire not to die and that resistance causes stress response in the body. Accept failure and there is no stress, but the issue is performance drops with lower reaction time and worse results.

Basicly your trying to relax in bed and at the same time survive while fighting for your life in the wild (game) lol. Its not possible. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

I get headaches and eye pain from driving a car for more than one hour

Maybe you are too tense

Edited by MarkKol

15 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

It's the same for me so I don't play first person shooter game.

Does your chair have arm rests? Are they positioned so that your cursor hand rests at the same height as your elbow? That is crucial for eliminating excess tension while gaming.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Can comfirm, it is a thing related to fps games only. They say it is motion sickness but I have never experienced it before.

I may had sinusitis too at that time, because I had one recently and just looking at my computer caused me headache.

On 8/1/2023 at 3:05 AM, LSD-Rumi said:

@hyruga I am playing STALKER right now, and it is fking amazing.

So was @Squeekytoy!

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

This is actually great, and you should be grateful you're experiencing these symptoms.  It's your body's way of notifying you what's unhealthy for you and protecting you.  You can find an activity that doesn't produce ill-effects and be better off in the long run.