Someone here

Going all fruit diet as a test

22 posts in this topic

I just came back from the grocery store with a huge basket of fresh oranges..watermelon..mango..berries..strawberry..and avocado  

And I will be eating those for the next few days . Only relying on fruits . Its just an experiment to test out if this diet is the optimal diet for human beings .

I know it's high in nutrients but low in calories. So I will add some milk with banana to create a thick juice .

Anyways..what should I expect from this diet ?

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

2 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Diarrhea

Why ? Fruits are soild . Maybe not as solid as bread but still. I've read on Reddit this diet is the healthiest. And  I'm convinced that that's the healthiest diet. 

-Osho

You could be right it was more like a joke. But there are some food combinations that can cause diarreha like milk and melon i think is a terrible combination. Tho i would take what i say with salt. But you can check right and wrong food combinations if you Google "ayurveda food combination rules."

Also too many berries can cause diarreha. This one i remember well.

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

Muscle wasting, low flow of thought,and even eventually dementia brain fog, low androgenity (beard that grows less quickly, less libido...) premature aging, loss/thinning of hair, nails etc etc etc.

And no, fruit is not nutrient dense.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

4 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

Muscle wasting, low flow of thought,and even eventually dementia brain fog, low androgenity (beard that grows less quickly, less libido...) premature aging, loss/thinning of hair, nails etc etc etc.

And no, fruit is not nutrient dense.

Talking out of direct experience or ?

I have a friend that basically eats 90% fruits all day with 1 actual meal and eventually is trying to get to a 100% fruit diet. This person also only breaks their fast with fruits(breakfast etc).

Im not sure about all those negative things you mentioned.  Is it the lack of protein... collagen and  certain vitamins that exists in meat and carbs and veggies? 

I know it's unbalanced diet .but I will try it out .

-Osho

14 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Talking out of direct experience or ?

I have a friend that basically eats 90% fruits all day with 1 actual meal and eventually is trying to get to a 100% fruit diet. This person also only breaks their fast with fruits(breakfast etc).

Im not sure about all those negative things you mentioned.  Is it the lack of protein... collagen and  certain vitamins that exists in meat and carbs and veggies? 

I know it's unbalanced diet .but I will try it out .

What interest ? You explained that you had discipline issues the other day and that you would like to improve your professional and personal situation rather than just working at Starbucks.
Why spend your energy/motivation on such an unnatural and restrictive diet? Without even a real apparent reason?
It's a weirdo's delirium to calm their food anxiety by eating "yin" foods, it will literally do you nothing and it will even be dangerous.

In fact if you want I can save you 10 years of personal development in nutrition and all that: You can be healthy and live old by eating burgers, fries, coke, alcohol and even smoking tobacco tobacco here and there, as long as the lifestyle (sleep, stress, etc.) is good and the diet is globally balanced.

Otherwise, see you in 10 years :D

2 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

Why spend your energy/motivation on such an unnatural and restrictive diet? Without even a real apparent reason?
It's a weirdo's delirium to calm their food anxiety by eating "yin" foods, it will literally do you nothing and it will even be dangerous.

I think you are highly exaggerating this . Calling the cleanest diet possible "dangerous " is like saying snorting Cocaine is good for you in the long run. 

You did not even tell me what's lacking from this diet .

Most people who only eat fruit are lean and fit. the look that people have when they’re older and they lose a lot of weight super fast and they always look kind of… Ill? Like yes..you are skinny but a weird pasty unhealthy sunken in cheekbones kind of skinny?  Nah I don't want that if this diet gonna cost me to lose muscle and stuff.

This is only a test .I know The body needs different types of nutrients to function properly. Protein, fats, varied fiber (I would imagine)… by no means am I an expert, but common sense tells me that it’s probably not a good idea for the long term. So I will try it and see .

5 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

In fact if you want I can save you 10 years of personal development in nutrition and all that: You can be healthy and live old by eating burgers, fries, coke, alcohol and even smoking tobacco tobacco here and there, as long as the lifestyle (sleep, stress, etc.) is good and the diet is globally balanced.

Otherwise, see you in 10 years 

Are you fucking kidding me ?

-Osho

It is a good test, done a few times with good results (detox) but couldn't beat the cravings for long.

Also, felt like crap a lot.

But try for 2 weeks and see what happens.

It's basically like fasting, just a less boring version. You'll feel good, for a while. Some years ago, I did some kind of intermittent fasting where I had a simplified version of Leo's blueberry smoothie for breakfast and then whatever my family served for dinner (and something before bed as well). I went from like 80kg to 70kg in a few months. Then, I slowly reintroduced eggs and bread into the routine, later replacing the smoothie with a smaller amount of solid fruit, and that is what I still eat today. Your body is really not meant to drink food.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

10 hours ago, Someone here said:

I think you are highly exaggerating this . Calling the cleanest diet possible "dangerous " is like saying snorting Cocaine is good for you in the long run. 

Beginning the question 

Why it would be the « cleanest » diet ? 

You did not even tell me what's lacking from this diet .

-B12, essentials fatty acids (EPA, DHA and LA/AA), Zinc, Copper, Calcium, Vitamine A, iodine etc etc

And of course proteins : Even an adult and very sedentary person needs at least fifty grams of quality protein to balance the nitrogen balance. A young and active person will need double that.

