BojackHorseman

What if everything was just material/science?

13 posts in this topic

Sometimes I wonder if overthinking and imagining non proven yet concept is not just escapism, in a way.

Why can't we just be satisfied by what we have?

Granted, science is evolving and like always, it will

Humans are really a tiring species. Are we the only ones like that, thinking that much, creating concepts?

Now obviously I'm here so I'm an overthinker.

But sometimes, I just try to take a step out and look at this box. What if some people were actually right and all those high-end/enlightenment and whatnot spiritualities were kind of useless, and just a way to pass time like we do with other types of stories we create?
Maybe we should just take some parts of it like meditation to calm our body/brain, but maybe the spirit and all, are just ways for us to make ourselves sound special.

Why not just be flesh and bones monkeys, just a brain trying to survive and thinking it's something greater than what it is? Looking for greater meanings just cause we need it for some reason?

What is the purpose of concepts like "God"?

What happens if you don't try to be conscious about whatever it might be and understand it?

Isn't this just some reassuring way to make sense of all the chaos and individuality?

Edited by BojackHorseman

You only think like that because you take existence for granted  .

What's happening right now is am unexplainable miracle. 

100000000 years of science won't unravel the mystery of a single atom.

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

False hope, perhaps, but the Truth never got in my way, before now

Edited by tuku747

True spirituality is all about putting an end to overthinking and recognizing raw reality.

The great irony is that the standart materialist story of a world "out there" that we are somehow seperate from and that's made out of "physical stuff" which is somehow different from mind stuff is in fact a wildly fantastical and far-fetched fairytale. Absolute truth is much more simple than that... so simple indeed that it is impossible to wrap your mind around it.

Why so serious?

1 hour ago, BojackHorseman said:

What happens if you don't try to be conscious about whatever it might be and understand it?

Look for yourself.

There is nothing. Here are words appearing out of that. Here is a screen appearing out of that. Here is the mind trying to understand it. Here is the mind applying language in an attempt to communicate it. How can you communicate nothing, when language is invented to communicate something? It is a dead end. Every teaching you listen to, and every string of words you read, that tries to communicate nothing/everything, is what you are looking for, acting as if it is not. I haven't been on this forum for a couple of years, I just had an impulse to check out what is going on here. I see people from back then still spouting nonsense till this day. No one can really tell you what to do. I can't say that you should leave this forum and forget about all of this, because chances are you can't. I couldn't, until I did. But this is a dead end, and it will always be. Life doesn't come with a manual, you just have to live it. Every person on here is sitting behind a phone screen or computer screen typing in words, and some will think it means something. Some person could say "there is no one here, there is no one typing," alright, but if I tracked your IP address and flew to your house and shouted your name from outside your window. You would stop writing, get up out of your bed and look outside your window. I would then continue to provoke you to come outside, and we would have a street fight right then and there. Then, after I won, I would go inside your house, go to actualized.org on your computer and send a GIF of a monkey dancing to Leo with a link to this song: 

Then he would reach full enlightenment and we would all be saved!

If everything is material, then how does one explain the placebo effect, the nocebo effect, body-mind medicine, etc.?

Why should it matter what your state of consciousness is if it's all just material interactions?

You would benefit from "10% Happier: How I Tamed the Voice in My Head", by Dan Harris. It's a pragmatic, science-based approach to the benefits of meditation.

Maybe it is the first domino toward happiness deeper than 10%.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

14 minutes ago, traveler said:

Look for yourself.

There is nothing. Here are words appearing out of that. Here is a screen appearing out of that. Here is the mind trying to understand it. Here is the mind applying language in an attempt to communicate it. How can you communicate nothing, when language is invented to communicate something? It is a dead end. Every teaching you listen to, and every string of words you read, that tries to communicate nothing/everything, is what you are looking for, acting as if it is not. I haven't been on this forum for a couple of years, I just had an impulse to check out what is going on here. I see people from back then still spouting nonsense till this day. No one can really tell you what to do. I can't say that you should leave this forum and forget about all of this, because chances are you can't. I couldn't, until I did. But this is a dead end, and it will always be. Life doesn't come with a manual, you just have to live it. Every person on here is sitting behind a phone screen or computer screen typing in words, and some will think it means something. Some person could say "there is no one here, there is no one typing," alright, but if I tracked your IP address and flew to your house and shouted your name from outside your window. You would stop writing, get up out of your bed and look outside your window. I would then continue to provoke you to come outside, and we would have a street fight right then and there. Then, after I won, I would go inside your house, go to actualized.org on your computer and send a GIF of a monkey dancing to Leo with a link to this song: 

Then he would reach full enlightenment and we would all be saved!

I get what you mean. I've wasted my life debating with people and looking up solutions, alternatives. On one hand, I think that is what I am. That my brain or something deeper actually needs this kind of stimulation.

I don't think I'm relly looking or someone to tell me what to do tho. I'm just looking for pieces of the puzzle and chosing the ones I miss. So many human experience can only lead me to better things, otherwise I wouldn't be here. I think it's a mix of both. Reading and talking, and then experiencing.
Granted, I'm certainly not doing the second one neaaarly enough.
Not sure if it scares me. Or if I deep down I don't believe in myself and just distract myself with pretty stories and concepts.

But yeah. I fucking need to stop my adhd brain for one second and take back meditation and whatever other kind of more personal studies I could find to feel better. Cause clearly I'm in a hole right now.

PS : sorry if I'm not answering some other posts. Sometimes I just don't have more to say but appreciate the infos and experience.

Edited by BojackHorseman

6 hours ago, Moksha said:

You would benefit from "10% Happier: How I Tamed the Voice in My Head", by Dan Harris. It's a pragmatic, science-based approach to the benefits of meditation.

Maybe it is the first domino toward happiness deeper than 10%.

One time I discovered happiness deeper than 10% when I pretended to be a chicken out of pure spontaneity, no joke!

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Ra: I am Ra. The vibratory distortion of sound, faith, is perhaps one of the stumbling blocks between those of what we may call the infinite path and those of the finite proving-understanding.

—Law of One, Session 3.9

Edited by tuku747

No serious mystic sees any overlap contradiction between materialism and science, and spiritual facts.

There's an inevitability to the fact of oneness. If you make an origami swan, there is still no substance other than paper there. If folding the paper a certain way created qualia (so if certain arrangements of atoms create subjective experience), the qualia would also be paper.

You simply cannot manipulate something and generate something substantially other than the thing you are twisting around. See how many ways you can fold a piece of paper, screw it up, do whatever you want with it. See how no matter what you do, never will a sheet of ice be conjured beside the paper from your manipulations.

That is why materialism and science have no bearing at all. If the brain generates conscious experience it is irrelevant. The brain and conscious experiences (i.e. seeing, hearing, tasting) are substantially just paper. It's all one. It's inescapable. Inevitable. If you understand that then you will never again be bothered by these musings.

This is just cope.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.