Andrewww

No modern day person has a roadmap to Nirvana or Bliss that's beyond materialism.

15 posts in this topic

I see so much oneness/nonduality talk.

An yet how many of these people if any can say they're okay with giving up attachments to many of their objects and aren't as tied to the 5 senses.

Many religious founders spoke of a divine ecstasy/love rapture that is a fruit of spiritual development. An yet where is it and who talks about it? Curious what you all have found. Thanks :).

GOD creates beauty!

You create BS 

:D

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Attaching yourself to as much as possible instead and in an infinite way will also "do it", the point is infinity not which infinity, one that fits you, maybe, am I roight Yimpa hhueehuehu.

"modern day person" 

Classic case of the mentality that causes manchildren to believe in "ascended masters" etc.

If you want to see the end of where classical non duality can take you, check out Frank Yang.

If you want the highest consciousness possible then take psychedelics and contemplate.

Or ideally mix every spiritual practice and find you like in a way that makes sense.

Edited by Michal__

On 7/2/2023 at 8:53 PM, Andrewww said:

I see so much oneness/nonduality talk.

An yet how many of these people if any can say they're okay with giving up attachments to many of their objects and aren't as tied to the 5 senses.

Talk is cheap, integration is not. People place a stale piece of bread on the altar, and demand a miracle.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@Andrewww

What? What? In the butt...

So uh... Do you... have...a..point?

What you resist, persists and less of you exists. There is a part of you that never leaves. You are not in; you have never been. You know. You put it there and time stretches. 

People enjoy being within this world and everything that goes with it. People are not really evolved to function outside of it... Fact is people like luxuries and hedonism and whatever else.

Because modern man is traumatized. Earth is in the dark night of the soul

Edited by Hojo

Don't you think that those that are totally free and living their spiritual life with little posessions could be a little bit harder to spot?

Most of them won't go do youtube. Most of them will be sitting peacefully in their small garden.

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

@Arthogaan You can have little to no possession and still be very attached. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

52 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

@Arthogaan You can have little to no possession and still be very attached. 

I agree. I don't see how that contradicts my post :x

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

Just plug it

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

16 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Just plug it

Not to sound repetitive, but one must understand the difference between enjoyment and attachment.

Enjoyment = mastery

Attachment = slavery

Sense objects aren't bad in and of themselves.  It's the attachment (i.e. being a slave to them) that is the problem.

Once the attachment is gone, one can still enjoy.

Edited by SeaMonster

@SeaMonster To take it a step further: realize that there was nothing to get attached to to begin with. 

It’s important to distinguish between:

• attachment being seen clearly for what it is 
  • avoiding, rejecting, or judging attachment out of fear

Finally, enjoyment has conditions, but Love is beyond the limitation of conditioning.