Most people who only eat fruit are lean and fit. the look that people have when they’re older and they lose a lot of weight super fast and they always look kind of… Ill? Like yes..you are skinny but a weird pasty unhealthy sunken in cheekbones kind of skinny?  Nah I don't want that if this diet gonna cost me to lose muscle and stuff.

No most fruitarians look like crap. The only """muscle"""" guys I've seen (John Rose and Doug Graham) look retarded and you have no proof they aren't on roid. Otherwise the others (like Morse) look like human blobs or stick insects.

This is only a test .I know The body needs different types of nutrients to function properly. Protein, fats, varied fiber (I would imagine)… by no means am I an expert, but common sense tells me that it’s probably not a good idea for the long term. So I will try it and see .

You do what you want. :)

In fact I am directly in mirror with you, I too tend to move forward like a stupid ram, lol.

Are you fucking kidding me ?

Not at all.

14 hours ago, Someone here said:

I've read on Reddit

There it is. Your first and only mistake.? Jk

Sailing on the ceiling 

Use a lot of bananas and dates as one of your staples. Add some fresh herbs, algae (for DHA and some B12, sadly our todays soil is lacking B12 and Zinc and therfore is low in vegetables and fruits ) leafy greens and sweet/potatoes, squash and vegetables , they are just as healthy and there is no reason to exclude them from a heavy fruit based diet.  You will lose some weight but as long it stays stable and settles in you should be fine.  You will have to eat and spend more than you are used to. As long as you eat enough from your new food sources and feel good and strong you dont have to be worried about protein. Its just hard to keep the balance in calories when you are pursuing some extrem sport endeavor in your life. If you are concerned about male nutrition you could eat high quality meat once a week and you would be reassured. Balance of healthy uncontaminated food is key. Also dont start binge eating avocados. I think fruits only is a unecassary restriction, when there other plant based options that are just as healthy. (But forget about soy, corn, and gluten when clean eating is a priority for you.)  High quality B12 and Zinc supplements are benefical for everyone regardless of diet.  

This would be better than relying heavy on milk. 

Edited by effortlesslumen

3 minutes ago, effortlesslumen said:

Use a lot of bananas and dates as one of your staples. Add some fresh herbs, algae (for DHA and some B12, sadly our todays soil is lacking B12 and Zinc and therfore is low in vegetables and fruits ) leafy greens and potatoes, squash and vegetables , they are just as healthy and there is no reason to exclude them from a heavy fruit based diet.  You will lose some weight but as long it stays stable and settles in you should be fine.  You will have to eat and spend more than you are used to. As long as you eat enough from your new food sources and feel good and strong you dont have to be worried about protein. Its just hard to keep the balance in calories when you are pursuing some extrem sport endeavor in your life. If you are concerned about male nutrition you could eat high quality meat once a week and you would be reassured. Balance of healthy uncontaminated food is key. Also dont start binge eating avocados. I think fruits only is a unecassary restriction, when there other plant based options that are just as healthy. (But forget about soy, corn, and gluten when clean eating is a priority for you.)  High quality B12 and Zinc supplements are benefical for everyone regardless of diet.  

This would be better than relying  on milk. 

A natural and healthy diet, no doubt about it. :)

@Someone here

just don’t fall into the trap of getting too stuck on certain ideas of what’s healthy or not. Pay attention to your body’s  signals, listen to it  with openness and without bias, as bias can sometimes create experiences in the body that make it seem something is better than it is or vice versa 

I love experimenting myself tho so it’s fun to hear you’re doing something like this!

Edited by Sugarcoat

I don't know what the price of products like pineapples, Mangoes and melons is in India, but it is probably cheaper than in Europe since you guys can grow a lot of tropical fruits we can't but cost per calory this diet can be high. It also  requires high level of micromanagement and advanced levels of nutritional and health awareness & knowledge to pull off and stay free from deficiencies.

It is certainly possible but doing it right can cost you (in Europe) like -25-30 euros a day.  Excluding the cost of supplements. 

Just out of curioisity - what does a box of mangoes cost on a local market? Is getting 2400 calories from fruit a day viable or could you run into budget issues if you account for the cost of living, rent etc ? I'd make the volume:cost  calculation using cronometer.com 

It will be a fun experiment and the experience will be worth itself but perhaps you'll come to realise that it is not perfect for long-terms. I am yet to see a healthy and balanced example of a fruitarian who is neither malnourished nor dogmatic. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

3 hours ago, Michael569 said:

I don't know what the price of products like pineapples, Mangoes and melons is in India, but it is probably cheaper than in Europe since you guys can grow a lot of tropical fruits we can't but cost per calory this diet can be high. It also  requires high level of micromanagement and advanced levels of nutritional and health awareness & knowledge to pull off and stay free from deficiencies.

It is certainly possible but doing it right can cost you (in Europe) like -25-30 euros a day.  Excluding the cost of supplements. 

Just out of curioisity - what does a box of mangoes cost on a local market? Is getting 2400 calories from fruit a day viable or could you run into budget issues if you account for the cost of living, rent etc ? I'd make the volume:cost  calculation using cronometer.com 

It will be a fun experiment and the experience will be worth itself but perhaps you'll come to realise that it is not perfect for long-terms. I am yet to see a healthy and balanced example of a fruitarian who is neither malnourished nor dogmatic. 

I have to pee just reading this