Chives99

what is salvia like?

66 posts in this topic

I wonder... and this is a question I'd like to ask to everyone here who's done salvia: were you aware of its reputation for inducing nightmarish trips prior to your experience? Is it possible that such expectations could have influenced your trips negatively?

Meaning, if you go into a trip anxious and in anticipation of a terrifying experience, well, that's what you will likely get regardless of the substance. Could all this be at least partly self-induced?

I've never done it so idk, I'm just curious. I know of a few friends who did it and from what they told me it seemed like a fun experience. They knew nothing about it. Probably a very low dose too.

Edited by kylan11

@Leo Gura How often have you tripped with a tripsitter or with other people?
I don't remember you ever mentioning tripping except solo.

And in general I think people who have not done deep psychological and emotional work (most people, here too) should not even touch salvia.

Stories are made for children to fall asleep, and adults to wake up.

1 hour ago, kylan11 said:

I wonder... and this is a question I'd like to ask to everyone here who's done salvia: were you aware of its reputation for inducing nightmarish trips prior to your experience? Is it possible that such expectations could have influenced your trips negatively?

Meaning, if you go into a trip anxious and in anticipation of a terrifying experience, well, that's what you will likely get regardless of the substance. Could all this be at least partly self-induced?

I've never done it so idk, I'm just curious. I know of a few friends who did it and from what they told me it seemed like a fun experience. They knew nothing about it. Probably a very low dose too.

I think that is unlikely. There are hundreds of reports from people who think it's fun and end up having those nightmarish trips. I once smoked 20x extract with tabacco in a joint and part of my vision became a demon and grabbed me for 20 secs or so. When I came back I saw that I was grabbing some sleeves of a jacket.

I also use just dried leaves as basis for my dmt because I can't smoke it pure and it's fine as long as you respect it. However the visuals and texture get quite sinister and autonomous. Thats because salvia doesn't hit your serotonine receptors so it's different from normal psychedelics. 

I've had an more or less classical awakening from smoking just leaves in the bong. Things started morphing a little though. So I think you can work with them on lower doses.

If you want to get a feel for it and not so extreme where your psyche gets raped try salvia extract spray which you keep for some time in mouth spit it out. Theb you will trip but it's gonna be managable or smoke leaves in the bong. In tradinional indigenous tribes they pzt them only in their mouth and chew on them and spit them out and use them for spiritual purposes that way.

Edited by Starlight321

3 hours ago, ItsNick said:

@Leo Gura How often have you tripped with a tripsitter or with other people?
I don't remember you ever mentioning tripping except solo.

And in general I think people who have not done deep psychological and emotional work (most people, here too) should not even touch salvia.

A handful of times. My trips are too deep to trip with people. Even if I have a girlfriend around, I trip seperately from her.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I also can't trip with anyone @Leo Gura even with my gf it's like we're on completely different wavelengths during a trip and unfortunately she's way behind sorting through her own deep traumas while I try to find space for myself, relationships can be very limiting in advanced psychedelic work. 

It is best done alone without any distractions. People are the biggest distraction. 

13 minutes ago, Luminescence said:

we're on completely different wavelengths during a trip and unfortunately she's way behind sorting through her own deep traumas

Exactly!

Adults should not trip next to children ;)

Edited by Leo Gura

I just took some salvia earlier without even realizing it.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

e361c39b97651d30b4ea869069194f6c8dbe093cd14dcd4d4e4a9df720b77e9f_1.jpg

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

12f36dc850bdb8ebf0178526d09ef6df.gif

1608328932528.jpg

5 hours ago, Benton said:

Me and two friends smoked salvia a few years ago. It made our bodies feel very dysphoric and it felt like we were in new york even though we were really in my room. Not a very pleasant experience.  When I went to new york it wasn’t really fully immersive and it was more like my room just felt like new york for some reason. With my walls turning into streets as I looked at them with fire hydrants and cars. Only lasted like 15 minutes. 
My other friend tried it and he said he lived an entirely different life. And when he started coming out of the trip he said he thought we were aliens trying to steal him from his real life. 
It was definitely more intense for him than us. And I guess a reverse tolerance is a thing with salvia.

Oh, yeah. That reminds me of a story that happened to a former friend of mine. I don't want to give you a negative feeling about exploring this substance but I think it is important to know the risk and practice harm reduction

I tell this story because if you're unlucky you can get real damage and this shouldn't be underestimated while dealing with salvia. Of course it depends on multiple factors but nevertheless.

His story was that before we met he smoked some high extract with some friends in an irresponsible manner and woke up in a world with green salvia  beings and he was also green and the world was full of vortexes. He was then forced to live in this world and work there keeping this vortexes alive by focussing the hole day on them. At first he seemed to have the remniniscens that he didn't belong there but soon get used to it and even became friends with some other elves and build there a whole live. He told me he spent there years and finally got ptsd from the shift to ordinary reality again because his whole coherent reality bubble there broke apart and when he first saw a human face of the sitter he couldn't recognise it as such and was shocked because it was like seeing those naked rats with their teeth and weird looking mouths. I should mention that he had some trauma before that but still had nightmares for a year and can't trip anymore.

I find honestly find it hard believe when people say they spend there years. i often ask myself if one really spents there years or just get the memories of being there such a long time. But then I remember some weird shit happening to me on my lsd trips where I spent different live paths and it took me also a long time arriving back here in this human form with human memories.

Edited by Starlight321

It arrived, see you on the other side

IMG_168700256889F.jpg

"You have to allow yourself to not know"- Peter Ralston

Salvia scares the shit out of me. Never tried it. Maybe after another 10years of mushroom xp. 

Sailing on the ceiling 

15 minutes ago, Rigel said:

Never tried it.

How do you know that? :ph34r:

4 hours ago, Chives99 said:

IMG_168700256889F.jpg

Godspeed my fellow psychonaut =)

Tell us how it was. 

18 minutes ago, Starlight321 said:

Godspeed my fellow psychonaut =)

Tell us how it was. 

Trust me, you don’t want to know.

Or fuck it… don’t trust me and find out yourself xD

@Chives99 wishing you a safe and wonderful trip! pls report  when you are back from being a glass of orange juice xD

7 hours ago, Chives99 said:

IMG_168700256889F.jpg

Are You going to have a trip sitter? Did You take it already?

Be God damn careful dude! This is no joke.

On 17/6/2023 at 2:26 PM, Chives99 said:

IMG_168700256889F.jpg

You bought from a good source, they are the best in Europe. You bought an extract, take that into account. Salvia is very different so this extract can have effects in you from nothing at all to insanity. So start slow and go up slow. Also there is no tolerance and salvia and if you do it to soon the effects combine even though you don't feel them. So I did extract 10x and then just leaves where you don't feel anything normally but in this case it was like i did 10x again, so now this.

Also Salvia has reverse tolerance, which means that the more you smoke it the less you need. Which means a newbie would get less high with the same hit than an habitual user. This is just to add more mystery to this substance. Like wtf, how many drugs you know that have reverse tolerance?

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless you live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, you should know the requirements of your body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is wild. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ...                         Discipline this life & Realize Absolute Infinity